Immigration and Racism in Britain and USA

djjd62

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 05:53 am
wow herberts you certainly seemed to have found your topic

you seem to be a strong supporter of immigration (moved to australia) and racism (drug dealing blacks and ghetto mentality muslims)
0 Replies

herberts

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:00 am
Thanks DJ - no applause - just throw loose coins into the brass bowl while I tune up my violin... http://forums.cqservices.com/images/smilies/eusa_boohoo.gif

http://www.liquidninjas.com/bbs/images/smilies/klan/cool.gif
0 Replies

herberts

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:02 am
How am I doing, McTag? (This is all your fault. Happy now... ?) http://www.xtrememass.com/forum//images/smilies/biggrin.gif
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:06 am
herberts wrote:
kitchenpete - your very question itself is very revealing of just how far and how successfully the propagandists have over the years, very gradually, managed to dissociate you from any such idea that you should feel a protective and defensive patriotic loyalty for your own British cultural identity in your own homeland.

I was clear that what makes me feel "at home" is the mix of culutures which Britain (in particular the London I know and love) has to offer.

I am well aware that in the 1950s and thereafter, may members of the Commonwealth were invited to come to Britain to fill a gap in our labour force. I think this is one of the key sucesses of the re-development of Britain impoverished after WWII.

I am proud of our acceptance of the diversity of people this world has to offer, I am delighted to eat in a Lebanese restaurant or go to a hip-hop club when I'm there. I miss these things when I'm not there.

herberts wrote:
Ask anyone of the pre-1960's era and you will find that a great many still adhere to the notion of Britain being a sovereign territory whose immigration policy should restrict itself to only those people of a racial and cultural background which are compatible and will resemble the indigenous Britisher within the space of only a generation or two.

Thank you for providing me with a direct answer. I see that you grew up in a different age and have faced different influences in coming to your views. You have every right to hold your views, no matter how much I may disagree with them.

If this is not adequate demonstration that I am no "wimp" then we differ in our definitions.

All that I can say is that I would be happy if your views died out with your generation and the younger generations in the world view them as anachronistic and inappropriate to a world whose population is increasingly globalised and therefore able to communicate between original cultures in an appreciative and understanding manner - rather than with bitterness and resentment.

KP
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:10 am
herberts wrote:
I am an Englishman living in Australia - and that's why I correctly use the term 'Englander' to identify the UK-dwelling Englishman as distinct from the ex-patriate.

Ex-Patriate is a good term. I hope you stay that way, herby old boy.

It will enable one more person to come here who actually thinks that England is the place where they want to live, as opposed to ranting about how awful it is from a distant shore.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:11 am
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:12 am
herberts wrote:
How am I doing, McTag? (This is all your fault. Happy now... ?) http://www.xtrememass.com/forum//images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Just read this...busy now....will come back later.

I think it's a serious subject, and can be discussed in a serious manner, with unnecessary grandstanding.

You, "Englishman" in Australia, I presume you are not unhappy about the fact that indigenous populations were cleared and disposessed so you could live in comfort and indulge yourself on the Web. Spot the double standards.
It's a difficult subject, and no "race" is without fault...except maybe the Tibetans as far as I know.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:17 am
McTag wrote:
It's a difficult subject, and no "race" is without fault...except maybe the Tibetans as far as I know.

Well, I found out that Tibet was an Empire between the 7th and 10th Century, so they must have done some conquering...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 07:34 am
Herberts knows my views. I'm not a racist, but I strongly object to politicised Muslims of whatever colour or nationality who seek to advance Islam, not as a part of a multi-racial and multi-cultural Britain but in competition with it. They seek ultimate victory for Islam over a society they see as degenerate and corrupt. The difficulty is that the real racists, and I think we have a member here who would not object to that term, are making capital out of people's fear and general detestation of the Islamists.

Anyhoo...as an aside I was walking through the shopping area yesterday, not in a particularly good mood when I saw a young white man leaning against a shop window smoking a cigarette. He then casually tossed it in my direction and proceed (as it seems is the fashion these days) to gob on the pavement in front of the open shop door. I said "OI thats disgusting dont do it" or words to that effect, expecting a stream of abuse or worse...He shouted something back in Polish or some other E European language. Just thought I'd share.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 07:37 am
Advertisement:

Any comments here would be appreciated

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73570&highlight=
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 07:46 am
herberts, since you advocate nationalism so ardently, I'd like to ask you to provide us with a short historic timeline in regards to major events on 'british' soil. And if you could then give a defintion of what being an authentic british(wo)man actually constitutes?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 07:57 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
The difficulty is that the real racists, and I think we have a member here who would not object to that term, are making capital out of people's fear and general detestation of the Islamists.

When are they not doing that? It's all they do.

Quote:
Anyhoo...as an aside I was walking through the shopping area yesterday, not in a particularly good mood when I saw a young white man leaning against a shop window smoking a cigarette. He then casually tossed it in my direction and proceed (as it seems is the fashion these days) to gob on the pavement in front of the open shop door. I said "OI thats disgusting dont do it" or words to that effect, expecting a stream of abuse or worse...He shouted something back in Polish or some other E European language. Just thought I'd share.

It's not juse Poles, though. Chavs do it too, you know. It's just a shame you couldn't really tell him off for his disgusting behaviour.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 08:22 am
OK, what's a Chav?
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 08:27 am
Set

I'm not surprised you don't know - it's something akin to "redneck", I suppose

Here's a wonderful site with some images for you: http://chavscum.co.uk
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 08:37 am
Very interesting topic, I'll be following along with interest.

Oh and...

Defining a Chav
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:00 am
The same thing has happened in the U.S. If you are patriotic the left will call you a racist. I've given up and simply don't care any more.

All illegals should be deported YESTERDAY.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:08 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
The difficulty is that the real racists, and I think we have a member here who would not object to that term, are making capital out of people's fear and general detestation of the Islamists.

When are they not doing that? It's all they do.

but they find it a lot easier now thanks to the antics of muslim extremists

Quote:

It's not juse Poles, though. Chavs do it too, you know. It's just a shame you couldn't really tell him off for his disgusting behaviour.

i thought he was jsut a chav, I probably wouldnt have said anything if I knew he wasnt native born English (would have thought the same though)
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:14 am
cjhsa wrote:
The same thing has happened in the U.S. If you are patriotic the left will call you a racist. I've given up and simply don't care any more.

Actually, that was because of the derogatory statements you made against Mexicans.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:16 am
cjhsa wrote:

All illegals should be deported YESTERDAY.

Ah, but if you're racist, what do they call you then?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:19 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

Actually, that was because of the derogatory statements you made against Mexicans.

Really? Like what? My 100-yard border dash comment? Smacks of truth.
0 Replies