Fight the U.N. Gun Ban

blacksmithn

Wed 10 May, 2006 07:33 am
You know Australia deserves our thanks for being such a faithful ally in service to our great President's clear vision of victory in Iraq!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 10 May, 2006 07:34 am
You need to stop hitting yourself in the head with that hammer. The broken record spiel is getting old.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Wed 10 May, 2006 07:46 am
Speaking of hammers, I'm certainly thankful that our mighty President has at last provided the Iraqi people the tools for achieving democracy in their country. Victory in Iraq is just around the corner!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 10 May, 2006 07:48 am
[please ignore the troll]
0 Replies

parados

Wed 10 May, 2006 07:51 am
I just wish cj and the NRA would stop obstructing our great president and his wonderful plan for victory in Iraq. Without the UN to prevent the transfer of illegal weapons to Al Qaeda in Iraq our great President's plan will fail.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Wed 10 May, 2006 07:57 am
Yes, why do you think they hate America so? Can't they see the inevitability of our President's bold plan for victory in Iraq?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Wed 10 May, 2006 08:25 am
cjhsa wrote:
You need to stop hitting yourself in the head with that hammer. The broken record spiel is getting old.

Said the pot to the kettle.

Honestly, I can't see anything wrong with this UN Treaty. You claim it's a step closer to the UN banning all guns, but where is your evidence? You have none.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Wed 10 May, 2006 08:52 am
, "The Americans brought electricity to my ass before they brought it to my house!" http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/051006Z.shtml
0 Replies

blueflame1

Wed 10 May, 2006 08:56 am
http://www.aftercapitalism.com/Blueprint_for_the_Peace_Race.pdf
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 10 May, 2006 10:44 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

Said the pot to the kettle.

Honestly, I can't see anything wrong with this UN Treaty. You claim it's a step closer to the UN banning all guns, but where is your evidence? You have none.

I can see a series of small steps that could be taken. First they make such a treaty to stop illegal weapons. The next step is to come out with a list of said weapons that they think should be illegal. The UN supporters blast the US for not ratifying the treaty kind of like they did with Kyoto Accords. Before you know it some lame ass liberal gets elected and ratifies the treaty there for taking away all of our guns. It isn't far fetched, it was tried once before with the assault weapons ban and thank God we didn't get that one extended or even expanded upon.

From my cold dead hands!!!!!!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Wed 10 May, 2006 10:48 am
There are plenty of cold dead hands in Iraq-- of the enemies of democracy! Thanks to our President's clear plan and steady resolve, victory is just around the corner!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 10 May, 2006 10:52 am
blacksmithn wrote:
There are plenty of cold dead hands in Iraq-- of the enemies of democracy! Thanks to our President's clear plan and steady resolve, victory is just around the corner!

Has this been reported to the mods or admins yet?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Wed 10 May, 2006 10:58 am
Somehow I'm having a hard time envisioning blue-helmeted UN forces going door to door looking for guns in this country.

Wait a minute--what's that I hear overhead? It's a UN helicopter bearing down on Seattle! OH NO! Where's my gun--wait, I don't even have one.

Now I know how wrong I've been on this issue. Only it's too late...Buy a gun before the UN forces come to your city!!!!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Wed 10 May, 2006 11:04 am
Baldimo wrote:
blacksmithn wrote:

Has this been reported to the mods or admins yet?

While they are powerful, to be sure, I'm not sure even the moderators have the power to derail the President's audacious plan to achieve victory in Iraq.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 10 May, 2006 11:21 am
Come you masters of war
You that build all the guns
You that build the death planes
You that build the big bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it's your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes
And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
A world war can be won
You want me to believe
But I see through your eyes
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain

You fasten the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you set back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion
As young people's blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud

You've thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins

How much do I know
To talk out of turn
You might say that I'm young
You might say I'm unlearned
But there's one thing I know
Though I'm younger than you
Even Jesus would never
Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
And your death'll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand o'er your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead

-Bob Dylan
0 Replies

Miller

Wed 10 May, 2006 11:30 am
Quote:
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul

Who cares, as long as the cash is bright, bright green!!!!!
0 Replies

nimh

Wed 10 May, 2006 11:32 am
cjhsa wrote:
http://www.stopungunban.org./pages/mastermind

I read the UN document. It is obviously intended as a step towards confiscation of all privately held firearms. You don't need to be Rhodes Scholar to figure that out.

Since you've read the document, could you point out what in it makes you think it's "a step towards confiscation of all privately held firearms"?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 10 May, 2006 11:39 am
Because that's what it says. Just remove the wiggle word "illicit" from the entire document and read it again.
0 Replies

parados

Wed 10 May, 2006 12:49 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Because that's what it says. Just remove the wiggle word "illicit" from the entire document and read it again.

If you remove the wiggle word "gun" from the document and it says nothing about confiscating guns anywhere in it.

"illicit" is defined in the document. It is hardly a "wiggle" word. It is very specific, much like the great plan Bush has to bring democracy and peace to Iraq.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Wed 10 May, 2006 12:53 pm
Perhaps cjhsa doesn't know what "illicit" means...
0 Replies