littlek

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 09:39 pm
So, the espresso martinis are made with espresso? I used to mix drinks with espresso. The bar I worked at was right next door to the coffee shop I worked at.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 15 May, 2003 11:15 pm
marycat<

Mellow Yellow Cherry is a new concoction, so it may not have arrived yet in your local supermarket.

I have one everyday which I retrieve from a regular vending machine.

This drink doesn't have the over-tartness of regular Mellow Yellow. It is definitely a "mellow" drink, tasting more like punch than a soft drink . . . and it's loaded with caffeine. Exclamation

I'd like to know how you like it if you do try it.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 16 May, 2003 08:31 am
I had a pretty shweet coffee/espresso type martini at Ciao Bella, it was damn good. It was my kickoff to my marathon drinking during marathon monday.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 12:07 am
Ooooooooh I miss espresso. I'll also have to live vicariously through you with the pina colada drink, because I can't have coconut either. Sucks to be me, sometimes...

williamhenry, do you perhaps live in a test market area? That Mellow Yellow Cherry may only exist in certain specific locales, where the company gauges how receptive people are to the new product. Is it distributed through Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper/7-Up, or an independent beverage company? I'm all interested now. Even though I'm willing to bet it'll be too sweet for me when I do finally get to try it.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 06:25 am
By how much does the blood pressure increase, after 1-2 cups of coffee?
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 09:56 am
NH, I think that depends on the person. Some may be strongly affected, others not at all. I think it's a small difference for most people, maybe a couple of points, but if it affects your systolic 20 points or more that is dangerous.

Perhaps you should conduct an experiment, getting your bp taken before any coffee, and then again a half hour after a significant amount of coffee. Do you have access to a sphygmomonometer?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 10:37 am
NH - my doctor told me a while back that coffee doesn't up the BP nearly as bad as smoking does.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 11:35 am
Cracking a red bull now...
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 04:20 pm
marycat<

Mellow Yellow Cherry is distributed here through Pepsi.

It may be that this location, which is a 2.5 hour drive from Atlanta, is a test market. I know for a fact that any new beverage made by Coca-
Cola is tested here. We were among the first, for example, to test the
recent rollout of the nauseous Vanilla Coke.

The Mellow Yellow Cherry is at once sweet and sour. It is at its best served ice cold to enhance these flavors. I can't, of course, judge your taste, but I think this drink is not too sweet for most adults. In fact,
after thinking about it, I don't believe children would have much use for Mellow Yellow Cherry as it is not syrupy sweet.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 04:57 pm
CORRECTION

marycat<

I have just retrieved a bottle of Mellow Yellow Cherry from the refrigerator . . . and right there on the label is printed "a product of The Coca-Cola Company."

Also the beverage is correctly spelled "Mello Yello Cherry."

I just wanted to set the record straight about this new drink.

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 06:40 pm
If you have hypertension, you're supposed to avoid caeffine. But if you're addicted, what can you do?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 06:40 pm
I love diet sprite.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 08:24 pm
Ahem.....The Chef at my restaurant supposedly has heart problems.....(don't care if he sees this post ~ that's how upset I am with him right now) When I got to work tonight he was pouring himself some Sprite ~ which is caffiene free. Told me his doctor demanded he quit caffiene completely. I was actually proud of him for making an effort.

Not two hours later, I caught him drinking something called 'Monster' ~ the milligrams of each ingredient were in the thousands.....And he drank two of these things.

I told him to enjoy the rest of his life.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 10:06 pm
Drinking Sprite and/or Diet Sprite seem to have a calming effect should you suffer an upset stomach.

This is free advice from Dr. wh3. :wink:
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 03:04 pm
Dr. wh3 ;-)

I look forward to finding Mello Yello Cherry in Austin then!

As for me, I am steadily increasing my caffeine intake after starting my second (and now primary) job. Also increasing the energy I put into ensuring a satisfying nap.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Tue 20 May, 2003 09:52 pm
Caffeine is certainly a popular topic, and now there is an entire book about it!

The book is entitled The Caffeine Advantage by Bennett Alan Weinberg and Bonnie K. Bealer. It is being offered at www.qpb.com. Here is some promotional reading about this edgy book:

Quote:
We all know that caffeine keeps us awake and alert, but in these pages the award-winning authors of The World of Caffeine have brewed up a narcotic self-help guide with no Equal. Did you know that caffeine improves your IQ, memory, mood, athletic ability, and contains powerful antioxidant properties? Weinberg and Bealer tell us all the secrets and little-known benefits of caffeine, explain how to use it healthfully, and debunk a potful of persistent myths and misconceptions. 272 pages.

If you aren't a member of www.qpb.com, perhaps www.amazon.com will have this book. Or (we always forget), there's always the local library!
0 Replies