'Hitler's holocaust plan for Jews in Palestine ...

Setanta

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 05:24 pm
Truman won by slightly more than 2,000,000 votes. He buried Dewey in the Electoral College, but the popular vote was relatively close (just over 24 million for Truman, just under 22 million for Dewey), and as a "Dixiecrat" (a Southern Democrat opposed to Truman's integration policies) pulled off four of the Southern States which traditionally would have gone to the Democratic candidate, the belief became firmly fixed in the minds of politicians that Truman won because of the "Jewish vote." This ignored the probability that he'd have gotten a significant proportion of those voters anyway, and that he'd have still won in the Electoral College without a single Jewish voter casting a vote for him. But the impression was made, and no candidate has ever wanted to be seen as anti-Israel since that time.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 05:30 pm
Most interesting thank you. Something in a distant brain cell tells me a bout a famous newspaper headline "Dewey Wins" or was that someone else? Sorry if complete bullsh1t been out to dinner tonight.. well sort of
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 05:35 pm
http://www.worth1000.com/web/media/136124/truman.JPG
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 05:49 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
The establishment of a Zionist state in Palestine, and its recognition by the United States within minutes, was the biggest single political mistake of the 20th century imo.
My view is that the Jewish people wholly deserve a place they can call their own. And it's in North America's best interest to have a stable proxy like Israel in the oil rich and war torn Middle East.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 05:51 pm
Chumly . . . WAKE UP ! ! !

You're dreamin' . . .
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 06:09 pm
I gather you perceive Israel as a net negative, even to the Jewish people themselves.

How about a one paragraph hypothesis on how the world would now be a better place today without the establishment of Israel from a North American perspective, and from an International Jewish perspective, and I'll have a read a bit later

I have a spiffy new avatar which defines my trade!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 06:11 pm
Chumly wrote:
I gather you perceive Israel as a net negative, even to the Jewish people themselves.

There is absolutely no reason for you to make such assumptions from what i've written. There are many others here who are a crypto-anti-semites, go talk to them.

Quote:
I have a spiffy new avatar which defines my trade!

I cannot express to you the joy i have experienced.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 06:36 pm
OK, I'd be interested in the meaning behind your response, to my response to Steve (as 41oo)'s claims.

You would be incorrect if you were to assume I was luminpng you into the category of "crypto-anti-semites" for two reasons:
1) I am not sure how you intend it's meaning, please explain,
2) It's logical to infer that you think I am "dreaming" as per my claim that the "Jewish people wholly deserve a place they can call their own. And it's in North America's best interest to have a stable proxy like Israel in the oil rich and war torn Middle East". But and yet you have not provided the reasoning for your response, thus I have no specified view of your views, only questions, and assumptions based on the input from you that my views are "dreaming".
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
The establishment of a Zionist state in Palestine, and its recognition by the United States within minutes, was the biggest single political mistake of the 20th century imo.
Chumly wrote:
My view is that the Jewish people wholly deserve a place they can call their own. And it's in North America's best interest to have a stable proxy like Israel in the oil rich and war torn Middle East.
Setanta wrote:
Chumly . . . WAKE UP ! ! !

You're dreamin' . . .
A lot of people are getting avatar tuneups from jpinMilwaukee = god Avatars for sale
0 Replies