Limbaugh arrested

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 06:55 pm
I am not backpedaling at all. The author of the website is the liar, not Franken. Of course, I don't expect you to understand that.

Really, even responding to you is a waste of time. But it is slow here and I have nothing else to do at the moment.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 06:58 pm
Roxxxanne, Come join us here to have some 'real' fun.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73647&start=60
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 07:00 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
I am not backpedaling at all. The author of the website is the liar, not Franken. Of course, I don't expect you to understand that.

Really, even responding to you is a waste of time. But it is slow here and I have nothing else to do at the moment.

You call the author of the website a liar,yet you have not read his site,seen what he is writing about,and have no idea what he is talking about.
You are an ignorant p@#a,arent you?

As for this...
Quote:
BTW this moron who authors the frankenlies websites refers to obvious jokes as lies. Franken is a comedian, a lot of what he says are JOKES! Like he refers to his game show "Wait, wait, don't lie to me" as having won a Peabody award. Only a real moron would not know he is kidding about that. Of course, BOR claimed he won a Peabody but was 100% serious. And that is the joke. But how do you explain this to ill-informed morons who think Fox News and Newsmax are really fair and balanced.

So,you are saying that if its a joke,then its ok to lie?
Then by your own words,you cannot call Rush a liar.
Much of what he says is said in jest,so it cannot be a lie,according to you.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 07:01 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Thanks! That does look like real fun. I was so bored with MM that I actually found something that needs to be done. But I will join you later over there!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 07:07 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Thanks! That does look like real fun. I was so bored with MM that I actually found something that needs to be done. But I will join you later over there!

Go ahead,run away.
BUT,I will keep confronting you on EVERY thread on A2K,just because you cannot even defend your position and because you are such a racist p@#a.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 07:15 pm
This is now officially a train wreck complete with bloody bodies and soon to be locked down.

No ARRESTs on the thread though - Unlike Limbaugh who WAS arrested.

In spite of Newsmax and others denying the reality.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 07:51 pm
MM,

You still continue to run from the question of how Limbaugh showed up because of a warrant, was booked, photographed, fingerprinted, released on bail yet somehow was NEVER arrested.

What was the warrant he responded to?
Why was he booked if he wasn't arrested. Cite another instance of someone being booked without an arrest. (Ken Lay showed up to answer a warrant and was booked, is now on trial. Are you telling us Lay wasn't arrested? Same with Martha Stewart.)

Florida law on bail
Quote:
2) If the person arrested has a right to bail, the officer making the arrest shall inform the person of his or her right to bail and, on request, shall take the person before a trial court judge or other official having authority to admit to bail in the county in which the arrest is made. The official shall admit the person to bail for his or her appearance before the trial court judge designated in the warrant.

Florida law on arrest warrants
Quote:
(1) A warrant may be issued for the arrest of the person complained against if the trial court judge, from the examination of the complainant and other witnesses, reasonably believes that the person complained against has committed an offense within the trial court judge's jurisdiction. A warrant is issued at the time it is signed by the trial court judge.

Florida does allow for a summons to appear in court for misdemeanors.
Limbaugh was charged with a felony. Limbaugh turned himself into the jail, not the courthouse. The court issued a warrant, not a summons for Limbaugh. The warrant was an arrest warrant per Florida statute. Limbaugh was arrested, booked, then given the opportunity for bail just like the Florida statute states.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 08:14 pm
parados wrote:
MM,

You still continue to run from the question of how Limbaugh showed up because of a warrant, was booked, photographed, fingerprinted, released on bail yet somehow was NEVER arrested.

What was the warrant he responded to?
Why was he booked if he wasn't arrested. Cite another instance of someone being booked without an arrest. (Ken Lay showed up to answer a warrant and was booked, is now on trial. Are you telling us Lay wasn't arrested? Same with Martha Stewart.)

Florida law on bail
Quote:
2) If the person arrested has a right to bail, the officer making the arrest shall inform the person of his or her right to bail and, on request, shall take the person before a trial court judge or other official having authority to admit to bail in the county in which the arrest is made. The official shall admit the person to bail for his or her appearance before the trial court judge designated in the warrant.

Florida law on arrest warrants
Quote:
(1) A warrant may be issued for the arrest of the person complained against if the trial court judge, from the examination of the complainant and other witnesses, reasonably believes that the person complained against has committed an offense within the trial court judge's jurisdiction. A warrant is issued at the time it is signed by the trial court judge.

