Dinner tonight - or last night.

glitterbag

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 09:11 pm
@ossobuco,
We have an Italian deli nearby and the pancetta and mozzarella are very good. Some of it is made here and some is imported. The Italian immigrant who built a wonderful restaurant, deli and huge cache of Italian wines, wonderful olive oils and cheeses recently passed away, but his sons, wife and nephews will make sure the fine imports will continue coming and the wonderful food will continue to be served. Rest in peace Ray Lubano.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2013 09:25 pm
@glitterbag,
New Mexico doesn't do much italian, sort of lost planets, italy and new mexico, but there also may be some import problems re the real stuff, even in big u s cities. There are now some cool american salumeria places, one in Iowa, one in Washington state, but I can't afford to play with all that. Sort of like getting ham from Spain, playground for dollars.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 05:06 pm
@ossobuco,
I chopped up a quarter of a huge sweet onion and sauteed it.

Then I threw in the leftover tandoori chicken, carrots and peas from my lunch at a nice Afghani take-away in our building.

I'm eating the naan while I'm waiting ...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 05:07 pm
@ossobuco,
I got a really good deal on some fine Serrano ham on the weekend. I've been having it with Turkish simit. Sooo tasty.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 04:29 pm
@ehBeth,
Butter Chicken with some kind of rice concoction and lightly sautéed zucchini tossed with a bit of parmesan and bread crumbs. Smells (and tastes) wonderful.

The zucchini was perfectly done to my liking. Hot all the way through but not mushy. I hate mushy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 06:39 pm
mushrooms/broccoli slaw/potatoes/onions and a couple of sausages (diced up) all cooked together in a pan ... kind of like a cheater version of bubble and squeak

tasty
Dutchy

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 10:07 pm
@ehBeth,
Spaghetti Bolognaise with Garlic bread Hospital style. Laughing
mismi

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 06:33 am
@Dutchy,
Aw Dear Dutchy - did you eat it all? Wink

I made grilled chicken with pasta in pesto sauce. It was delish. We ate it standing up...I am not kidding - we were all on our way out the door. Crazy time of year for us. Makes my eye twitch
ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 08:52 am
@mismi,
Last night I had a bowl of previously made potato, cabbage, sausage, mustard greens, green pepper, garlic, half and half and chicken broth casserole, followed by small bowl of quick sauteed bok choy w ginger, garlic, chile pepper, and soy sauce. Both of those tasted good, if a tad odd in concert. Oh, and pellegrino with lemon to wash it all down.

farmerman

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 09:15 am
@ossobuco,
we made "hobo packs" of veggies in a beef bullion base cooked over the grill. I like an all veggie meal at least once a week.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 07:14 pm
@farmerman,
This sounds so uninspired, but we had tuna salad on toasted marble rye, with sliced fresh tomatoes. Loved it!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2013 08:17 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm making a spinach and jack cheese omelet soon.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 07:40 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
This sounds so uninspired, but we had tuna salad on toasted marble rye, with sliced fresh tomatoes. Loved it!

That actually sounds really yummy. I am thinking about having it for us tonight. Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 07:58 am
Last night - tomato soup - tomato garlic sauce, prev cooked spicy green peppers, bacon, mustard greens, some leftover fava beans, a bunch of volcano rice.
mismi

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 04:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Actually tonight we are going to have crab burgers...maybe the tuna will be tomorrow.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 05:33 pm
@mismi,
Well that sounds good, Mismi.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 05:38 pm
a couple of leftover greek-spiced chicken thighs, that I cooked yesterday
chopped up, on a kaiser

I think salad will happen later
ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 05:56 pm
@ehBeth,
Leftover cooked potatoes from the fishcake making episode, and since these are for me, mashed with some butter/o.oil/half and half and some madras curry and black pepper; previously cooked and frozen roast beef still blessedly rare, some roasted red onions and roasted carrot pennies. Sounds like winter, but hey, I'm hungry.
Eva

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 08:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Black peppercorn-marinated pork tenderloin, black beans with a dollop of salsa, and sautéed red, yellow and green bell peppers.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 09:25 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Well that sounds good, Mismi.

It was good. Crab burgers with fresh corn on the cob and an amazing salad with a nice crisp pinot grigio. AND I didn't have to cook. My MIL cooked for me tonight. Smile Sweet lady.