Uh Oh, being prayed for may make you sicker.

farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 09:57 pm
well , maybe its not too cunning, but it involves turnips.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 11:45 pm
And dandruff?

It has to have dandruff.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 04:26 am
The problem with the study for these jokers is that it gets into their scam.
These guys make money off of people who they get to believe in "the power".

Quote:
In a hurriedly convened news conference, the study's authors, led by Dr. Herbert Benson, a cardiologist and director of the Mind/Body Medical Institute near Boston, said that But the results, they said, raised questions about how and whether patients should be told that prayers were being offered for them.

Quote:
One reason the study was so widely anticipated was that it was led by Dr. Benson, who in his work has emphasized the soothing power of personal prayer and meditation.

I have to hand it to them, people like Benson, they could be out grifting for short money, but they have figured out a major way to scam both the public and the YOUR government.
Quote:
The study cost $2.4 million, and most of the money came from the John Templeton Foundation, which supports research into spirituality. The government has spent more than $2.3 million on prayer research since 2000.

God bless them.

... the findings were not the last word on the effects of so-called intercessory prayer. ... .
Pass the turnips and dandruffs.

Joe(Thievery at the HIGHest level)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 05:38 am
Any plan that could actually get me to eat turnips would be cunning indeed . . . no plan exists, nor ever will, which would make me pray, nor willingly give any of my cash for such idiocy.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 12:45 pm
How about a plan that gives you dandruff? The stress from knowing where our taxpayer money is going could do worse than just give one dandruff.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 12:46 pm
Take a politician to lunch today and put some ground glass in their sandwich. After hearing John McCain mealy-mouth his way through an interview with Tim Russert on Meet the Press, I'm ready to start administering shock therpy for all politicians.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 05:17 pm
It is a little sad isn't it? What brought this out of John? You would think with the President's numbers in the dumper he would saying that George is irrelevant...wait.... that was the West Wing.

J
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:30 am
I thought I would add Krugman last two paragraphs on McCain from this morning's NYT:
Quote:

Joe(read my signature)Nation
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 09:16 am
They all do it -- it's called "grooming." He may have just had a bad hair day.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:08 am
At the risk of repeating myself, in another thread I wrote:

DeLay's leaving will allow those who deeply desire to solidify the Republican Party's standing as America's first religious political party to have their way.

The present Republican Party's central concerns are not economic, they are moral. Their positions on abortion, homosexuality, evolution, restrictions on science -stem cell research, global warming etc, - based, not on science but on scripture driven beliefs, are all the hallmarks of a religious philosophy.

Whereas Tom DeLay, Dick Armey and Newt Gringrich wanted to accrue and use political power for political ends -lower taxes, smaller government- the ones left standing in the party, led by an evangelical President, are those who would prescribe for us how, and with who, we live our lives based on the Bible's wisdom and not the Constitution.

Joe(be good, my children, or they will come and get you.)Nation

It applies here as well. JN
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:20 am
I prefer Cosmic Ordering.

You write a list of what you want, when you want it, its important to be as detailed as possible.

You then ask the Cosmos to provide and hey presto !
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:26 am
Hey, Joe. I guess it is rather like being given the last rites, so I can understand why many patients would become anxiety ridden.

hiama, where in the world have you been?
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:40 am
Letty,

I've been here all along, admittedly its a different here to the here you are at but its definitely here !
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:54 am
Well, hi. You didn't make me sicker, but you did make me snigger. Razz
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:59 am
Why thank you mam and I trust you are well and in good spirits.

I will attempt to be HERE more often, life just gets in the way sometimes.

Did you hear Gene Pitney just died ?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 05:06 am
Sorry, Joe. Didn't intend to derail your thread.

hiama, I must confess that I had to go to the web to find out exactly who Gene Pitney was. What a surprise to find out that he wrote so many great songs.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 05:15 am
Sorry JOe-my fault Embarrassed
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 05:21 am
We shall pray for you to mend your ways.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 05:23 am
I feel better already !
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 06:41 pm
hiama wrote:
I prefer Cosmic Ordering.

You write a list of what you want, when you want it, its important to be as detailed as possible.

You then ask the Cosmos to provide and hey presto !

Or you picture how you want things to be different, then create the differences.

Gene Pitney was a Connecticut boy, brought up around Rockville (no kidding) whose "Only Love can break a Heart" was played by every high school prom band in Manchester, East Hartford, Glastonbury, South Windsor and Wapping for a generation.

Joe(Tell your unconscious how things are, it only know what you tell it)Nation
0 Replies