JPB

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 12:25 pm
hehe, I knew that would make your day :wink:

Twas true for me, is all I can say.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 12:30 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
wow, you mean all I have to do is have one and it'll all change? well mercy me.

Yes, actually. You'd talk about poop with the best of 'em. It's a club of sea-changed individuals.

Chai Tea wrote:
I... went out for about 6 hours and really enjoyed myself.

I crawled around on the floor for hours last night babbling at Keetah and letting her touch my teeth and really enjoyed myself.

Different strokes for different folks....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 12:39 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

Yes, actually. You'd talk about poop with the best of 'em. It's a club of sea-changed individuals.

Or, I could be in prison for beating the kid half to death.

At least I could take comfort in that I wouldn't be the only woman in there for that same reason. I wonder how many of them had a baby in the belief "they'd feel different" because someone who wasn't going to have to be there while the kid was screaming told them that

When and if we're all released we should go back out and try again, or else risk being unfulfilled.

If it doesn't work, hey, what one more kid covered with cigarette burns? At least believed the people who said it'd be different afterwards, and not our guts.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 12:56 pm
At least the kid will have had a life.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 01:03 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

Yes, actually.

Actually, not so much.

I've got one particular friend who still doesn't like her kids or other people's kids. Had two as a sort of favour to hubby. Big mistake. Whole stinking, unhappy family. There are others I've met over the years, but P is the most glaring case in my life.

Parenting's definitely not the right thing for everyone. I wish more people would recognize it when they're one/a pair of the not-so-rights.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 01:05 pm
I hate the mewling little bastards.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 01:14 pm
I know of only one woman who admitted that she had a baby strictly for her husband and if had been left up to only her, she would not have had any kids. Of course she and the husband have since split and altho she never talks about it, I've often wondered if she's good to the little girl or does she resent her? My heart aches for the child. It damn sure wasn't her fault. None of it.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 01:22 pm
That's sad, eoe.

Kicky, you sound like my ex-husband. Those sentiments are exactly why my 12-year marriage to him remained childless.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 01:47 pm
DrewDad wrote:
At least the kid will have had a life.

DrewDad - that makes absolutley no sense....

would you say that about a child that has been neglected, beaten, abused and was raised know they were unwanted? Well, at least they would have had a life. give me a break.

It's damn sure not the childs fault, as eoe said.

however, in the case of someone who has a child thinking that they should "because that's how things are and/or I'll change my mind when I have one" literally 2, if not more lives have been ruined.

The childs, the mother who didn't have any business having one, the spouse....and actually society as a whole.

It's funny….the only people who have ever said the "but you would…" cliché to me are people who don't know me past being an acquaintance, and many times, have been complete strangers. Certainly no one who knows me well has ever even suggested me having a child….I think that says a lot, don't you?

Equally funny….Let's you standing by a stranger, acquaintance or even a good friend, where, let's say strawberry ice cream is being served. The person might say, "Oh, this is delicious! Try some!" If you say, "no thanks, I really don't like that" or words to that effect, most likely the subject will drop. You (a) don't have any need to tell them you're allergic to strawberries, lactose intolerant, or just don't like strawberry ice cream and (b) the other person will generally accept that you don't want any even though it's the best thing in the world for them.

Now, this is just stupid ice cream and people "get it" that you know what's best for you. However, many people have no problem with telling a childless person who has said they want no children that "they'd be a good mother, you'll feel different when (Note: not if, when) you have one, I used to feel the same way until I had little Hortense"….and on and on.

Why would someone accept without question that another doesn't like hazelnut coffee, but feels qualified to decide with someone would be a qualified parent.

Being a parent is the most important thing there is….Let each person decide for themselves if they're going to go that route. Really, we don't need someone to tell us how we feel.

When you do, it only results in a massive internal eye roll.

What is it that some people don't "get" about that? Are you so intent on sharing your joy that you don't realize you would be condemning some people to misery and even physical harm and death by heeding your silly platitudes?

Seriously, that stuff is such Bull.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 02:00 pm
<snicker>
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 02:44 pm
Why do you laugh?

Child rearing is much too serious to be laughed at.

and the choice of whether or not to have one is even more serious, personal and best left to the individual to decide without the unsolicited advice.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:07 pm
because he is ribbing you chai.

but you do know, i cant imagine my life with out bean....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:21 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

yeah, I know he was ribbing....I was ribbing him back for such an immature response.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:56 pm
I say congratulations to new moms in the same way that I say congratulations to George Bush for liberating the Iraqi people. "Job well done!" and all that. Just like all parents had to do was have sex, all Bush had to do was say "Do it!"

I never wanted kids and never thought I would have one and sometimes I completely surprise myself about how hard I'm working to keep one. (I meet with my attorney tomorrow!) Everyone told me it would change and I never believed them and never tested the theory. Then when I was 42 and thinking "I showed them. I was right." I found myself with a baby.

And I was wrong and they were right because it all changed completely.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:58 pm
Yes, boom. Big thanks to all parents and to our President for his bold plan to achieve victory in Iraq.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:14 pm
Chai--

You've answered your own question.

Baby Makes Three means that #1 and #2 totally and completely change their lives. Congratulations on the Blessed Event are a bit like handing out water bottles to marathon runners.

You're cheering them on, go-go-go-go-go for an 18+ year effort.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 06:45 pm
Noddy24 wrote:

You're cheering them on, go-go-go-go-go for an 18+ year effort.

lol. That's how I've always thought of it. "Enjoy now. You're stuck with this kid for a loooong time, baby!" Basically it's a boost for the mom and others after the ordeal of pregnacy/going through the ringer to adopt.

I love seeing a healthy new little baby. Sometimes the 'crew' surrounding the kid can get on my nerves though. Especially the ones that are like 'ohh watch out watch out! You're going to hurt her! Ahh, I'm stressing out!' lol.

Babies are cute. Overprotective family members are not. :wink:
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 06:52 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:

yeah, I know he was ribbing....I was ribbing him back for such an immature response.

Sheesh. I didn't expect your leg to come off in my hand.... Smile
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 08:37 am
You made me laugh...
Surprised)

I am eight months pregnant, and it will be OK, if I get no congratulations after the birth.
Also no baby shower for me, please.
And don't discuss my health with me, I just would like to get on with my life.
I mean, whose business is it, how much weight I have put on (apart from maybe the midwife) or if I ever had morning sickness or cravings (no I did not!)?
I don't see what difference this baby will make to anyone anyway, apart from me and my husband!

So just leave me alone about it!

;o)

p.s.
Whatever the little bean will look like, he will be perfect, no matter what anyway.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:08 am
Congratulations

so, how are you feeling?

did you get morning sickness too?

are you taking vitamins?

Laughing
( im kidding!! )
0 Replies