bobsmyth

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 11:30 pm
CAFFEINE!
Coffee was made for me. that first cup on the porch looking at the ocean everything still and quiet is certainly one the best times for me. I find it's more enjoyable for me and doesn't back up on me is when I make it with a little cinnamon sprinkled on grounds before brewing really smooths it out.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 02:34 am
At work, I am always seen with a cup of coffee in my hand - I sort of drink it constantly, though I am making an effort to cut down. I even have ti with my breakfast and after dinner.

I am an addict HELP !!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 06:21 am
farmerman- Interesting what you said about chocolate. I find that if I eat more than a little of it, I start to get that same kind of headache that I get with coffee. In the case of chocolate, I'll just live with the headache, thank you! :wink:
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 07:14 am
I drink coffee, but I am not an addict. When I have no access to coffee, I do not suffer deprivation syndrome that I experience while being out of cigarettes.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 07:17 am
Zing/zang...off I go with my coffee!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 09:22 am
I've never had a cup of coffee...except a few iced coffees. It's bad for you...only caffeine I get is an occasional coke or red bull. At least when I do get some caffeine, it works.

Like, when I need it. Lifting cars off of crushed accident victims, or beating up disfigured people to impress junior high school girls.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:29 pm
husker, I never drank from a bottle either! I patently refused it my entire babyhood. I hate the smell of latex.

Misti, you're right. Tea does help with just about all life's problems.
:-)

Rae, that's amazing! When I was young, I had an extremely high tolerance for caffeine and could sleep hard almost no matter how much caffeine I'd had, but I was never that immune!

Gen, it's amazing what some people's bodies will just accept and work right on through. I have a good friend whose grandmother has smoked for nearly 80 years. She's generally a very healthy woman for her age, but she smokes constantly. She had a heart attack a few years ago, and her doctor said it was most certainly related to her smoking. (Not to mention her age.) He advised her to cut down or quit. She decided to ignore her doctor's advice, and has instead reduced the fat in her diet. No matter what the cause really was, she's still plugging along, feisty as ever, chain-smoking too, in her 90's.

She also makes the best gefilte fish and fresh prepared horseradish I have ever had in my whole life, but that is indeed for another thread.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:33 pm
William Henry, teehee!

Slappy, those are some practical reasons to get in your caffeine quota!

bobsmyth, yum!

Gautam, I used to drink that much coffee. I miss it. *sigh*

Phoenix, some things are worth suffering for!
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:38 pm
Rae, ooooooooh coffee with chocolate! Double whammy! Yummmmm! I shall now officially live vicariously through you!

New Haven, when I first went off coffee I had a similar reaction. Now, I'm trying to minimize my caffeine consumption. I find that slowly weaning myself off of it is a lot easier on my system than cold turkey!

Steissd, I had an opposite experience when I quit smoking. My body did not develop nearly as strong a physical addiction to nicotine as it did to caffeine. I think I am the rare exception though, since most people find nicotine to be one of the most addictive substances out there.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:39 pm
farmerman, no fun! I've heard of that. Best to just be careful and avoid the stuff.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 11:41 pm
Wow! Marycat is now living vicariously through me.....Put yer seat-belt on girl! Whooooooppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 09:58 am
Teehee! You mean it gets even more exciting than chocolate coffee?!?
;-)

I have officially declared myself to be over whatever was wrong with my tummy, and am back up to one mug of hot tea a day. I may soon permit a glass of sweet tea in the afternoon. But I think I will try to limit my caffeine intake from now on. I don't need to be dependent on caffeine.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 10:10 am
I'm making a big, fresh pot of coffee, right now. Anyone want some Question
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:47 am
Just made my second 18 ounce cup of hot tea ~ yummy yummy yummy!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 01:51 pm
I've had 8+ cups of coffee today. Zippity-Do Da! Razz
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 02:47 pm
I'm crazy.

I had mad water today.

NUTS!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 02:52 pm
Mad or mud?
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 07:32 pm
Water is good for you, Slappy. Really. Even better than vodka with Red Bull. Or Red Bull with a shot of Jaeger, which (while kinda trashy) is really good. Tastes like Smarties, with a kick.

Have you tried the caffeinated water yet? It's fun. Slightly bitter, but not bad.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:44 pm
Water is a phenom. Underestimated my many.

Red Bull and vodka is almost better. Haven't had the bull with jaeger though...I'm not a fan of the jag' anymore. Bad past times. I do dig bull with vodka, however. Just dont' order it at bars, because they screw you...$7-10 a pop.

I've had the caffeineted aqua before...nothing special. Don't think they sold much of it.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 03:24 am
it's time for 2 cups right now!
0 Replies