Dinner tonight - or last night.

George

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 03:50 pm
@izzythepush,
I was actually there.
One of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen!
izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 05:47 pm
@George,
It's just down the road from me. I have to drive through Salisbury to see my dad who lives in Somerset. Winchester Cathedral is even closer, but I think Wells is a lot prettier.

http://www.britannia.com/history/somerset/churches/images/wellscath.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2017 05:52 pm
@izzythepush,
I think I've visited Salisbury and Stonehenge when I visited England the last time, but my memory is beginning to fail me.
Do they have a copy of the Magna Carta there?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 03:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
I don't know, I've not actually been inside.
jcboy

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 04:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Tonight is my turn to cook. Found some nice salmon and fresh asparagus at the market today, having it with wild rice.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 04:41 pm
@jcboy,
Mmmm, good.

I've got red potatoes in the oven, some already sauteed chicken thighs, and salad makings in the wings; presently sipping a Fetzger Cabernet Sauvignon. I don't remember that Fetzger was at the tippy top of California wines, but I became fond of the winery and restaurant/gift shop as a place where people from the north coast, like Eureka and Arcata, could meet up with people in the Bay area, sort of a 1/2 way point, and comfortable.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 06:03 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Had chicken at Pollo Loco for lunch. Not sure what we will have for dinner.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 06:08 pm
@izzythepush,
https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g186300-d188941-i145776805-Winchester_Cathedral-Winchester_Hampshire_England.html
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 06:26 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I had made the spicy eggplant way too spicy, back when I had made it and froze it, so now I'm adding jarred sweet red peppers and a small can of corn and a bunch of caramelized spanish onions (always on hand, I make big batches when I do), to temper it... less of the eggplant, more of the other stuff. Sort of a can goods salad, not my usual way, but it'll do. Meantime, I'm getting hungry.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 05:00 pm
We were planning on going out to dinner tonight but its been a busy week and I'm tired so the Puerto Rican is going to make his delicious home made taco's. Cool
glitterbag

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 07:17 pm
@jcboy,
Well March madness is in full swing and mr.glitterbags Tarheels are playing so, something simple: Grilled Cheese sandwiches and a creamy tomato bisque soup.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 07:24 pm
@jcboy,
Man I like, please talk about his tacos.
farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 08:29 pm
@ossobucotemp,
my own garam Masalla cajun shrimp , very spicy but goood.

Food from Karala as the recipe passed through Lafayette La.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 09:24 pm
@glitterbag,
I enjoy simple meals quite often.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 09:54 pm
Trader Joe's spinach tortellini and three cheese pasta sauce.
panzade

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 08:22 am
@tsarstepan,
What's that sound? Oh, my stomach grumbling in envy.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:42 am
@ossobucotemp,
His tacos are the best. He seasons the ground beef with:

1 tbsp. Salt
1 1/2 teas. Pepper
1 teas. garlic powder
2 teas. chili powder
1/4 teas. Cumin

Top them with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and homemade salsa.

Tonight Alicia wants me to try this recipe.

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

http://food.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/food/fullset/2015/4/29/0/YW0608H_Chicken-Broccoli-Casserole_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.jpeg
ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 02:44 pm
@jcboy,
Took a look at the recipe - looks like Mac n Cheese with chicken and veggies. Could be tasty - definitely will be rich Smile
glitterbag

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 03:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I enjoy simple meals quite often.

So do I, in the summer we practically live on fresh corn and local tomatoes. I love a simple pot roast with carrots, potatoes and onions. You can toss a browned roast into a pressure cooker with the veggies and have comfort food in less than 40 minutes (maybe less, I didn't check the chart).
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 03:31 pm
On another note, recently Nando Peri Peri opened another restaurant in Annapolis. I'm not a big fan of fast food, but this chain serves Chicken the Portuguese-African style. It's delicious, moist, full of flavor and you can pick the level of 'hot' you like. The sides are generous and I think very flavorful.

The restaurant has been here about 2 years now and the quality hasn't suffered. I hope all the stores are up to snuff, but if one is near you, give it a try. Oh, and if 'hot' is not your thing, they offer the chicken in Mango-lime or
Edmonton-herb. I actually haven't tried those two so I can't vouch how much heat they pack. They also offer a wonderful carrot cake.