Cheney Sleeps During Chinese President Hu's Press Conference

parados

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 11:18 am
You have to be sympathetic with ole Dick. He hasn't been sleeping well at night what with the worrying about whether Fitzgerald will ask him about the answers he gave to the investigators. So much to worry about there. Much more important than a meeting with the leader of our biggest creditor nation.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 01:02 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
I thought everyone fell asleep at an inappropriate time at least occasionally. Well, it's certainly true that most people do occasionally. It's not a very unusual thing, and his job is probably pretty hectic. There are not a lot of known cases of him doing this, and I don't think it's unusual, or possible to indict his job performance based on this.

You must work in a very unusual place, Brandon.

Round here, you'd be fired if you fell asleep - or at least be put on notice by your employer.

Most people DON'T fall asleep on the job, occasionally or at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~

$20.00, Western Union.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Gotta wonder why you're even trying to defend the position that sleeping at work is normal.

Most people have 8 hour shifts, or something close to it. Most peoples' jobs don't involve constantly flying all over the world. And even so, most people have had to fight falling asleep in some meeting at some time.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 01:10 pm
It is clear when I look at the photo that V.P. Cheney is looking into a folder or book of some sort and his head is tilted forward. It is these two things when combined, which give the illusion that he may be sleeping. Truth of the matter is that holograms do not sleep.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 01:12 pm
"if he can't stand the heat..." It's his job to run around the country and still stay awake in meetings between leaders of nations.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 01:17 pm
It's already been established that A)he was awake and B) the entire premise of the post as originally placed in front of us by Roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxannnnnnnnne was meant only to stir up trouble.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 01:20 pm
established by who?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 01:23 pm
The eyes are closed. Blinking at time of picture? perhaps. Sleeping? the body posture suggests a strong possibility.

If it wasn't for the closeup of the switch, we wouldn't be able to tell.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 04:15 pm
Sturgis wrote:
It is clear when I look at the photo that V.P. Cheney is looking into a folder or book of some sort and his head is tilted forward. It is these two things when combined, which give the illusion that he may be sleeping. Truth of the matter is that holograms do not sleep.

Rust neither.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 04:34 pm
He also falls asleep, likely liquored up, when firing a gun.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 04:43 pm
I have heard, and this might not be true, that Cheney, before he shot that poor old bastard in the face with a shotgun, had been on a killing rampage and that there are at least thirty bodies buried in a ravine somewhere in Texas.

Buried by men in dark suits and sunglasses.

Again, I can not substantiate this at the present time but I will endeavor to find a link.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 04:49 pm
Laughing You mean he shot Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 04:53 pm
Nice sig line, Lightwizard. Very appropriate for the times in which we reside.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 05:13 pm
Love Mencken's mind -- it works like mine.

Also love this one from Ambrose Bierce:

Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 05:14 pm
Amen
0 Replies