Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:33 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
I don't know that.

You should know that already, CI.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:45 am
Roxxxanne, Did a quick search, and now understand what you mean by the following article - and last line.

The Party of Knaves and Worse

David Horowitz
Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2005

Senator Joe Lieberman is under attack from his own party for this statement: "It is time for Democrats who distrust President Bush to acknowledge that he will be commander in chief for three more critical years, and that in matters of war we undermine presidential credibility at our nation's peril."

Hats off to Joe Lieberman for having the courage, in a party without a moral compass for telling the truth, to tell the truth. Undermining the commander in chief's credibility on matters of war and peace is the work of the enemy and gets our troops killed and puts our citizens at risk.

Of course George Bush has been our commander in chief in this war for four years already, and the Democrats' assault on his credibility - and thus on the security of the nation - has been going on relentlessly, recklessly and without pause since June 2003 - or barely two months since the toppling of Saddam Hussein and the launching of the terrorist war to regain control of Iraq.

Here is a description of how this attack began, with full knowledge that in launching a campaign to destroy the credibility of George Bush the Democrats were attacking the most important asset of the commander in chief of American forces in the midst of a war. It is taken from my book "Unholy Alliance: Radical Islam and the American Left," which will be released in paperback next month.

"On July 10, the Democratic National Committee released a television ad which they titled, 'Read His Lips: President Bush Deceives the American People.' The subject of the ad - and of weeks of unrelenting Democratic attacks - was a sentence containing sixteen words from the president's State of the Union address of January 28. The words referred to an alleged attempt by the Iraqi government to purchase 'yellow cake' uranium in the African state of Niger: 'The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa.' The ad included a clip of the president uttering the second half of the statement, but omitting the fact that he was citing a British intelligence report. The DNC text continued, 'But now we find out that it wasn't true. Far worse, the administration knew it wasn't true. A year earlier, that claim was already proven to be false. The CIA knew it. The State Department knew it. The White House knew it. But he told us anyway.'

"In other words, the commander in chief was a liar, and his deceptions had taken America to a war that was needless and that cost America lives.

"Democrats were certainly aware of the seriousness of their attacks on the integrity of the president, not to mention the possible ramifications for national security. Presidential candidate John Edwards told a New York Times reporter, 'The most important attribute that any president has is his credibility - his credibility with the American people, with its allies and with the world. When the president's own statements are called into question, it's a very serious matter.' The fact that the accusations were being made over such a flimsy claim was thus particularly troubling. The British government continued to stand by its report, making the presidential statement literally true. Moreover, the ad's insinuations in regard to the CIA and the State Department were misleading since both had vetted and approved the president's speech. Neither of these considerations served to restrain the Democrats' attacks.

"A year later, when major damage to the commander in chief's credibility had already been done, a bi-partisan Senate committee investigating intelligence failures leading up to the war exonerated him: 'We conclude also that the Statement in President Bush's State of the Union Address of 28 January 2003 that "The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa" was well-founded.'"

In short, for two and half years the Democratic leadership, pandering to the anti-American left, has been attacking the credibility of the commander in chief of America's forces in the war on terror, and has done so - in the words of Senator Lieberman - "at our nation's peril." And yet there is no sign that they are about to stop.

In the face of this sabotage of the war on terror, the White House and th Republican Party have been almost speechless. Their strategy in fighting the war domestically appears to have been taken from Mohammed Ali's Rumble in the Jungle - "rope-a-dope," i.e., don't fight back and hope the other guy will grow so tired from beating on you that you will be able to drop him in the late rounds.

Until recently, that is. First Dick Cheney and now the Republican National Committee have begun to fight back. The RNC is running an ad showing Howard Dean waving the white flag (which he has in fact been waving since before we ever entered Iraq) and calling the Democrats the party of "retreat and defeat." Where have we heard that phrase before? Possibly right here.

Oddly, the rope-a-dope strategy may eventually work. If the Democrats keep running to the edge of the limb that the left has provided for them, they will find their way to a poetic defeat - at the polls. And that will enhance Americans' security rather than imperilling it.

Editor's note:
If you love George Bush - you'll love NewsMax's "Bush Collection" - Check it out - Click Here Now
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:58 am
Skip NewsMax:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12555181/site/newsweek/

Spin away, spinners.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:01 pm
So, lemme get this straight, whoodathought:

You think that being booked and paying bail isn't the same thing as being arrested? Rush may not have been led away in handcuffs, but he was arrested and then paid bail to get out of jail just like any other common criminal.

Don't be dense...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:04 pm
Cyclo, Most of the conservatives don't understand legal process. If he didn't post bail, he'd be sitting in jail. That's a arrest however one wishes to interpret it. If fingerprinting isn't part of an arrest, I don't know what it is.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:05 pm
GlaucomaEye: Why so shrill? Merely citing a legitimate news source ...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:14 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
If fingerprinting isn't part of an arrest, I don't know what it is.

