Dinner tonight - or last night.

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 06:41 am
Last night I had two bratwurst sandwiches and a bag of skittles.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 07:19 am
Theoretically a gado gado, but really just a very tasty, crunchy stir fry at the Vegie Bar tonight. Including tofu & peanut sauce. No alcohol. That section of the cafe was full.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 07:23 am
..... followed by a tiramisu to die for (oh yum!) & coffee at Brunetti's in Carlton. You feel like you've just won the lottery when you finally locate a table in that place!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 09:43 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Last night I had two bratwurst sandwiches and a bag of skittles.

mmmmm, I love bratwurst. I can skip the skittles.

I ate out a Bucca last night. We have leftovers for the week.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 09:54 am
I stick to a low fat, low sugar diet. Primarily because my husband (despite good cholesterol count, and daily running) has had to have stents placed in his arteries to relieve blockage and now has developed diabetes. We are usually pretty careful but we do splurge once in a while. Since I had a late doctors appointment last night, we decided to get carry-out. Big mistake. We picked up fried chicken with french fries from Popeye's and we still feel like we have lead in our stomachs and somewhat greasy
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 10:00 am
ehBeth wrote:

Any leftovers?

I have a 15 year old son. There is NO SUCH THING.

14 wheat bix!!!!!

I swear i have never seen anything like it. He was eating them from one side of the bowl and putting them in on the other.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 02:17 pm
Darn.

I was thinking some of that salmon scrambled into eggs woulda made a nice breakie.

As it was I had one of my secret high-fibre, low fat muffins for breakfast.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 04:47 pm
Tonight we're having a roasted chicken, roasted asparagus and brown rice. Key lime pie for dessert.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 04:53 pm
I don't know what we will do for tonight. Mr. glitterbag retired two weeks ago, and is feeling a little edgy. He will probably take one of the offers he received and work for a defense contractor. Kind of ease his way into retirement. He's young for retirement, taking another job will keep him involved. Time to hit the kitchen and begin dinner.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 07:03 pm
I ate out for my brother's birthday. I shared appetizers with my mom. One was grilled asparagus with pancetta and a over-easy egg, the other was a gnocchi (one big soft gnocchi) with a fontina cheese sauce and morel mushrooms - with a drizzle of truffle oil. For dinner I had sunfish over green risotto sprinkled with capers and golden raisins. A little wine, a vodka drink and some darjeeling tea were involved as well. <urp>.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 07:13 pm
Well, we split a large order of Penne Al' Arrabiatta. I had a nice red wine, and now I think I will head downstairs for another glass.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 07:19 pm
Wondering, msolga, if your mystery vegetable from a few pages back is is Kale.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 07:46 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Diamond label, that's the version I've tried..

this one was featured in Toronto Life this month

didn't find it today, will try again next week
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 07:54 pm
We just came back from making the rounds at Safeway and SuperStore 'cause we had some last minute shopping for Easter dinner tomorrow and hadn't decided what's for dinner. We picked up a couple of videos on the way home.

Neither of our chicks had gotten around to making dinner for themselves and, surprisingly, neither had made plans for this evening, so we're having an impromptu family dinner/movie night with grilled New York steak, grilled asparagus and oven-browned potatoes. A rare family evening!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 07:56 am
Well, it was an extremely late breakfast (not at all hungry this morning) or a very early dinner .... take your pick! Anyway, this meal was in the heart of "Little Saigon" (the part of Footscray which is totally Vietnamese) This particular cafe's claim to fame is it's savoury pancakes, so that's what we indulged in: large folded over pancakes with all sorts of goodies inside - like bean sprouts, pieces of pork & prawns, etc, etc. To eat, you take a leave of lettuce, add a variety of mints & other interesting green bits & pieces .... add a bit of the pancake & roll the lettuce leaf up. Then dip into individual bowls of a tangy dip (fish sauce, lemon juice, chili, etc.) Bite off a bit, then dip again! Messy, but absolutely delicious!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:06 am
mckenzie wrote:
Wondering, msolga, if your mystery vegetable from a few pages back is is Kale.

Nice to see you here, mckenzie! Very Happy

I checked & it wasn't kale. Very bitter & dark green pointy leaves, this particular plant had.
But what a terrific site! I'll use it again. Thank you!

Today, in Little Saigon, I bought a couple of new varieties of mysterious greens that I'm assured are great for stir fries & soups. We'll see!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:47 am
Hmmm, msolga, see if your greens are any of these...

http://www.gardencarriage.com/Cooks%20garden.htm

I've used dandylion greens before...

Oh, and your vietnamese meal sounded great to me. I've only been to one Vietnamese place here in Albuquerque, not particularly wonderful (that particular place, I love Vietnamese food), but there are a few more I have to check out.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:53 am
I think this is it, osso!

http://www.cooksgarden.com/email/2005_02_17_february/09_dandelionameliore.gif

Dandelions, huh? Amazing!

Thank you! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:59 am
.... as for Vietnamese food, I love it, too, osso! What we were eating was delicious, but what others were eating looked fantastic, too. And so healthy! I will definitely return & try out other dishes! Very Happy
Good luck in your Albuquerque search!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:11 pm
Tonight we had pot stickers. It was the first time I ever made them. They turned out pretty darn good. I made them with ground turkey instead of pork so they were healthy too.
0 Replies