Dinner tonight - or last night.

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 07:57 pm
JayBea is having a game hen, and I a ribeye steak, both done on the grill ... baked potatos, mixed grilled vege's ...

Anon
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 08:25 pm
Is this it?

http://www.mcnees.org/winesite/labels/labels_australia/lbl_Rosemount_Estate_McLaren_Vale_shiraz.gif
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 08:37 pm
That's a reserve and I haven't tried that. One of our design clients used to give us a case of whatever Rosemount Shiraz was on the market that year at holiday season. The ordinary R. Shiraz was good for a half glass just before we left work on those winter days...

We used to have a lot of cheapo wines around for our gallery openings, and the ordinary R. Shiraz was a league or two better than our usual.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:10 pm
No, not that one JB, though it's the same vineyard. The one tonight is a diamond label 2004 vintage...and I have no idea if that was touted as a good year, or not.

Your question prompted me to read the back label, and I note now that it's recommended with pastas and barbeques...which might explain why I was having a time with the bacon and eggs...

That too passed though, I'm pleased to report, and I've been one inching it for hours -- the bottles, uh, about gone Razz

It is good, osso. They describe it as displaying an intense, spicy fruit with a textured finish and subtle oak.

Not a word about pepper, beth. (Just thought I should mention that)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:16 pm
Someone once suggested Australian shirraz. It might have been a thread on A2k, I don't recall. I bought a couple different bottles to try and ended up pouring half the first one out. The second one was really good. Unfortunately, I don't remember what vineyard either of them came from.

Dinner tonight was a bit of this and that from the refrigerater. I'm still full from my too large lunch.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:18 pm
Diamond label, that's the version I've tried..
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:21 pm
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Sometimes it's me, though, and not the wine I think.

I usually like Australian wines, including their blends.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:23 pm
Last inch poured.

Cheers!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:24 pm
Prost!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 05:33 am
It never occurred to me to add "and which beverages did you consume with your meal?" to the introduction to this thread. An oversight, obviously. That sort of completes the picture, doesn't it?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 06:59 am
Apparently, Australian wine is what completes the picture for a select crowd Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 07:03 am
Oh, I can fully understand that, ehBeth!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 07:13 am
let's see....for dinner i had some Pirouline hazelnut wafers, pretzels and chips, chocolate, a beer and cigarettes*. not extremely satisfying, but that's what was lying around.

* those i smoked. didn't eat them.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 07:17 am
Folks....she's sleep-typing!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 07:19 am
I have been known to rely on Oz wines for my "creative inspiration". Like tonight, when I cooked the mysterious bitter greens that the Greek & Italian women were buying up big at my greengrocer's: A bit of chopped garlic & chili in a bit of olive oil, throw in the chopped up greens. Then add a small tin of chopped up Italian tomatoes & some chick peas. Serve on a bed of steamed Jasmine rice with a sprinkling of spring onion greens on top. Hmmm ... not bad at all. 6/10, I reckon! The wine (a not excessively expensive sav blanc) was quite nice, too! Very Happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 07:19 am
haha, that's true. didn't even roll out of my bed yet.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 07:21 am
Chicken and cashew curry (masterfoods packet mix) rice.
half a can of bundy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Cigarettes?

It was nice knowing you, dag.
0 Replies

msolga

dagmaraka wrote:
let's see....for dinner i had some Pirouline hazelnut wafers, pretzels and chips, chocolate, a beer and cigarettes*. not extremely satisfying, but that's what was lying around.

* those i smoked. didn't eat them.

Ah, that's what I call indulgence! I'm glad you didn't eat the cigarettes, dag! :wink:
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 07:23 am
yes, msolga. i do prefer chocolate.
0 Replies