Dinner tonight - or last night.

jcboy

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2017 06:17 pm
We got in late last night from visiting grandma in Miami so no time to cook tonight. The Rican is picking up Chinese take out for din din.
chai2

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2017 07:13 pm
@jcboy,
Salmon, brussel sprouts, and my new addiction, alfonso olives.

https://www.salonika.net/product_images/30419.jpg
jcboy

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 04:04 pm
@chai2,
We're having our 4th of July din din tonight. Baby back ribs are in the oven, having baked beans and corn on the cob.

Tomorrow for the 4th we're going to the Queens house for a barbecue Cool Her husband will be doing the cooking! Drunk
jcboy

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 06:07 pm
@jcboy,
I slow cooked the ribs for 5 hours, the meat is falling off the bone. delicious Cool

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2q1z9z9.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 06:25 pm
@jcboy,
I was just thinking about Willy's.....
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 06:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hey, you're back, kiddo, glad ta see you.
I'm a professor (well, professoressa, of messed up situations).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2017 09:37 pm
two small slices of truly yucko Panago* pizza at a volunteer meet and greet
the dr pepper was a nice treat

* edit ; putting the name in to remind me never to order from there
farmerman

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2017 04:42 am
@ehBeth,
Hebrew National Bigass hotdogs with onions mustard and ketchup. A ballpark treat. we went to a AA game .
I love twilight-night games. There was a breeze, the sun wasnt up there, lotsa "game gimmicks" to keep kids from getting bored outta their skulls.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 06:17 pm
My beef brisket has been slow roasting in the oven. Making mashed potatoes and gravy, vegi tonight is steamed broccoli.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2017 07:49 pm
lamb souvlaki with rosemary/mint
beef souvlaki with mixed pepper chunks

toasted everything bagel with veggie cream cheese

it was a long wet afternoon outside st. vladimir's
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2017 07:59 pm
Leftover Augratin potato with Fried Chicken chopped into it (Sharp Ched and Gruyere) with leftover fried cabbage with apple. Homemade tortilla chips and fancy dancy salts to start. We are bankrupt, but damn the eating is good!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 05:27 pm
chicken burgers with bacon strips on onion buns

salted caramel brownie chunks chopped on top of black cherry yogurt

feeling like cottage life in the city
mckenzie

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 09:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Smoked (today) spareribs, new potatoes with dill (him) or chives (me) and corn on the cob. Yay, summer!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2017 10:58 pm
Cedar/maple planked pacific rockfish with rhubarb chutney, rice pilaf, peas and mushrooms, fresh cherry cake with vanilla ice cream topped with lavender cream
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2017 06:12 pm
Last night I pan fried salmon in garlic butter with some salt and pepper. Wild rice and steamed Broccoli. It was delicious.

Tonight the Rican is making din din. He went to the market today and bought fresh chicken breast so I guess that’s what we’re having.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2yjpy0m.jpg
George

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 04:35 am
@jcboy,
Looks good.

We did pulled pork sandwiches with Jack Daniels pulled pork and naan.
Grapes and diced watermelon on the side.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2017 01:39 pm
We’re going out to dinner tonight. Today I went to the market and bought another nice roast. My friend Anthony is in Palm Springs this weekend so tomorrow we’re driving to meet him for lunch.

I’ll be slow cooking the roast in the crockpot with potatoes and carrots so it will be ready when we get home.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2017 01:50 pm
@jcboy,
I just made some guacamole, later to serve with the remaining section of leftover very good beef burger (from Indigo Crow, slurp, too bad it is so far away). The burger had a half left over since I went crazy over their super onion rings..

Good thing I don't have some deep fat frying onions proclivity or I would be a lot heavier person.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2017 02:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
the dish with a sour cabbage with either tart apple chunks or apple sauce is a great side. we like it with kimmel
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2017 10:05 am
half of a lentil samosa and half of a veggie samosa