Montana

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 01:14 am
I've been engaged 3 times, but never been married <sigh>
0 Replies

moondoggy

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 02:47 am
ohmagod somebody said howard jones

now no amount of love's gonna fix that **** walter

Lurve, its suspicially similar to an anxiety attack don't you think?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 02:48 am
Moony !!!!!
0 Replies

moondoggy

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 02:50 am
Gauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how's the middle stump?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 03:12 am
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahlings!
0 Replies

moondoggy

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 03:38 am
longer that the off stump?
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 05:03 am
It's said that love makes the world go round. So falling in love is a matter of rotation and thus survival
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 05:21 am
Not having much experience with love, I really cannot think of a reason to be honest. But from whatever limited experience I have, I think it is a combination of several factors.

Both my affairs started with sex, plain and simple - they were just one night stand, which were so good that we agreed to do it again. And as time progressed, and we did other things besides u know what, love simply happened.

And one of the most important things were the ability to laugh, heartily, and make me laugh as well....I don't think I can ever fall in love with a grumpy man !!

Moony, middle stump still holding up, waiting for some one to claim it for the victory lap !!! Laughing
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:58 am
Soz, why isn't "Booze" an option in your poll?
0 Replies

Gen

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 10:04 am
I honestly think its not a concious decision. For some it may be but in the instance of my husband and I, it wasn't. For me, I like to think he and I were intended for one another, that it was more than "fate" that drew us together.

Over the years, we have become so close that we don't have to talk. We just know. I can look at him across the table and he would be smiling and making small talk with my parents and I know.. Hes as bored as hell and wants to get out of here. Or vice versa. we just know.

Even when hes in another town. I pick up the phone to call him and his line is busy. Then I try again and its busy again. The third time I get though, only becuase he had just called me twice but my line was busy.

Its just the connection that we have goes beyond love. At times the word "love" seems so... diminished by what I feel for him. Love doesn't express it. Not near enough.

I think we have gone beyond it. To something more. To something on a different level that only thoes who have reached it, can understand. We're insperable. Even by distance.

I think that every person out there, has a relationship like mine waiting for them. Its just not time for them to have it yet. That there are certian events in their lives that they might not have yet experianced or that it was given to them, but their lack of forsight might have made them loose that relationship. But its there. It will eventually cross their path. I only hope when the time comes, that they can see what they have. I would hate for anyone to lose this. Its too magical for them not to.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 10:24 am
Slappy, anything for you (well, except a kidney) but the poll won't take any more options.

Hey there moonie!
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 02:49 pm
Since we're talking soulmate material...I'd go for sympatico-ness, communication and pre-destiney. The two former are all part of the latter!

Smile
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 03:21 pm
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that kidney...fork it over.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 04:07 pm
"In love" is, I believe, a state of chemical insanity and intoxication which essentially evolved to get a kid created, born and walking with two adults around to help look after it - since this state usually lasts about two years.

Love is a whole different ball-game.

As to why we fall "in love" with the people we do, I suspect it is a multi-faceted thing - having to do with chemistry, psychology, luck, chance and opportunity.
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 04:15 pm
dlowan wrote:
"
As to why we fall "in love" with the people we do, I suspect it is a multi-faceted thing - having to do with chemistry, psychology, luck, chance and opportunity.

Well said, dlowan...if I may say so...L Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 04:21 pm
Why, thankee..!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 07:44 pm
hmmmmm i don't really believe in falling in love. I believe in falling in lust and discovering love. If we're nice and kind to all, we may get lucky, and lust and love will happen in the same place. If not, well, better luck next time.

<old and cynical north of the borderline>
0 Replies