Dinner tonight - or last night.

HealthAngel

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 09:30 am
Ribs, rice and beans
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 07:30 pm
Small portion of Red Baron frozen pizza--we do make it hot in the oven--fresh apples, celery, and carrot sticks and the rest of excellent Brie on wonderful thin water crackers daughter sent for Mother's Day while we watch the result show for American Idol.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 07:39 pm
@Foxfyre,
That particular brand "Red Baron" makes the best pizza, don't they?
Another frozen pizza we like is the Italian one from Trader Joe's - nothing
compares to those two!

We had a late lunch and an afternoon indulgence at Coldstone, so it will
be a big salad tonight with Anchovies on the side for me.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 08:39 pm
Caught the minor league NY Mets game tonight at the stadium. Dinner was Nathan hot dogs with lots of sauerkraut, a bag of peanuts and 2 ice cold Buds...the Mets got shelled.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 08:41 pm
Chicken, vegetables.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 08:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
faux beef stroganoff

woulda been more real if we'd checked to see if we had any sour cream in the house before Set started cooking - I went wild - threw in half a tub of balsamic onion dip - tasted amazing!
alex240101

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 09:03 pm
@ehBeth,
I am due for an extra wide egg noodle.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 09:22 pm
@alex240101,
funny you should say that, alex#s...

I had beef and homemade noodles (leftover of course)

and strawberra shortcake (also from scratch, my boss, she likes to bake)
Dutchy

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 10:42 pm
@Rockhead,
KFC takeaways, afterall Detroit Red wings Victorious today. Laughing
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 10:52 pm
pot roast with gravy, potatoes, carrots, and turnip greens. Banana with a scoop of ice cream and a quick line of chocolate syrup for dessert. WTG redwings!
msolga

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 03:39 am
@Foxfyre,
Tonight I dined on last night's baked ricotta & spinach pie. Couldn't summon up the energy to make a salad or steam some vegetables to have with it. (I don't think I could face more ricotta & spinach pie tomorrow night, though there's still heaps of it left in the fridge.)
Foxfyre

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 01:59 pm
@msolga,
I hear ya. When I make something that folks eat but without a great deal of enthusiasm, it seems like that there is enough left over to feed Cox's army but I really REALLY don't want to serve it again. I never seem to make enough of the stuff that people would really enjoy as leftovers though.
msolga

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 03:39 am
@Foxfyre,
Well I made half the quantity (of the recipe), FoxFyre. Even so, there's a quite bit still left after 3 meals. Perhaps lunch tomorrow? That'll get rid of some of it! I hate throwing food away ....

But tonight: a new (for me) dish! "Lamb Bretonne", the recipe book calls it. It is a leg of lamb baked in a mixture of gently fried oinions & garlic, tinned tomatoes in their juice, beef stock & white beens (I'm using Borlotti) ... with lots of slivers of garlic & rosemary stuffed into little cuts in the lamb. I will report back later! (I think I may be eating this one all week! A lot of lamb!)
Dorothy Parker

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 07:08 am
@msolga,
Got some nice lamb steaks for tonight but not sure best way to cook them. Last time I grilled them but the were a bit tough. Any suggestions?

Dutchy

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 04:28 pm
@Dorothy Parker,
Chili/Garlic marinated prawns on skewer done on BBQ tonight, with fresh salads and bottle of white wine!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 05:11 pm
A selection of Thai dishes, Tom Yum Gung, Tom Yum Gai, Thai Fish Cakes, Spicy seafood salad, seasoned chicken and vegetables. Sometimes my place is like living in a Thai restaurant.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/Wilso38/misc/DSC05400.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 06:29 pm
@Wilso,
Terrific photo, Wilso. I envy a dinner like that... (no thai restaurant near me now, when where I used to live in Los Angeles had seven within a few blocks...)

Me, I'm having macaroni and four cheese casserole with sauteed garlic spinach.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 08:13 pm
Great picture Wilso,...I can almost smell the dishes.
Hello ossobuco.

Time to brag. ....and I have never tasted one,..so,...a friend of mine brought me a bucket full of morrell mushrooms. ...Of course a little butter, sauteed will be first. Any recipes that will do them justice?....
Kara

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 08:25 pm
Wilso, I haven't seen you in donkey's...

What is the Thai connection? Great photo. Thai is a new mystique to me...so far, there is no there...what I mean is, are we talking about a totally new style, method, ingredients....or just a new name for ringing a few changes?
Wilso

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 08:31 pm
@Kara,
Kara wrote:

Wilso, I haven't seen you in donkey's...

What is the Thai connection?

My wife is Thai! She's on the left.
0 Replies