Bush Backs Brother Jeb for White House

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 10:46 am
Bush Backs Brother Jeb for White House

Quote:
Wednesday May 10, 2006 4:01 PM

AP Photo FLPM109

By NEDRA PICKLER

Associated Press Writer

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - President Bush suggested Wednesday that he'd like to see his family's White House legacy continue, perhaps with his younger brother Jeb as the chief executive.

The president said Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is well-suited for another office and would make ``a great president.''

``I would like to see Jeb run at some point in time, but I have no idea if that's his intention or not,'' Bush said in an interview with Florida reporters, according to an account on the St. Petersburg Times Web site.

The president said he had ``pushed him fairly hard about what he intends to do,'' but Jeb has not said.

``I have no idea what he's going to do. I've asked him that question myself. I truly don't think he knows,'' Bush said.

Jeb Bush, 53, will end his second term as governor in January. His brother George ends his second presidential term in January 2009. Neither can seek re-election because of term limits.

Jeb Bush has repeatedly said he is not going to run in 2008.

But even his own father said no one believes him when he says he's not interested in running at some point. Former President George H.W. Bush told CNN's ``Larry King Live'' last year that he would like Jeb Bush to run one day and that he would be ``awfully good'' as president.

The Florida governor laughed when asked about his father's comments last June. ``Oh, Lord,'' he said and shook his head no. ``I love my dad.'' .....

Victory in Iraq is right around the corner... in Florida?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,281 • Replies: 47
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 10:57 am
Is there a point you are trying to make?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:00 am
Let's see...Bush Sr. lost his re-election bid, and Jr. is ending his term on a sour note. Perhaps Jeb should wait a while...
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:01 am
Undoubtedly brother Jeb shares the President's clear vision and steely resolve to achieve victory in Iraq!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:05 am
woiyo wrote:

Uh, yeah.

Bush has already stated that the job of finishing Iraq will fall to a future president.

Now there is a report of GW suggesting Jeb would make a great president.

I'm in NC. Florida (Jeb) is right around the corner, as is victory in Iraq.

Get it?

(Really not funny when I have to explain it.) Very Happy
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:08 am
You know, many Iraqis like to vacation in Florida. Which more and more of them will soon be able to do, what with victory in Iraq being just around the corner.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:09 am
Sorry Squinney, but it wasn't funny even before you explained it. Sorry to burst your bubble.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 11:17 am
But what is funny is what the look will be on the America haters' faces, when they realize they cannot run or hide from the absolute victory President Bush has ensured with his brilliant and forward reaching strategy.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:14 pm
squinney wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Uh, yeah.

Bush has already stated that the job of finishing Iraq will fall to a future president.

Now there is a report of GW suggesting Jeb would make a great president.

I'm in NC. Florida (Jeb) is right around the corner, as is victory in Iraq.

Get it?

(Really not funny when I have to explain it.) Very Happy

Quite simply, your point is stupid as you and the author are over analyzing a simple fact. Would you not support your brother/sister if they were running for an office?

From a political and objective point of view, Jeb trying to run for President at this time would be suicide given the fact his brother screwed his second term up to a point that he has lost almost all support from his party and the voters.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:34 pm
Is anyone surprised?
This is Daddy's dream.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:39 pm
Most likely will be Connie Rice and MCCain ( if he's well enough ).
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:49 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
Sorry Squinney, but it wasn't funny even before you explained it. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Ha ha ha ha ha, you are a humor critic now? It was funny to me. Mildly amusing at least.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 12:54 pm
eoe wrote:
This is Daddy's dream.

It can be achieved with his clear vision and superior leadship. Victory on Capitol Hill is just around the corner.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 01:43 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha, you are a humor critic now? It was funny to me. Mildly amusing at least.

Well it wasn't to me. I'm sure there are lots of things I find funny that you do not and vice versa. (And yes, I am a humor critic, thank you very much. So good of you to notice. What was it that gave me away? The clown makeup?)

Of course, since you said you may have only found it mildly amusing, then I guess you and I are both in agreement that it wasn't funny. So which statement is the correct one and which one is a lie? Did you find it funny or only mildly amusing? Don't be shy. Stick to your guns. If you think it was funny, stick to that. Don't hedge by admitting it may only have been mildly amusing. That kinda takes the sting out of your response. In fact, almost makes it look like you could agree with me that it wasn't funny.

Ok, enough of this drivel. Have a good day.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 01:48 pm
Does Coastal Rat's picture look funny, or is he just funny-looking?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 01:53 pm
snood wrote:

the converse of which is a lie applies here.... both are true....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 01:53 pm
No.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 01:54 pm
DrewDad wrote:
No.

Don't be an America hating naysayer. Remember, victory in Iraq is right around the corner!
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 01:56 pm
snood wrote:

Hmmm, I vote for both. You ought to see my glamour photo.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 02:07 pm
blacksmithn wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
No.

Don't be an America hating naysayer. Remember, victory in Iraq is right around the corner!

That's "America-hating naysayer." Careful punctuation is the mark of victory in Iraq.
0 Replies