Dinner tonight - or last night.

FBM

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 07:40 am
@ehBeth,
I proclaim it NOM!

https://www.google.co.kr/search?q=%EB%AC%B4+%EA%B9%80%EC%B9%98&newwindow=1&safe=off&biw=1024&bih=635&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=nrJtVZiWNYOJ8QXs94CwCQ&ved=0CBsQsAQ#tbm=isch&tbs=rimg%3ACTB2riJl5LuEIjijgnoCHsNiqlNE18B6bDiE2qloJkJeZvWloXPN_1GpB8X-6lOQVwA4_1pS15emRJue1anbdlYGRVhCoSCaOCegIew2KqES1rFXh-cIb9KhIJU0TXwHpsOIQR2Bzb6oh3wdEqEgnaqWgmQl5m9RF4c2mRp6GBfSoSCaWhc838akHxEdtZ4OYw3v6cKhIJf7qU5BXADj8RpfIvGAlkxEIqEgmlLXl6ZEm57RF8toqini0iZCoSCVqdt2VgZFWEEdlkRB24jO11&q=%EA%B9%80%EC%B9%98
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 04:10 pm
The Rican is cooking tonight. He was going to make his pork chili Verdi but decided to make the pork in a red sauce. Plus he’s cooking some beans and rice, we’re having pork in red chili sauce burritos! Cool
ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 04:23 pm
@jcboy,
Let me guess, no tomatillos in the house? I still have that recipe, soooo good.
jcboy

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 05:11 pm
@ossobuco,
Nope, no tomatillos at the market this time. Your suppose to have the red sauce with beef but he decided to make it with pork, smells yummy Confused
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 07:02 pm
Frankenstein cooked tonight. I'll share this mash-up with you.

It's called Chicken Piccata a la Francese.

Semi-thaw a Chicken breast and cut in (4) 1/4" slices
Pound them down with a mallet
Dredge them through spicy flour and a thin egg wash(one egg w a TBS of water)
Fry in the best olive oil ya got
2 min a side.remove

Boil up 1/8 cup chicken broth,1/8 cup Pinot Grgio and 1/8 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice in the pan while scraping bits.
Toss in some capers and 1/2 pound of pre-fried fresh mushrooms.
Toss in 1/4 stick butter covered in flour.
When reduced by half toss in chicken and simmer 2 minutes.

Voila! Mangiamo!
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 08:21 pm
@panzade,
You lost me with "semi-thaw" already, Panzade Smile Never, ever buy frozen meat!!
--

Apropos meat, I've been trying to eat meatless for the last 2 weeks - just to test if I feel better or not. So today I tried for the first time tempeh - made it with sweet potatoes, onions, miso paste and fresh herbs. It was good and satisfied my appetite.
panzade

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 11:38 am
@CalamityJane,
I don't buy frozen meat but the breasts come in packages of 3 or 4 and as a dude cooking for 1 I have to freeze the rest of the chicken for later consumption.

I like your idea of going meatless. I try to do that 2 or 3 times a week.
Salad Nicoise, Ramen soup or a Cuban black beans and rice dish.
farmerman

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 01:28 pm
@panzade,
we make veggie "hobo packs" n which we slice sweet potatoes, yell beans, mushrooms and green onion tubers and we usually add some Pul Newman "sauce" and wrap each in tinfoil nd do em over the charcoal grill.
Ecellent because we punch holes in the tinfoil tops and let em steep in the smoke. Its really good.
Weve tried alot of veggie hobo pcks and theres nothing that weve found bad (although daikons are a bit much as are green leafy crap).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 02:10 pm
@panzade,
I'm down to one package of meat a month now. I make it last. Easier if it's a bigger, say, a whole chicken.
panzade

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 02:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Me 2
As a single cook I get screwed by the markets when it comes to fresh meat.
Everything is family packs.
I only shop twice a month so I have to break up the portions and freeze them.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 07:50 pm
I never did make the roast last Sunday, something came up and we had something else so tonight I made it with mashed potatoes, gravy and mixed veggies and it came out fabulous, tender and juicy.

For dessert we had sugar cookies with butter cream frosting. Cool

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2s1t3qx.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/sq6pw2.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 08:24 pm
beef shawarma from Sultan's

delish

the pickled turnips are about the best in town
ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2015 09:13 pm
@ehBeth,
Leftover tomato veg sausage pasta soup

and now for some homemade gelato (cocoa almond peppermint)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 01:00 pm
Baby Backs were on sale for $3.99 a lb so I made some "Dragon Ribs"

They're marinated for four hours in a mixture of soy sauce, sesame seed oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic, cumin and chili powder.

In the oven for 2 hours @ 200 degrees in a glass dish covered with foil and finished on the charcoal grill.

Slathered in a new BBQ sauce I found called Sticky Fingers Memphis sauce.
The salty sweet combination is delish.
mckenzie

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 03:16 pm
@panzade,
That sounds delish, panzade!

Fresh pickerel (aka walleye) seasoned with Cajun seasoning and lemon zest, brushed with a little butter/olive oil, baked, then sprinkled with chives and parsley.

Sweet potato fries cooked in the Actifry and arugula salad.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 07:07 am
Japanese-style noodles with a fist-sized ball of rice with shredded seaweed on the outside, meat and other things I couldn't identify stuffed in the middle. Then something like tempura, but a Korean version. Deep-fried prawns, I suppose.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 07:17 am
@FBM,
Focaccia stuffed with misc vegetables; iced tea
mismi

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 07:33 am
@ossobuco,
I made polenta for the first time. It is very much like grits. Not sure why I haven't tried it before. I loved it though.

I did not saute' it in patties. I thinned it out with chicken stock and put a nice smooth chicken stock based sauce over it with mushrooms and bacon and artichoke hearts - with a squeeze 0f lemon. We had roasted chicken and a salad with pears and goat cheese and a red wine vinaigrette.

tonight we'll have hamburgers.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 07:51 am
@mismi,
Oh good! I'm a polenta fan (of course I would be) but haven't made it myself from scratch in quite a while. I use Marcella Hazan's old recipe (doing it the hard way), which is probably why I haven't made it lately.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 07:10 pm
Tonight is our last night at grandma’s house. Grandma and aunt Isabel made dinner for the kids and the Puerto Rican and I went out for dinner.

Miso soup, ahi tuna and vegetable tempura.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2exvb7m.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/selz01.jpg