Florida does allow for a summons to appear in court for misdemeanors.
Limbaugh was charged with a felony. Limbaugh turned himself into the jail, not the courthouse. The court issued a warrant, not a summons for Limbaugh. The warrant was an arrest warrant per Florida statute. Limbaugh was arrested, booked, then given the opportunity for bail just like the Florida statute states.

If you say he was arrested,then I must bow to your superior knowledge.
The 3 sources I linked to,AND Newsweek magazine,all say he was NOT arrested.
But,if it makes you feel better to say he was arrested,then feel free to do so.

But,read my original 3 links and tell me where any of them say he was arrested.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 08:25 pm
mysteryman wrote:
The 3 sources I linked to [..] all say he was NOT arrested.

Ehm, they do no such thing.

Even as they described the process that goes with someone being arrested, it's true that they didnt actually use the word "arrest" - unlike other news stories about the same event.

But they did not say he was NOT arrested, either.

Thats pretty elementary stuff, no?

Eg, in this post so far I have not used the word "mistake" to describe what you just said. But that doesn't mean that I've been saying you did NOT make a mistake.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 08:31 pm
Quote:
it's true that they didnt actually use the word "arrest

Thank you,you just confirmed what I have been saying.
REad my original post,and you will see that I challenged the use of words,nothing more.

This is part of my original post...

Arrested?????

There is nothing in this story that says he was arrested...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-04-28-limbaugh_x.htm

Neither does this article...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/28/linbaugh.arrest.ap/index.html

Neither does this one...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,193657,00.html

And I will repeat again,where in those 3 links was the word "arrested" used?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 08:46 pm
There is a LOT that says he was arrested. The entire process says he was arrested.

That is like saying the following sentence doesn't say the kids went swimming.

The kids went down to the watering hole, stripped off all their clothes and dived in, splashing water as they did an Australian crawl from one end to the other.

It doesn't use the word "swimming" but any only a fool would claim they didn't go swimming based on the sentence.

Limbaugh went to the jail in answer to a warrant, turned himself in, was booked, photographed, fingerprinted and then posted bail.

It doesn't use the word "arrested" but only a fool would say the process described doesn't say arrested.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it MM?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 08:52 pm
mysteryman wrote:

Nowhere, but what was described in these 3 articles is the process that goes with arrests - plus, there were plenty of other news stories just a Google click away that did use the word.

So why the hissyfit when posters here used the word as well?

And - question #2 - now that those other articles have been brought as well, what is your point? You still dont believe he was arrested? Even though he went through all the steps of being arrested and a bunch of news articles brought here explicitly said he was?
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:10 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Go ahead,run away.
BUT,I will keep confronting you on EVERY thread on A2K,just because you cannot even defend your position and because you are such a racist p@#a.

LOL, congratulations, MM! You won!

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4365/assclownaward2ko.jpg
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:21 pm
Man oh man, between Brandy and Misery Girl, there is never a dull moment here lately.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0780618556.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:22 pm
of course, we can add McG to the mix:

http://www.movie-poster.ws/movies/wallpaper/comedy/three_stooges/stooges_orbit.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 11:10 pm
This is getting to be hilarious.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 02:59 am
Um-hmm. If you're in 7th grade.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 03:21 am
WhoodaThunk wrote:
Um-hmm. If you're in 7th grade.

Well, I graduated from that many years ago and went on to study for many, many more years.

Of course, you and your ilk consider that evidence of moral turpitude and general badness.

I wonder why that is?

Speaking of psychiatry, I have numerous theories about that.

Did you have anything of substance to add, or will you continue with your standard meaningless negativity and illogical diversions?

I await any signs of intelligence and meaningful commentary, and will respond if such should emerge.

I shall not hold my breath.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 04:59 am
Ignoring the childish-pictures stuff like I hope he will, I'll be waiting for Mysteryman to answer this one instead..

nimh wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Nowhere, but what was described in these 3 articles is the process that goes with arrests - plus, there were plenty of other news stories just a Google click away that did use the word.

And - question #2 - now that those other articles have been brought as well, what is your point? You still dont believe he was arrested? Even though he went through all the steps of being arrested and a bunch of news articles brought here explicitly said he was?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 05:11 am
nimh wrote:
Ignoring the childish-pictures stuff like I hope he will, I'll be waiting for Mysteryman to answer this one instead..

nimh wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

The childish pictures posted dont bother me,I consider them to be representative of the mindset of the people posting them.

My point was that the first 3 links that I posted did not use the word "arrested",nothing more.
0 Replies