Is it true that the hip bone is connected to the ARRRRGGGGHH

mac11

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 10:28 am
boomerang wrote:
Okay - I've got a call into the doctor despite all of the good advice here!

I'm glad to hear that boomer - please keep us posted, now that we're all worried about you!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 10:47 am
boomerang wrote:
Okay - I've got a call into the doctor despite all of the good advice here!

You know, I probably wouldn't give it a second thought if it hadn't been for the insane vomiting a few days ago which I wrote off to a stomach virus.

This is kind of strange because I had stomache problems recently and then all of a sudden I'm hearing about tons of other people who have had some kind of stomache virus lately.
Littlek and Dag had it and some of my relatives up this way as well.

Well, going to see doc is your best bet, but when you mentioned the insane vomiting, it made me think that you may have pulled something then.

Either way, get to the doc ;-)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 10:59 am
Pulling a muscle while vomiting... how... excessive.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 10:19 pm
Insane vomiting is something I would like to try.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 11:03 pm
Boomer, I had my fingers splayed downward rather than inward. Definitely follow up with the doc! Good luck......
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:13 am
Me too (downward). Any updates? (We worry!)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:19 am
The doctor couldn't see my yesterday so they suggested I go to the walk in clinic. I didn't want to sit around for innumerble hours so I blew it off.

I could still do the walk in clinic today but..... I hate to spend that much time doing nothing. So I think I'll just tough it out through the weekend and if it becomes worse I'll go to the clinic and if it stays the same I'll try to get in next week.

I'm still grumpy and sore but I don't think it's going to kill me.

Thanks for checking in!
0 Replies

titaniuman

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 12:20 am
my wife was recently told she had bersitis in her hip. She is a retired dance instructor. Whenever she stands from a sitting position her hips pop, making this awful sound. She's been in bed for nearly 10 days, still in pain, & now fighting the responsibility demons. I'm concerned. And the doctors aren't being very proactive, offering only the same meds used to mask her chronic back pain. Any suggestions. Be careful Gus you are either a clown or a know it all who's never experienced pain. I had to have my left hip replaced 1.5 yrs ago, pain will humble, and I see no humility or compassion in your notes. But there's a Gus on every bulletin board I visit.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 03:36 am
So tell us, Titaniu Man . . . what exactly is titaniu?

Gus is a joker, people around here know not to take him seriously. You might also note the date stamps on all of those posts--they are from more than three years ago, almost four years ago. Gus hardly ever posts here these days.

The term you wanted was bursitis, and it refers to the bursa, the fluid sac that cushions joints from the impact of bone on bone. When a joint "pops," it's just a bubble in the bursa. It is coincidental to any pain a person experience--it is neither caused by the condition which causes the pain, nor does it cause the condition. I suggest that you get professional help for your wife, while at the same time i suspect you already have done so. Which leads me to wonder why you are in this thread.
0 Replies