Dinner tonight - or last night.

Rockhead

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 07:19 pm
stinky thinks he got fed early cuz he's special...

(nope)

salmon paddies full of stuff from the garden and with red and yellow onions in 'em. and a baked sweet tater.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 01:42 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Beef ribs can be fantastic, but they need a seriously long cooking time.

So it seems, ehBeth! I went way over the recommended time in the recipe book, but sadly to no avail. Not a wonderful culinary experience, I'm sorry to say. Sad

Tonight: Msolga's home-made split pea & smoked ham hock soup, from the freezer.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 03:56 am
The remains of last night's chicken curry on steamed rice. Better than yesterday, actually.
panzade

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 06:04 pm
@msolga,
Couldn't face leftovers...not on Sunday night...Picked up the phone and had them deliver some comfort food: Hot Sour Soup and pork lo mein...now where are those chopsticks?
msolga

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 06:07 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
Couldn't face leftovers ....

I know, I know, panzade! I often feel like that! Neutral

Quote:
Hot Sour Soup and pork lo mein...now where are those chopsticks?

Yum!

Enjoy!

Rockhead

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 09:48 pm
@msolga,
tuna-mac... Rolling Eyes

(i work again tomorrow)
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 05:04 am
Rockhead...what is tuna-mac?

You would not want to know what my visual imagination makes of that one...
ehBeth

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 05:13 pm
@Kara,
Set made a nice big pot of lentil soup with sweet Italian turkey sausage. Organic purple carrots and organic carrots were in there too. Verra tasty.

urp
djjd62

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 07:58 am
@ehBeth,
Shocked

i thought for sure you'd be at taste of the danforth
alex240101

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 09:06 pm
Tomatoes are coming, tomatoes are coming.

Threw quartered tomatos, an onion, handful of oregeno, some garlic in a blender. Reduced in pot, added paste,.....doesn't get any better. Hello vermicelli.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 09:10 pm
@djjd62,
Couldn't really do Taste since we had the guest dog over - I didn't really know how the three dogs would do if left alone in the house. In any case, the soup was yum-mo.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 05:07 pm
@alex240101,
my turn to make soup

it's a bit of a cupboard/fridge/freezer clearout special

I started with one sweet onion cut into fine rings, sauteed in a bit of oil, then 3 sliced/diced carrots and one turkey breast cut into small strips with the kitchen shears. Once the onions were brown, the carrots were glossy and the turkey was lightly browned I added about 1/2 cup of Garden Cocktail. After that reduced down a bit, I put in a box of low sodium chicken broth and poached the turkey. Next (is it interesting yet?), about a quarter bag of mini perogies from the freezer (yay! finally done with that package) and a can of reduced sodium healthy choice chicken noodle soup.

It smells so delicious. I want some now!

Crusty buns, and romaine with blue cheese dressing on the side.
littlek

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 09:19 pm
@ehBeth,
That soup sounds good, perogies and all.

I had home made tabooleh (recipe from a Syrian friend) with multigrain pita chips and a turkey-mole burrito.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 09:36 pm
@littlek,
we 3 had baked ham, mashed and cornbread, with a side of corn.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 10:02 pm
@Rockhead,
Staying in the seafood capital of Oz presently so abalone, scallops and lobster with a variety of salads for dinner tonght.
mismi

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 03:15 pm
@Dutchy,
I am making psghetti. Salad - romaine, ceasar salad, garlic bread. LaCrema pinot noir. Basic, yummy...smells amazing.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 03:41 pm
@Dutchy,
yum!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 04:21 am
@Dutchy,
Yum!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 04:31 am
Tonight I'm cooking what the recipe book calls "slow roasted honey & soy pork neck". A surprisingly good looking piece of meat, If I may say so. It's cooked in a flameproof casserole with onion, garlic, ginger, a cinnamon stick, star anise, soy sauce, Chines cooking wine, honey & water. It smells great (with about an hour to go).

Dinner will be late. Because I started cooking rather late. Because I got home rather late. In the meantime, I've made do (to appease my rumbling stomach) with a few Salada biscuits with Brie. I love Brie, but I will be sensible & not ruin my appetite!

Froth

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 08:09 am
@msolga,
I love brie too but had a bought chicken and brie quiche tonight which wasn't very nice.
Last night we had crepes (I buy them frozen I confess) filled with fresh veges, mushrooms and a little bacon in bechamel sauce (family favourite for using up leftover chicken etc as well) . Also sweet potatoes baked in their skins, fresh corn , and fennel sliced and baked with a little thyme and olive oil. I haven't cooked fennel before and was very pleased with it.