Dinner tonight - or last night.

ehBeth

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 09:25 pm
roasted turkey breast and swiss on an onion bun - grilled in the panini press

needs more mustard
msolga

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 04:36 am
@ehBeth,
Roasted turkey thigh here .... rescued from the freezer a couple of days ago ...... with a few other vegetables & sliced onion thrown in as well.
Should be ready in about 30 minutes.
And at 8:30 on this Sunday night, I'm hungry!
jcboy

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 03:47 pm
@msolga,
I have a roast in the oven. I have to watch it because I forgot to check the time when I put it in. Going to have mashed potatoes and steamed carrots with it.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 04:03 pm
@jcboy,
did you by chance check the temp when you put it in?

as I recall, last time that was time as well...
jcboy

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 04:08 pm
@Rockhead,
lol yes I did, I set the oven to 325, I think it was around 5ish when I put it in. It's baking with a can of brown mushroom gravy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 04:14 pm
Set is cooking some kinda pasta.

I'm going to have grilled steak (with lots of Franks Hot Sauce) with mine. He's going to have grilled bbq chicken.

Forgot to get veggies ready - I'm going to have salsa and gauc on the side.
MMarciano

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 04:50 pm
@ehBeth,
I think Morgan has mastered the oven, his roast smells wonderful.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 05:58 pm
My roast came out pretty good, the juice made nice gravy for the potatoes. I could get use to this, especially since Marco has to clean the kitchen since I did the cooking.

Antonio cleaned his plate, even the steamed carrots!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 05:59 pm
@jcboy,
Ah, a boy who likes vegetables cooked nicely - great going.
MMarciano

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:09 pm
@ossobuco,
He can make that again anytime too!

I just don't understand how he can dirty up an entire kitchen by making a roast.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:15 pm
@MMarciano,
He'll get more efficient. Could take a while - but he'll catch up, if only because of running out of bowls.

0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 06:18 pm
@MMarciano,
As I always hafta clean up my own messes now, I have adapted to rinsing everything as I use it.

mebbe Antonio could be the rinser guy...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2011 07:11 pm
I made zucchini boats stuffed with a mixture of sweet Italian sausage, egg, breadcrumbs, ketchup, grated romano cheese, grated onion, parsley, s&p and covered with marinara sauce. Bake at 400 for 45 mins. 'twas good!
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 06:09 pm
Morgan made dinner again tonight. I’m not quite sure what it was, tasted like chicken. We ate it, wasn’t half bad.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 06:17 pm
I made a cheapo version of my old standby, lox and basil and ginger pasta, recipe posted here before. Used 1/2 a can of pink salmon sans the liquid in butter and olive oil, something like a 1/2 tsp of powdered ginger, and similar re dried basil leaves. Salt and pepper.

Gah, re my preferences - good lox, fresh garden basil, minced ginger root.
But - it still tasted good.

For both, at the end, I add squeezed limes, the juice sparking it all up.
This is not my recipe but my ex's. I still think the flavors work well.
jcboy

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 05:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Marco made stuffed boneless pork chops, green beans with sliced almonds. Delicious.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 05:40 pm
@jcboy,
I'm going to be making lemon ricotta pancakes to freeze for breakfasts. That's enough with the cooking.

So, I'll probably be having leftover pizza (now frozen), the last triangle of it, and some romaine salad with this and that (olives, capers, bit of cheese, red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing, some parsley)
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 05:46 pm
smoking a peppercorn encrusted pork loin tonight.

tater tots and butter beans...
JPB

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 06:06 pm
@Rockhead,
mmmmmmmmm butter beans!

I roasted a chicken. Make a "rack" out of carrots, celery, and green onions. Added a bit of broth and rested the bird on top. Boiled baby red potatoes on the side and then tossed them into the pan drippings with the veggies after the bird was removed.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 08:13 pm
Set had grilled pork chops and chicken legs ready when I got back from dance class. He had his with cheese bread. I stuck with the protein.