Regarding Kitkat_bar

JPB

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 12:27 pm
LoveMyFamily wrote:
J_B, ... Don't you agree as members of a forum it is also our responsibility to keep the environment as cordial as we can. Again, it is only my opinion and was one of the reasons why I was enjoying this place for a long time - cordial environment. A2K has a bunch of mature posters who give sound advice to people, including you J_B. When we take so much from a place for free, we are also responsible to give something back in return, IMO. There will be immature posters but most of us on this forum are quite matured with respect to age and with respect to judgement and advices and are capable of shrugging it off without getting into incordialities.

For my own part, sure that's how I try to respond. But I cannot pretend to be the morality police for A2K, nor would I want to be. What makes A2K what it is is the diversity of the people and how they express themselves. Like Phoenix, there is at least one individual I never respond to, I've given up. There are others who might not respond to me <shrug> but that's ok too. This is an open membership forum with defined TOS. The site is monitored for actions that violate the TOS. As members of the forum we are encouraged to hit the report button that is available on every post to send a report to those who make such decisions. I've done so myself on occasion, as I'm sure have many of the regular posters. If it's a general concern rather than one relating to a specific post you can hit the 'contact us' button at the bottom of every page.

A2K is different things to different people. Each of us brings to it what we like and the combined efforts result in a pretty darn good place to hang out.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 05:03 pm
Re: Regarding Kitkat_bar
LoveMyFamily wrote:
So she keeps on talking about the same thing. She ignores the advices. She comes to hear herself talk. She goes round and round in circles.

But what are we doing? Slamming her and making fun. In my opinion this behaviour in our part only brings us down. If you do not feel worthwhile contributing to her thread, it would be better to ignore those threads in my opinion.

(Running to save myself from being stoned :wink: )

Wow a whole thread dedicated to me? Wow this is just so unexpected, I don't even have a speech prepared or anything. I don't know what to say... (tears) I'll just read off a few names then.

Ahem... I wish to thank all the following people for being there for me:

Mr.T, Jessi James, my mom, Linda Hamilton, God, Luke Skywalker, um.... Bill Gates, Walt Disney, Martha Stewart, Jim Carey, my producers Jim Bob and Bobby Jim...oh geeze I know I'm forgetting so many people... whats that? Oh, my acceptence song is almost up? Ok Ok...I'll hurry it up! Uh... I'd like to thank wheaties brand cereal, poptarts, jelly beans, and every one else I forgot to mention! Thank you so much (tears)....
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 05:16 pm
J_B wrote:

I recall a different individual who shows up every so often with the same story line - I have a new boyfriend, I got drunk and slept with him, he hasn't called me in twenty minutes, I've sent him 42 text messages and he's ignoring me, what should I do? The story never changes but over time the advice has become more cynical. She keeps coming back and ignores anything we say.

That's where you guys are wrong. I HAVE taken much of your advice. THE ONLY peice of advice I haven't taken is divorcing my husband. Call me crazy but I just don't see anyone taking me seriously for divorcing my husband over DISH SOAP!!! He doesn't beat me, he doesn't threaten me.... You guys say I don't take ANY of your advice...but what you really mean to say is I haven't divorced my husband yet. Thats the only advice I get from anyone and I just think that divorce is an extreme thing to do.

Why is divorce my only option for me when we are fighting over who picks up who's socks? Telling me to divorce my husband because we fight over silly things like where we are going for dinner or who is driving seems a little EXTREME and that is why I am not nessisarily on the same page with you when you say that. Telling me to divorce my husband is a hell of a lot easier for you to say than me actually doing it. When I came on here, I was looking for advice on what to do about these silly little fights...but it is hard for me to take you seriously when I feel like everyone is taking things to an extreme!
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 05:27 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
I don't see KK as being flamed as much as pointing out her immaturity by trying to get down to her level of communication.

for instance, the "argument" between blacksmith and myself? Might be seen as a joke, as flaming, or as I meant it, showing her how her own arguments with her spouse would sound if she was listening to herself.

BTW, when I directly asked her what it was that was so "heavy" that she and her spouse "went through" together, her first response was the usual pathetic "oh you wouldn't understand", then asking me my opinion on whether to do it there, or start a new thread. I told her that was her call, and that's the last I've heard. I'm hoping (hope springs eternal) that when she's actually writing it down, she might see that whatever it was is certainly not worth what she has now....

btw, on one of her other threads (there's so many), I recently posted a more serious message, you're welcome to read.

If this young woman was expecting people to perpetually hold her hand and say "there, there" she isn't much in touch with reality.

Sometimes it gets to the point where you need to point out how foolish they are, and make them look at themselves.

Hey, a few times in my life, I've had good friends and complete strangers say something to me, that stopped me in my tracks and really made me look at MY part in the problem. They were painful wake up calls, but in the end, put things back in prespective.

If kitt_katt felt so insulted, she wouldn't keep coming back. It's all part of the drama of her life.

Please tell me what thread that was in. I didn't mean for it to seem like I cast it aside, I seriously have not seen it yet. My computer acts really weird on this site and sometimes I don't see all the pages. I really do want to know what you had to say because it is important to me. The reason I didn't tell you what I have been through is because going that deep into my past emotions can be really painfull and the last thing I would want is to expose myself like that for someone and for them to kick me when I'm down. Those things are quite painful to me and it would really hurt me if I were to spill my heart out only for some one to chew it up and spit it back out. I only brought them up because someone asked me about them, that is all.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 05:41 pm
Re: Regarding Kitkat_bar
Roxxxanne wrote:
LoveMyFamily wrote:
So she keeps on talking about the same thing. She ignores the advices. She comes to hear herself talk. She goes round and round in circles.

But what are we doing? Slamming her and making fun. In my opinion this behaviour in our part only brings us down. If you do not feel worthwhile contributing to her thread, it would be better to ignore those threads in my opinion.

(Running to save myself from being stoned :wink: )

It is easy for you to say with no skin in the game. You haven't made any investment in your time trying to help her only to be ignored and then having to listen to her continue to play the victim.

Just because I don't jump at every suggestion that passes my way doesn't mean I ignore everything everyone says to me. As I have said around ten times now, I have taken a LOT of the advice here on this forum and thanked the people who gave me the balls to do it. I would say on average, I have taken 80% of all advice that is given to me, the other 20% are the people who think I should divorce my husband over dish soap. The last thing I would want is for someone to think of me as a victim because a victim is nothing but someone with a whole lot of weakness. One thing I know for sure is my dad would have beaten any ounce of weakness out of me so fast that....well....in any event...I am a very strong person with a very strong will.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 05:46 pm
Chai-Tea: I can totally understand you pouring your heart out to me or to anyone else. It sounds beautiful. If only I could find your post Sad
0 Replies