Dinner tonight - or last night.

mismi

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 01:54 pm
@mismi,
Opting out on the tuna tonight. I put chicken in the crockpot with balsamic vinaigrette. I think I am going to shred it and put it in pasta tossed in pesto with some feta. And a salad.

But we'll see. Smile
mismi

Reply Wed 26 Jun, 2013 06:19 pm
@mismi,
I made the pasta and chicken with the pesto and it was amazing. My FIL gave us his home grown tomatoes yesterday and I sliced them up with balsamic vinaigrette and feta and it was SO yummy. I love summer food.
alex240101

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 02:16 pm
@mismi,
Hello mismi.
I am going into the kitchen after I send this message to eat the cream of mushroom soup I made. A barrel of shitakes were used. Next time I will cut the heavy cream with a bit of chicken stock.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 02:34 pm
@alex240101,
I also enjoy cream of mushroom soup, but I had cream of chicken soup for lunch today.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 02:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Cream of chicken soup - an idea for dinner..
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 03:41 pm
@ossobuco,
I had mine with a couple of toasts with butter. It was delicious!
alex240101

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 04:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The soup was rich. Also, next time, a variety of the mushrooms.
Did I tell you about a gift received of pie...
jcboy

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 07:03 pm
@alex240101,
We've got crabs.

http://imageshack.us/a/img20/7762/wlun.jpg
margo

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 01:02 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

We've got crabs.

http://imageshack.us/a/img20/7762/wlun.jpg

There's treatment for that, now! Cool Razz
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 12:26 pm
@alex240101,

Quote:
Hello mismi.
I am going into the kitchen after I send this message to eat the cream of mushroom soup I made. A barrel of shitakes were used. Next time I will cut the heavy cream with a bit of chicken stock.

Hello there Alex! Good to see you!
I think cutting it with chicken stock is a good idea. Straight cream sauce sometimes is hard for me to eat.

Tonight I am grilling chicken and having tomato, cucumber, Vidalia onion with a bit of sugar and apple cider vinegar as dressing. I will toss in some Feta too. I am looking forward to it. Wink Chopping veggies is seriously cathartic for me.
mismi

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 09:27 pm
@mismi,
Mexican Lasagna. It is amazing. I made a salad with ranch beans, tomatoes, cheese and fritos tossed in catalina dressing. I kid you not. It was good. Sounds weird. But it wasn't.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 09:29 pm
before double dance class I had a tub of blackberries with a big spoon of chocolate cream cheese as a dip

after class ... a toasted bagel with cream cheese/ham/mustard/honey and dubliner cheese on the side
mismi

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 04:03 pm
@ehBeth,
I had blackberries today that I thought were going to make my face stay all screwed up the rest of my life. So stinking tart.

I have absolutely no inspiration for supper. I do not know what to do. phth.

salad...probably. meat - sure. iced tea...yep. maybe some corn?

meh.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2013 11:37 pm
@mismi,
Gemelli pasta with garlic sauce and freshly grated Piave cheese
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 07:13 pm
cheeseburgers

beef mixed with some pork for the burgers

sweet pickles, onions, yellow pepper and olive oil mayo for the toppings

yum
ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 07:18 pm
@ehBeth,
previously cooked farfalle pasta with sliced cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, diced roasted red onion, simmered in a wine/butter/olive oil sauce.
Slurp.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:07 am
@ossobuco,
looking for a recipe for a faux crab burrito or fajita or something similar
ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 01:21 pm
@ehBeth,
kitchen soup -
canned tomato sauce, chicken stock, one of the frozen (thawed) spicy pork and beef patties I made a while age, cut up; some madagascar red rice already cooked, some roasted garlic, some roasted red onions cut up, and a small amount of jarred pickled jalapeno. Still have plenty of soup left, will add some of the mushrooms I marinated. This all puts hair on my chest.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 01:30 pm
@ehBeth,
didja find one? All my burritos are made up based on what is hanging around in the kitchen, but always with beans of some sort. Not that they have to be, it's just my way.
I can imagine crab tacos. Possibly involving some diced or slivered veggie, some some avocado? some lime? Curious what you end up with.

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2013 04:56 pm
last night I had Polska Kielbasa with diced tomatoes and red pepper flakes for heat. Simmered and then put over fettucine. I put a bit too many red pepper flakes - apparently I am a weenie when it comes to the heat. I kept sucking in my breath to cool my tongue and drinking tea.

yummy though.

Tonight I think I am going to have chicken and rice spiced with sage. I love fresh pineapple with sharp cheddar cheese and a small dollop of mayo over romaine lettuce. sweet tea in my mason jars. I am not kidding. Wink

Happy eating folks.