Have you ever had a crush on a nerd? I do.

Linkat

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:30 am
It is really crazy, but for some strange reason I have a crush on the nerd on Criminal Minds. The character called Dr. Spencer Reid. He is skinny and way too young for me, but I have a crush on him. The show has a couple of other hot guys - one that typically would be my "type," but I really find the nerd fascinating. I honestly can't explain it - maybe it is how insanely intelligent his character is portrayed? Can anyone explain this weird attraction?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,156 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:31 am
I used to have a crush on Woody Allen....I was always afraid to wonder why.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:33 am
I used to have a crush on Dr Green when ER first hit the air.

My husband is a geek with a capitol G.

bill gates Embarrassed yup

Remember Clay Aiken?

I liked him before they changed his look.

There is something about the geeky red heads that just.. >siiigh<
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:34 am
shewolfnm wrote:
There is something about the geeky red heads that just.. >siiigh<

Is that why you're so hot for me?
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:37 am
People develope crushes on others all the time, often for reasons they cannot define. You see something attractive in him, some quality that you find irresistable. That's just the nature of the beast. I say, enjoy it. Sure, you only get to see him on TV once a week for an hour, but that's why the internet is here.
You only need to begin worrying if you start to not only talk to him on the TV, but get jealous of the women in his life. :wink:
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:40 am
I guess the nerd thing bothers me because I'm typically not attracted to them. My husband is athletic looking - you would never call him a nerd. (Although sometimes he can act nerdy). I think it is the intelligence thing. That must float my boat -although my husband isn't the intelligent type either.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:42 am
So you break the mold and are attracted to something other than looks. I say congratulations. It's an admirable quality.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:49 am
I tend to find "nerdy" types pretty hot myself.

Grissom from CSI is sexy as hell (not in any other show/movie, just that one)

I am strangly attracted to House on House too.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 10:03 pm
Oh, the guy who plays House. Yeah. The look combined with the character he plays does something for me too.

Some nerds are hot. I've always had a weird draw to sexy-ugly people. There's a word for it in french, but I can't think of it now.
You know, the type that are simply fascinating to look at. Not really bc of physical beauty: but bc they can look so different at various times.
Just...sexy-ugly!
Laughing
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:06 pm
There was a French actor by the name of Guy (?) Belmondo or something with lips like Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger. He was popular with women.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 11:07 pm
nuthin wrong with red haired nerds. in real life,too.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 12:44 am
talk72000 wrote:
There was a French actor by the name of Guy (?) Belmondo or something with lips like Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger. He was popular with women.

You mean this guy, Jean-Paul?

http://www.cyranos.ch/sbbelmon.jpg
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 06:57 am
flushd wrote:
Oh, the guy who plays House. Yeah. The look combined with the character he plays does something for me too.

Some nerds are hot. I've always had a weird draw to sexy-ugly people. There's a word for it in french, but I can't think of it now.
You know, the type that are simply fascinating to look at. Not really bc of physical beauty: but bc they can look so different at various times.
Just...sexy-ugly!
Laughing

Yeah...sexy/ugly!

I thought this quote was pretty accurate.

"Hugh LaurieĀ… the British actor is the thinking woman's sex symbol." - Entertainment Weekly

Something sexy about him...

http://www.canmag.com/images/front/superman/hugh.jpg
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 07:50 am
My first boyfriend was a complete nerd.
He was a computer geek up to the hilt, he even got 'pc magazine' and and had customised his pc so much it had flashing lights and ****.

although he also played the guitar, which made him quite cool.
and he was really really skinny, which meant that when we had sex his hip bones stuck in me and hurt.

but i found the whole thing rather sexy.

funny thing is that now im going out with an absolute hunk, like your typical surfer with a tan and 6 pack, i dont fancy him as i did my first. weird.

what does anyone think of JUSTIN HAWKINS? i think hes an absolute god.
http://www.musik-news.de/news/images/1307.jpg
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 07:56 am
Yep, sexy/ugly.

Tho this can not be applied to the gorgeous Hugh Laurie.He is sexy/sexy.He could strike me down with those blue eyes!!!
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 08:03 am
He's intense. Intensity is sexy.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 08:06 am
I always thought he was pretty fit to be quite honset.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 08:08 am
Mmmm, luckily we (UKer's)have had Hugh to ogle over since the 80's.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 08:08 am
I mean, the House guy is intense. Justin Hawkins, bleh.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 08:10 am
well possibly, but i was an embryo in the late eighties, so i didnt really pay him much attention.
0 Replies