Well, I'll get fingerprinted when I enter the USA on Thursday.

I know that many Americans think foreigners are criminals by birth :wink:
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:20 pm
I had already read, of course, the newsweek link.

You'll note that I didn't say a word about Newsweek or Newsmax. I am merely concerned with the idea that you don't believe that Rush was arrested; it seems to me that no matter how ya spin it, he was taken to jail, fingerprinted, paid bail, and left, just like any other criminal.

Do you deny this? That's the question; are you in denial of the reality of Rush's situation? Or just trying to rile the liberals up?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:29 pm
Walter, Don't fee so bad; when we were in Brasil, they checked us and our bags after a domestic flight from Igacu Falls to Rio, and twice in Rio after our arrival. Talk about overkill...
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:45 pm
Ok y'all, I think I'm gonna go down to the jail, turn myself in, let them fingerprint me and then pay bail just for the fun of it. Mind you, I haven't been charged and they aren't expecting me down there, but I just have this urge to do this. Kinda like what Rush did. Ya know, they were not looking for him or expecting him, but he just did it for the experience.

Sorry MM, but the bottom line is that Rush was arrested. Had he not shown up and turned himself in, a warrant would have been issued and he would have ended up in handcuffs. That said, what's the big deal here anyway? Another human being who made a mistake and became addicted to painkillers. Happens all the time. Heck, the Hollywood liberal elite check themselves in for addictions on a rather regular basis and it doesn't stop people from listening to them and pushing their views of the way things ought to be on everyone. But God help a conservative who falters, right?

Oh well, hypocrisy is live and well in America. Ok, y'all can now go back to making a big deal of this. But when the next liberal icon gets caught with his pants down or checks into rehab, don't downplay it or complain when MM or whoever makes a big deal of it. You've got it coming. (Sigh)
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:47 pm
Quote:
But God help a conservative who falters, right?

Only those who make a living out of demonizing others. Other drug addicts, especially.

But, like you said, hypocrisy is alive and well these days.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:49 pm
And we agree again Cy. How charming. Cool
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:56 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
But God help a conservative who falters, right?

Only those who make a living out of demonizing others. Other drug addicts, especially.

But, like you said, hypocrisy is alive and well these days.

Cycloptichorn

By the way Cy, I don't know because I don't listen to Rush, but you and others have claimed on several occasions that he demonizes drug addicts and such on his show. Any quotes around to back that up? Nowhere that I have seen has anyone making or hinting at such claims given any proof to show that, and being a curious clown, I was wondering if there is any of if it is just another example of saying anything at all to justify hatred of a person.

Looking forward to anyone who can give me some examples. (Or just point me to another thread if indeed this has been discussed before. If so, I may just have missed it) Thanks
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:58 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Then you know this quote from that article takes most of the wind out of your sails:

" LIMBAUGH ARRESTED was the immediate headline on the wires and on TV, but the word "arrest" was misleading. In fact, Limbaugh had pleaded not guilty, and his lawyer had worked out a deal that would cause the single charge to be dropped after 18 months as long as Limbaugh stayed out of trouble and continued to see a doctor who has helped him with an addiction to painkillers."
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 01:01 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Do you deny this? That's the question; are you in denial of the reality of Rush's situation? Or just trying to rile the liberals up?

Well, now that you mention it, it is fun to throw rocks at the junkyard dog every now and then.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 01:03 pm
WhoodaThunk wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Then you know this quote from that article takes most of the wind out of your sails:

" LIMBAUGH ARRESTED was the immediate headline on the wires and on TV, but the word "arrest" was misleading. In fact, Limbaugh had pleaded not guilty, and his lawyer had worked out a deal that would cause the single charge to be dropped after 18 months as long as Limbaugh stayed out of trouble and continued to see a doctor who has helped him with an addiction to painkillers."

This doesn't take the wind out of my sails in the slightest. Newsweek was merely pointing out that Limbaugh wasn't taken to jail in handcuffs, but rather came in on his own.

As CR pointed out above, if Limbaugh hadn't come in, he would have been dragged in later just like everyone else. The fact that he turned himself in voluntarily has nothing to do with the fact that he was in fact charged with a crime, fingerprinted, went to jail, and paid bail to get out. Newsweek merely nitpicks with the word 'arrested.'

I'm pretty sure you're being purposefully stupid to rile the liberals up, but it's hard to tell if that's your intention or not. Is it?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 01:05 pm
CR,

Quote:
Limbaugh on Drugs

People like Limbaugh should go to jail, says Limbaugh

There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods, which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.

...We are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country.... This country certainly appears to be tolerant, forgive and forget. I mean, you know as well as I do, you go out and commit the worst murder in the world and you just say you're sorry, people go, "Oh, OK. A little contrition."... People say, "I feel better. He said he's sorry for it." We're becoming too tolerant, folks.

