My job (depressing so you can skip this if you wnat)

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 08:35 pm
I know! Olga, I almost posted about how funny the image in my mind was.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 08:39 pm
Hi, Seed. It's all quite disheartening...
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 08:44 pm
I don't know you but while I feel for you, nothing I say is going to make things better for you, but you obviously have a lot of people on here who care about you...unfortunately this is something you will have to ride out with your colleagues, who are probably more than likely feeling in the same frame of mind as yourself...good luck and take care
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 10:25 pm
Hey Seed :-)
I wonder what time it is on your end. It's 12:23am here and I'm thinking about you :-)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 03:55 am
blacksmithn wrote:

For what it's worth, I've looked through Montana's bedroom window-- in fact, I'm looking through it now-- and boy, do you have a treat in store!!!

I too have looked through Montana's bedroom window, and I must say that the view over the garden is quite magnificent. It was snowing at the time, so I was doubly glad to be indoors.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 05:36 am
Here I was getting all this action and I didn't even know it :-)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 07:55 am
Re: My job (depressing so you can skip this if you wnat)
Seed wrote:
I hate this war. im tired of people dying. Im tired of seeing pictures of kids wounded or dead. Im tired of going to breifings and seeing slide shows about casuilities and **** like that. Im not even out on the front lines and I still have to see this ****. I hear about people who die everyday, whiether or not they are in my unit. Everyday I pick up the paper I read about some mission gone wrong, or someone caught off guard and endingup with shrapnel in their neck.

I just want to go home right now. I want to believe that we are smart enough to not wipe each other off the face of the earth. Our only downfall is ourself, and from what i see everyday thats the only place that we are going.

Now i know that this is more about the war, but than again im a soldier so the war is my job as sad as that sounds. forgive me if this is the wrong place to post)

It's certainly a tough position to be in, Seed. I wish you could just get out of there & come home, too. I wish there was an end in sight. All the very best to you.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 09:05 am
(((Seed)))

I'm so sorry you are bummed and I totally understand it. I wish you could just quit. Hang in there, we're thinking of you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 10:50 am
Montana wrote:
Here I was getting all this action and I didn't even know it :-)

Lord Ellpus gets that reaction a lot, he's used to it.

Shocked
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 11:11 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 11:27 am
It's 1:26pm, Friday and I'm still thinking about ya, Seed :-)
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 12:08 pm
some silly jokes would be wonderful!

montana's bedroom will always be on my mind Wink thoughts oh home are what keep me going, that and the fact that i have a new born neice to come home and spoil
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 12:09 pm
Hi there sweetie pie :-D
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 12:21 pm
Awww, congrats on the new niece! I have a new baby nephew myself, can't wait to meet him.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 12:40 pm
its 9 40 pm here...

i cant wait to meet my newest family member... she is so beautiful
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 01:05 pm
Awww! A huge congrats to you, uncle Seed :-D
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 01:10 pm
Seed--

Uncles are powerful.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 02:37 pm
Seed wrote:
its 9 40 pm here...

i cant wait to meet my newest family member... she is so beautiful

Congratulations!

I read the posts so far and I think you should be glad you have such wonderful people rooting for you. I'm sorry to hear that you hate your job so much and I sincerely hope you get to go home soon to see your niece.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 02:42 pm
Congrats on your new niece, Seed.

Any ideas on how long your tour is supposed to be?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 02:59 pm
Uncle Seed.

Sounds meaningful.

~~~~~~~~

and a lil seed joke ...

Quote:
The Miracle Seed

We were doing a science lesson on how plants grow. The children all got a chance to plant their own seeds. As the teacher I planted a few extra seeds for the children whose plants do not sprout. After a few weeks of watching them I secretly exchanged a few. The next day one of my students said "Look teacher, it's a miracle, my plant is growing". I said "Yes, seeds sprouting is very exciting". He said," No teacher, that's not the miracle, I ATE the SEED and it is growing anyway!"

0 Replies