Dinner tonight - or last night.

jcboy

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 08:49 pm
@msolga,
I have a gas line into the house, its for the tankless water heater but it’s on the opposite side if the house so I will need to have a line installed under the house so I can get a gas stove. I just can’t use this electric stove at all.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 08:50 pm
@jcboy,
I hate electric stoves.

(you can't warm a tortilla on them...)

working to put a propane stove in the cabin before winter sets on.
jcboy

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 08:56 pm
@Rockhead,
I know! I really don’t like this electric stove, you can’t tell how hot the oven gets. Drives me crazy.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 09:15 pm
@jcboy,
I'm much more comfortable with a gas stove, too, jcboy.
Maybe because of habit, but I find cooking with gas (especially on the stove top) much more manageable.
I was lost with an electric stove for the short time I had to cook with one, a while ago.

Last I night a friend & I had (bought) fish n chips for dinner at her place, while watching a film on video. (A bit like your dinner last night, jcboy.)
Neither of us, having been hideously sick for a couple of weeks with some dreaded bug which has been doing the rounds here) was up to cooking.
Besides, I argued, I had been having junk food cravings recently, & this might be just the way to dispel those cravings!
Which is exactly what has occurred:
No more fish n chip cravings (burp!) for at least another 4 months, I'd say!
You need a real reminder, every now & then, that junk food is not quite quite what your cravings are telling you it is!
alex240101

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 10:38 am
@msolga,
I have not met a fast food restaurant that I did not like.
Oh moderation.
Then weekends.
jcboy

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 05:00 pm
@alex240101,
After swimming at my friends pool the three of us went out for some sushi. Yakitori and Sexy Man Roll at the Queen and I here in St. Pete.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/Marne444/sushi.jpg
jcboy

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 05:20 pm
@msolga,
Me too! I should have had the line installed when the guy first put in the tankless water heater, now it will probably cost more but I'd still rather have a gas stove.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 05:23 pm
@jcboy,
I remember yakitori - it's been a while.
jcboy

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 05:28 pm
@ossobuco,
It was wonderful! and I love the Queen and I here in St. Pete. Take a vacation and get out here lady Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 05:29 pm
@jcboy,
Great idea but can't. But keep on describing, fun to hear.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 07:48 pm
tonight is a slice of heaven...

slow smoked marinated pork tenderloin with vidalia onions sliced on top.

bob fries and asparagus.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 12:50 pm
Morgan is making hamburgers with mac & cheese tonight, fingers crossed.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 02:33 pm
@MMarciano,
From previously v. slow cooked brisket over garlic/onions and italian spices, soup - the rich defatted jus, small can of ital diced tomatoes and the juice, several cans of water, probably four, some frozen previously cooked black eyed peas somewhat mushed, some new mexican chile powder, broken dried linguini bits, frozen peas, and last, some brisket bits, and some leftover homemade bread chunks frozen earlier.

On the brisket jus, it was quite oniony so I didn't also throw those onions into the soup too. Will use them later on. Maybe on a pizza.

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pot_roast/
jcboy

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh that sounds good! my brisket came out great, they both ate it and Marco had seconds.

I think next time I make one I'll let it cook for 5 hours then make shredded beef burritos, a little bit of diced tomatoes, cheese and salsa.!
ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 04:47 pm
@jcboy,
I agree on the five hours, I think, or maybe 4.5 re my recipe and altitude (we're at mile high here, makes a diff. Me, most of my life has been near sea level).
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 02:29 pm
I’m giving Morgan a break from making dinner tonight since he had a dentist appointment today. I’m making carne asada soft tacos.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 02:39 pm
@MMarciano,
I've been invited to dinner by my electrician's wife.

the three of us...

pork ribs and scalloped taters.

dunno what else, but she gave me a beautiful cantaloupe to bring home for me and smoky.

(her car is broken again)
Dutchy

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 03:32 pm
@Rockhead,
Dining out tonight in a Greek Restaurant. Will look closely at their lamb souvlakis.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 03:32 pm
@Dutchy,
have a baklava for me, D...
Dutchy

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 03:56 pm
@Rockhead,
Probably will, love their sweets. Smile
0 Replies