It's hard out there for a virgin...

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 01:11 pm
Quote:
If his mind has been picked apart and no satisfactory answer has been given, it sounds like an insecurity thing.

Naww, they haven't picked his mind apart...they've done it behind his back...

Quote:
Has he had many girlfriends?

Never seen him with one....

Quote:
Is he comfortable around women?

Yep...seems to me he is...

Quote:
Will he talk to women he doesn't know, or does he seem more comfortable to sit back and let his friends have all the fun?

Humm, will have to pay more attention...

Quote:
I can talk up a blue streak online, and if I actually know the woman or one of my friends is dating her I can talk her ear off. When it comes to approaching women I may be interested in or don't know, I clam right up.

I find that hard to believe!

Quote:
Boy, anyone else wandering into this thread must be bored to tears or just not interrupting.

ROTF........ohh well.............
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 01:18 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
I find that hard to believe!

Thanks Very Happy But it is, unfortunately, true. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 01:44 pm
Lets pick your mind apart...shall we?
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 02:05 pm
I hope you're ready for this, shiver. Strap in.
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Lets pick your mind apart...shall we?

Believe me, I've done this very often to myself. I know what (most of) my problems are.
I have no confidence, no self-esteem. I don't like the way I look, the way I talk, the way I dance. I am overweight and have mild backne. I have had very little experience, sexually speaking, with only one woman, and that was during a night of drunkeness. I have had two girlfriends, should have been three. The third moved away before I could let her know how I felt. I got dumped by both of the other two, the second of which I nearly got engaged to (I was trying to build up the nerve). I lie awake at night, wishing for what never was and grasping at what little I see in myself for the future. I have faced rejection a time or two, and that hasn't helped things.
The worst part is, I've helped some of my friends overcome their fears and talk to women they've been interested in, even going so far as to initiate the conversations or walk over to them and tell them my friend thinks they are attractive. But when it comes to myself, I am paralyzed. I have it in my head that no one wants me, and it's hard to attract anyone when you feel so unattractive.
I would frankly be surprised if anyone even bothered to read this or speak with my afterwards. I sound like a self-absorbed, self-pitying whiner, and to a degree I am. Deep down this isn't me, and I know it isn't, but it's hard to change. I fight it every day, but . . .
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 08:03 pm
Quote:
I have no confidence, no self-esteem.

You can work on this....and I still find it hard to believe, your posts in here tell me otherwise...

Quote:
I don't like the way I look

Looks aren't everything. Besides, looks can be changed with new hair cut, maybe growing a moustache/goatee...different things. Enhancing the features you have...

Quote:
the way I talk

Whats wrong with the way you talk? Your writings protray someone with a quick wit and very intelligent.

Quote:
the way I dance

LOL, I haven't seen too many men that could dance well...lol And some women....lol But thats not a serious problem, besides...atleast you dance!

Quote:
I am overweight and have mild backne

Both of those can be reduced.....

Quote:
I have had very little experience, sexually speaking, with only one woman, and that was during a night of drunkeness

So?

Quote:
but it's hard to change. I fight it every day, but . . .

WE all fight a battle within ourselves on a daily basis about one thing or the other that we aren't happy about. You aren't alone in this.

I promise you, there is something that I have to work on each and everyday, sometimes its my outspokeness, learning to shut up..when I need to, other days its my temper, cause I have a dandy one.....but I've worked on those areas and have controlled a great portion of it....

You can tooo.....
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 10:04 am
Thank you for the kind words, shiver. I got the pm, too. I'm not even sure you're on right now, but I'll put this up anyway.
I work on those things every day, too. But it is such an uphill battle, and there is no end in sight. It's very discouraging. That's not to say I'll quit, but at this point it's mostly trudging forward toward the end of each day. I have friends, and good ones, but friends can only do so much for you. Family, too. At some point, you want more. And that's what is missing, and now I've come full circle back to the beginning of the whole mess. I'll keep trying, though. And I greatly appreciate your encouragement. Smile
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 10:12 am
Cyphercat, I got your pm too. I wish I had access to send them myself, but I will eventually.
Thank you for the warm welcome. Much of what I wrote to shiver above can apply to your message, too, so please forgive me for not retyping it. Not to make this reply any less personal, though. I like it here a lot, and I do intend to stick around. I'm glad I didn't come off as bad as I thought I did, at least not to you.
I'm not sure when you'll be on, either, but I'm sure we'll catch up somewhere in here. I look forward to it. Smile
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 01:04 pm
No TSA, you didn't come off sounding bad. It sounds as though we hit a raw nerve with you, and its something you actually have to deal with personally.

How old are you, if you mind me asking?

Quote:
But it is such an uphill battle, and there is no end in sight. It's very discouraging. That's not to say I'll quit, but at this point it's mostly trudging forward toward the end of each day.

You never quit! Quitting isn't getting anywhere and it won't....and yes, there is an end in sight. You just have to find the positive attributes about yourself and apply them to all the other aspects of you....

I still say your wrong in feeling that way about yourself, I can say this...cause I have fought those demons myself. It took listening to someone else other than myself to understand that...maybe thats what you oughta do....

Is listen....
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 01:09 pm
28. Too young to feel like it is useless, and too old to be wallowing in it the way I do.
Saying "struck a nerve" is putting it mildly. If I have a sore spot, one that I constantly rub and can't seem to stop, this is certainly it.
Boy, I just realized after I typed that "rubbing" part how that must sound. Especially in this thread. :wink:
Like I said, I try. And I guess some day my turn will come, but for now, here I am.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 01:18 pm
Yep...28 is to young to feel that way. But I've seen'm feel that way younger than that before....

I wish there was more I could say to you to convince you not to feel that way... we all have those sore spots, some go away in time, others stay and never heal.

And yes, one day your turn will come....
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 01:31 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
I wish there was more I could say to you to convince you not to feel that way

That's okay. Every now and then, I drag this issue of the closet and flog myself over it. Sometimes it comes up in conversation, like here, and sometimes I do this to myself. I'll live.
And there are other people here with troubles worse or more important than mine. Let's see what we can do to help them out, shall we? Very Happy
And thank you for your kindness. It means a lot to me. It really does. Smile
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 03:44 pm
bm
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 03:49 pm
and this woman walked into a bar and asked for a double-entendre and the bar man gave her one.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 04:27 pm
Well, tinsword, stick around. I like you here. 28 is still pretty young.....
0 Replies