Dinner tonight - or last night.

Dutchy

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 04:26 am
@msolga,
That sound delicious msolga, on my next trip to your fair City, I might just drop in for a bite. Smile
msolga

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 04:29 am
@Dutchy,
You're most welcome, my good man. I'll throw in extra garlic & chilli, especially for you! Very Happy
Dutchy

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 04:31 am
@msolga,
Thank you my friend, you're very generous.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 04:31 am
@msolga,
... so, what did you have for dinner tonight, Dutchy? Something that used to swim in the ocean? Wink
Dutchy

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 04:38 am
@msolga,
Friday night is fish night. Tonight we had "Chicken Mignon" with vegetables, followed by fresh strawberries (picked them myself today) and ice-cream. Presently enjoying a cappuccino with German Apple Strudel.
msolga

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 04:39 am
@Dutchy,
Mrs D spoils you, Dutchy. Smile
(Sounds delicious!)
Dutchy

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 04:45 am
@msolga,
I reckon I deserve it msolga. Razz
msolga

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 05:11 am
@Dutchy,
Obviously Mrs D does, too! Wink
ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 06:20 am
@msolga,
Burgers and poutine at Harveys last night. Thomas took photos.
msolga

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 02:28 am
@ehBeth,
(I Googled poutine, to find out eaxactly what it was, ehBeth. Now I know.)

Tonight: (Flashbacks to vego days. Smile ) I'm in the process of preparing a dish called Celery Bean Bake - found the recipe in an allergy cookbook, of all places. (No, I don't think I have an allergy to anything in particular. Just thought I'd give this recipe a go.) It's supposed to have cooked soy beans (but I've substituted with Cannellini beans), chopped celery, chopped onion, grated carrot, 2 beaten eggs, with toasted sesame seeds on top. Then baked in the oven for around 35 minutes. Pretty easy.
I'll report back on how it turns out.
msolga

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 06:40 pm
@msolga,
It wasn't half bad! Now I'm going to get out some of my old (pre-ethnic vegetarian) cookbooks & see what else appeals. Last night's dinner made me feel rather nostalgic. Haven't had that sort of food for yonks. Smile
farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 07:46 am
@msolga,
EGGPLANT, GAAAAGGGHHHHH!.
If I were starving in ANtarctica and all I had was eggplant, Id dig me own grave and climb in. God Damn hate the stuff!! I gag it down cause my wife has to get three servings a year or I guess she turns back into a wicked witch. They dont make enough ketchup to drown that flavor and the texture of eggplant.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 04:43 pm
Early birthday dinner for a friend last night:

Clear soup - Asian flavours - fish stock (well, boiled prawn leavings, lemon grass, ginger, kaffir lime leaves,etc.) - strained and bits of fish and prawns, bean sprouts and mint added - bloody good.

Spiced chicken, sort of middle eastern, with spinach, carrots, chick peas, tomatoes, currants, and probably some other stuff tossed in, served with couscous. Easy and tasted great!

Pink fruit salad - watermelon, strawberries, Pink Lady apples, with rosewater and mint.

Banana cake, tea and coffee

Bubbles and red wine.

Good night!
Kara

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 07:41 pm
@margo,
margo <waving> No way that spiced chicken was "easy" although I'll bet it tasted great indeed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 08:15 pm
@margo,
Wow, Margo. I'll be right over...
alex240101

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 08:22 pm
@margo,
My birthday is in June.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 08:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi Osso, totally off topic...I was appreciating again a post card you sent me of the display photo from one of your exhibits. The post card sits by my desktop and I look at it every day.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2009 08:04 am
Steak Sicliano, (no moigu sauce) baked potato, asparagas. Side salad.
Making sure the snickers halloween candy is okay to give out,...for dessert.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 06:39 am
Going onto 11:30 pm & I just had dinner. (A lot of hold-ups tonight.) I cooked something the recipe book calls a "Croustade of Mushrooms" - basically a pie-ish flan creation. The crust: a mixture of flaked almonds, bread crumbs, ground Brazil nuts, grated onion & butter, browned in the oven. Then fried mushrooms (lots of them!) are spooned on top, followed by a layer of soured cream mixed with freshly grated nutmeg. A sprinkle of paprika & back into the oven till warmed through. Verdict: rather nice! Worth the big mess I made in my little kitchen?: No! Absolutely not. Laughing
alex240101

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 07:30 am
@msolga,
Hello msolga. Do you actually shell the Brazil nuts and ground yourself? Heck of a task approaching the midnight hour.
Sounds wonderful.

Broiled flank steak, smothered with sauteed onions that were sauteed until sugar. Baked potato. Last of the green beans.