Engineer’s recipe for chocolate-chip cookies:

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 12:44 am
I got this by email. Obviously, it has been passed from friends to friends a couple of times:

RECIPE
Chocolate-chip Cookies

1.) 532.35 cm³ gluten
2.) 4.9 cm³ NaHCO3
3.) 4.9 cm³ refined halite
4.) 236.6 cm³ partially hydrogenated tallow triglyceride
5.) 177.45 cm³ crystalline C12H22O11
6.) 177.45 cm³ unrefined C12H22O11
7.) 4.9 cm³ methyl ether of protocatechuic aldehyde
8.) Two calcium carbonate-encapsulated avian albumen-coated protein
9.) 473.2 cm³ theobroma cacao
10.) 236.6 cm³ de-encapsulated legume meats (sieve size #10)

Directions:

To a 2-L jacketed round reactor vessel (reactor #1) with an overall heat transfer coefficient of about 100 Btu/F-ft2-hr, add ingredients one, two and three with constant agitation. In a second 2-L reactor vessel with a radial flow impeller operating at 100 rpm, add ingredients four, five, six, and seven until the mixture is homogenous. To reactor #2, add ingredient eight, followed by three equal volumes of the homogenous mixture in reactor #1. Additionally, add ingredient nine and ten slowly, with constant agitation. Care must be taken at this point in the reaction to control any temperature rise that may be the result of an exothermic reaction.

Using a screw extruder attached to a #4 nodulizer, place the mixture piece-meal on a 316SS sheet (300 x 600 mm). Heat in a 460K oven for a period of time that is in agreement with Frank & Johnston's first order rate expression (see JACOS, 21, 55), or until golden brown. Once the reaction is complete, place the sheet on a 25C heat-transfer table, allowing the product to come to thermal equilibrium.

-------------------------

Do you think, all your recipes are such clearly written?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,512 • Replies: 5
No top replies

the prince

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 03:43 am
Wait till I get my technical manuals out. Then maybe I can respond !!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 10:54 am
I've sent this topic to my father, who can hopefully translate.
0 Replies

Gen

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 11:17 am
Thats awsome. Most of my family is in to engineering, so it made sense to me. I hadn't ever seen that one before. Its a good one! Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 04:33 pm
I would never use it...anything that specific will only end up lacking passion...lol, although I agree on the theobroma cocao...

I suppose this is why engineers should hire me to do their cooking for them....I don't use recipes, and that is something they truly cannot explain or understand Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Gen

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 04:55 pm
I'm by no means a professional Chef like yourself Cav, but I dont use recipe's either. http://www.industreal.spb.ru/smiles/mage.gif

I like the variance that comes out in the dishes that way. It keeps it from being boreing and the same thing twice http://www.industreal.spb.ru/smiles/stupid.gif

Though hubby on the other hand.. likes to say I'm just experimenting. Oh well, so much for thoes of the uncreative! http://www.industreal.spb.ru/smiles/painter.gif
0 Replies