food isn't what it used to be...
MMarciano

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:59 pm
@Rockhead,
Don't tell him that, next he will want to raise turkeys Laughing
Rockhead

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 04:00 pm
@MMarciano,
I have free range chickens, but mailing them gets difficult once they've grown up.

I don't think I can eat them anyway.

I've named them...
jcboy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 04:35 pm
@Rockhead,
Some friends of mine built a chicken coop and have six chickens. You can have chickens in the city but they won’t allow roosters.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 04:37 pm
@jcboy,
I don't have to ask why.

I have one down the road that starts about 3:30 most nights...

and they are aggressive.

all the hens do what he says...

my little guy doesn't crow yet.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 11:23 am
@ossobuco,
ossoB - where'd you go? you haven't posted since you planned to put this recipe on your desktop. I hope it's a computer problem of some sort.

(I'm like Morgan - a worry wart)
jcboy

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 04:09 pm
@ehBeth,
I hope she gets her computer fixed soon!

We are on our way to The Queens Head for the fish and chips, they are on special every thursday!

No room in the kitchen to cook tonight, its a mess!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 07:53 am
I’m working from home today and Antonio doesn’t have to be in daycare so the two of us are cooking a pound of bacon, going to have BLT’s for lunch today!
jcboy

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 03:55 pm
@jcboy,
Daddy is in the shower, we're taking the kids out for sushi tonight!
ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 06:59 pm
once I cool down , I'm going to have an avocado with salsa and sour cream

it is still ickily humid here and feels like it is 97 F

blech
0 Replies

Keith424

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 07:05 pm
@jcboy,
Good daddies, cheers peanut!
MMarciano

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 09:17 pm
@Keith424,
When we came home tonight Morgan make brownies topped with vanilla ice cream. Even with all that sugar the three of them still passed out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 09:29 pm
@MMarciano,
I'm back after a week sans computer - aggravating and energizing in equal proportions.

But --- I bought tomatillos and jalapenos today plus the pork, in expectation of getting my computer back and re-finding your recipe. I've had green chile pork several times so far here in Albuquerque, and always it has been a tasty sauce from a jar over dead meat. This can happen with adovado too..

Will report later.
Eva

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 10:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Pretty sure my dinner would be the best yet. I'm on vacation near Anacortes, Washington, at my sister and brother-in-law's house at the shore. Today Hubby and brother-in-law set crab traps in the bay just off their rocky beach, and tonight we cooked and ate fresh Dungeness crab right there on the beach, throwing the shells back into the waves.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 10:55 pm
@Eva,
Wow, sounds like the perfect way to enjoy some dungeness crab. I'm waiting for the "r" month to enjoy them.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 11:01 pm
@Eva,
I read with enthusiasm. Tell all, tell all.

I miss the northwest, but so it goes.

Eva

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 11:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I won't be here in a month, so August had to do.

Besides, I doubt these crabs would taste any better in 4 weeks. Cool
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 11:11 pm
@MMarciano,
BUTTERBALL?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 11:17 pm
@ehBeth,
You were right to worry wart, my computer had a series of black veils. (No, not blue ones, black..).

Much travail followed.
Complications happened.
Found some guy who could fix it for little.
Sort of like life and death for me, though it's true I could survive sans internet.
Still..
Glad to be back.

I did buy pork loin on sale today, in anticipation of neo guro shaping my macchina up. He showed up late afternoon, stayed around to see it all connected and working. So, like I've got a new saint.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 11:19 pm
@ossobuco,
We also made cole slaw and had fresh Rainier cherries. On the shore. I had spent part of this afternoon sitting on the deck, watching a bald eagle fishing in the bay. Right now, there is a spectacular full moon shining on the water. It got up to 76 degrees here today. (It was expected to hit 108 at home.)

I may not leave.