Ladies: How Often Do You Get Solicited for Sex, if Ever?

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 11:50 am
Now keep in mind, I just lost a lot of weight, also keep in mind that i am middle-aged but can pass for thirties. So a couple weeks ago, I was visiting a firiend who lives in the Tenderloin, (S an Francisco's Red Light District) I was dressed glam and a little "Gothic" with a mini-skirt, black tights and black boots. (I don't quite match up to the model in the avatar but I do have legs to die for)

So I am walking down Turk St and this little Mexican guy selling ukeleles approaches me, I gestured "no" with my hand but he continues to approach me. I am wondering what he wants...he gets up close to me and whispers in a thick Spanish accent "How much for sex?"

I screamed "Whaaaaaaaaaaat?" and ran. This is the only time this has happened to me, the only thing close was a time when I was in The Village in a similar district at a bus stop and a prostitute walked up to me and asked how business was going that night.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,228 • Replies: 32
No top replies

flushd

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 07:26 pm
I've been solicited for sex a few times and it creeped me the hell out.

Once, it was while I working night shifts in a cruddy part of town. Lots of coke and meth houses, prostitutes, low income housing. I was poor myself and sometimes had to use the bus (stupid on reflection: I should have somehow found money for a cab!). So, I'd leave in the morning and walk to the bus stop, in my jeans and big ol' sweater, and try my best to 'just keep walking strong' as they say. Problem was, the johns and creeps were cruising at all hours. They'd slow down their car near me and shout out the window, or circle the block over and over and tail me.
I learned to become friends with the taxi drivers who worked the area; and that helped. It was sort of odd, in that 'most' of the taxi drivers were ok guys who watched out for the 'girls' (prostitutes). A lot were plying favors on the side tho, no doubt about it.

There have been a few other instances where I've had to go get someone from a hole-in-ground bar; and men would try to offer me money and unlimited liquor/drugs for sex.

The only way to deal in bad places like that, i've found, it to always always have someone watching your back. Preferably a big burly man. lol. Creeps don't care what you look like: it's where you are and what they figure they can get away with without anyone seeing.

I'm not crazy enough to put myself in those situations anymore. I'm too old and disillusioned. lol.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 08:27 pm
For the hell of it yeah. For money, never. I must look easy. And cheap. :wink:
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 07:45 pm
Flushd, those kind of things, bars and cars, have happened a few times to most of us (attractive women) I would guess but what shocked me was having someone just walk up out of blue and aks me "How much for sex?"

As far as going anywhere in town goes, I have a demeanor that screams do not **** with her. So I am pretty fearless, certainly though I would avoid the TL or Hunter's Point after dark alone anyway.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 07:48 pm
How much can I get for fifteen dollars, Roxxxanne?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 08:08 pm
Solicted.."No", ..I'd have to charge by the pound..lol I've done gave enough away for a lifetime....LOL

Propositioned,..."Yes, quite frequently." I find it flattering, builds the ego, self-esteem, and give ya some wicked nasty thoughts if your not careful...lol
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 08:20 pm
You must've been dressed up real purty, Roxxxanne... <giggle>

I'd have to go with never...not for money, anyway. I don't think you could mistake me for a prostitute. But for free, yeah, that's happened. So it leaves one with the question: is it better to look like a hooker, or like a girl who might just give it away? Hmmm...a question for the ages...

Gasp!! I just noticed Gus has me in his sig line!! I HAVE ARRIVED!!! Shocked
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 08:22 pm
A woman in a slutty outfit says to a horny guy 'Just because I am dressed this way, does NOT! make me a whore,' which is true. Gentleman that is true, just because they dress a certain way does not mean they are a certain way, don't ever forget it. But ladies you must understand, that to a man, that is f*cking confusing. It just is.

That'd be like me, Dave Chappelle the comedian, walking around the streets in a cop uniform. Somebody might run up on me "aHHHH!! thank god, officer! Help us, they're over here, help us!". I'm gonna be like "Oh! Just because I am dressed this way, does not make me a police officer!" You understand what I'm saying? It's like alright ladies, fine, you are not a whore...but you are wearing a whore's uniform.

~Dave Chappelle
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 08:24 pm
excellent point kicky
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 08:48 pm
Laughing

That's all fine and dandy....exceptin' to some men a burka is a whore's uniform :wink:
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 08:54 pm
A look that says "don't fu*k with her,"? or a look that says "fu*k her?"

Roxanne, I go above Gus. Sixteen dollars here.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 08:56 pm
flushd wrote:
Laughing

That's all fine and dandy....exceptin' to some men a burka is a whore's uniform :wink:

...and to some women a whore's uniform is just another prerogative.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 08:57 pm
you mean

im supposed to be in UNIFORM? Shocked
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 09:02 pm
I lived in a cruddy part of town a few years ago and believe me, you can be wearing a bag over your head and a burlap sack dress and there will be men who are looking for some poontang.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 09:22 pm
Gala wrote:
I lived in a cruddy part of town a few years ago and believe me, you can be wearing a bag over your head and a burlap sack dress and there will be men who are looking for some poontang.

...and some women will wear the most outlandish, up-to-their-ass and down-to-the-nips garb, and still try to play it off like "what's he starin' at?"
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 09:24 pm
No, I have never been mistaken for a hooker. Not even a high-class one.

You're either dressing like one, or you're hanging out in the wrong places, Roxy.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 09:26 pm
Eva wrote:
No, I have never been mistaken for a hooker. Not even a high-class one.

You're either dressing like one, or you're hanging out in the wrong places, Roxy.

Thank You! Damn!!!! Thank You Eva!!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 09:36 pm
You are welcome, Mr. Snood.

:wink:
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:06 pm
Excuse me. Snood, you need a boot. Please steer clear of me, sir Smile You are getting on my nerves. I come here to relax, not have someone nipping my heels.

With all due respect, Eva is merely repeating the point I made with my initial post. Gala echoed it too.

No one wants to come out and call Rox a whore exceptin' gus and slap.....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:32 pm
0 Replies