--Rush Limbaugh TV show (10/5/95)

These tough sentencing laws were instituted for a reason. The American people, including liberals, demanded them. Don't you remember the crack cocaine epidemic? Crack babies and out-of-control murder rates? Liberal judges giving the bad guys slaps on the wrist? Finally we got tough, and the crime rate has been falling ever since, so what's wrong?

--RushLimbaugh.com (8/18/03)

In the audio link below, I go into detail about these non-thinking talking points that "you can't tell people what to do with their bodies" and "you can't legislate morality." First of all, we tell people what they can do to their bodies all the time--no cocaine, no prostitution, no throwing yourself off a building. Second, laws are nothing but defining morality!

--RushLimbaugh.com (6/27/03)

All right. Joe Fernandez came to New York from Miami, ladies and gentlemen, to be schools chancellor.... Now he is embattled--he's got a book that just came out, an autobiography that's soon to come out, I think, in which he admits that he was a mainliner as a teen-ager. This guy [pretends to stick needle in arm]--pfsst--shot up heroin. And people are praising him. He overcame the scourge. He triumphed over that profound obstacle in his life and has gone on to become this great schools chancellor.... [Plays a clip of Fernandez saying that the message of his teenage drug use is "to not give up on our kids."]

Reach out and try to help them, not give up on the kids, give them condoms and teach them about a bunch of stuff that is worthless in terms of preparing them for their future as adults in the greatest country on Earth, teaching them all this social gobbledygook. "Let's not forget about the kids."...

Whoa. The guy wants to be education secretary, folks. Watch out. Now why does he want to go to Washington? Probably because he's studied the case of Marion Barry. Here's a guy who got involved in drugs. You want to see my Marion Barry impersonation? Do you want to see that? All right. I'll do the Marion Barry impersonation.

You put some stuff out here on the table and you go [pretends to snort cocaine]. "You tell Jesse to stay out of my town. This is my town, and Jesse--you tell him to stay out. [More snorting.] And I said no, no, no, no, I don't smoke it no more. Tired of ending up on the floor." [More snorting.]

So what is he? He gets involved in drugs and ends up, ladies and gentlemen, as a newly elected official in Washington, D.C.... So I'm sure Joe Fernandez is looking down there saying, "Hey, there's a future for, you know, drug users in Washington, D.C."

--Rush Limbaugh TV show (12/8/92)

When you strip it all away, Jerry Garcia destroyed his life on drugs. And yet he's being honored, like some godlike figure. Our priorities are out of whack, folks.

--Rush Limbaugh radio show (quoted in the L.A. Times, 8/20/95)

I want to let you read along with me a quote from Jerry Colangelo about substance abuse, and I think you'll find that he's very much rightÂ…"I know every expert in the world will disagree with me, but I don't buy into the disease part of it. The first time you reach for a substance you are making a choice. Every time you go back, you are making a personal choice. I feel very strongly about that."...

What he's saying is that if there's a line of cocaine here, I have to make the choice to go down and sniff itÂ….And his point is that we are rationalizing all this irresponsibility and all the choices people are making and we're blaming not them, but society for it. All these Hollywood celebrities say the reason they're weird and bizarre is because they were abused by their parents. So we're going to pay for that kind of rehab, too, and we shouldn't. It's not our responsibility. It's up to the people who are doing it. And Colangelo is right.

--Rush Limbaugh TV show (9/23/93)

I have a solution for Mrs. [Jocelyn] Elders. I mean, if she wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich and let's be rid of them. Now...The problem with legalizing drugs is, it's just another abhorrent example of human behavior that we've suddenly decided, "Hey, we can't handle it. We've given up and we're going to sanction the destruction of lives. We're going to let you destroy your life. We're going to make it easy, and then all of us who accept the responsibilities of life and don't destroy our lives on drugs--we'll pay for whatever messes you get into."...

I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say, "Hey, you know, we can't control it anymore. People are going to do drugs anyway. Let's legalize it." It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea, and those who are for it are purely, 100 percent selfish.

--Rush Limbaugh TV show (12/9/93)

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1159

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 01:05 pm
Misleading. Okay.

He do you call when an innocent was .... - well, not arrested - and released when his/her innocence was proven?

Why does Merriam-Webster still say that to arrest means
Quote:
to take or keep in custody by authority of law

?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 01:08 pm
Note, WH, that Limbaugh's innocence has not been proven in any court; in fact, he cut a deal with the prosecutor. This implies a certain amount of guilt on his part.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 01:13 pm
CHorn: Forgive me for not returning your schoolyard invective, as I understand how you and your ilk are devastated to have your pound of Limbaugh flesh ripped from your grasp just as you were preparing to barbecue it on the national front porch.

Kinda pathetic actually.

I can only imagine the bounty you folks must have on a chunk of Ann Coulter.
0 Replies