What should be done about illegal immigration?

MH1986

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 02:40 am
@Foxfyre,
send every person here illegaly back and hire war vets and our homeless in there place god bless america first before any other country
maxdancona

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 04:32 am
@MH1986,
MH,

You should LEARN ENGLISH before you post here.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 11:56 am
@maxdancona,
That is English, but grammar is not his strong suit. Mr. Green
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 06:16 pm
If we believe that the posters here who proclaim to be Americans and trying to make decisions on illegal immigrants... Please note your fore bearers, also were illegal immigrants..... as far as the American Indians were concerned. Perhaps you should ask them how to sove this problem :-)
Krumple

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 06:22 pm
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:

If we believe that the posters here who proclaim to be Americans and trying to make decisions on illegal immigrants... Please note your fore bearers, also were illegal immigrants..... as far as the American Indians were concerned. Perhaps you should ask them how to sove this problem :-)

Not only do I agree with the above I also say that I feel any and everyone who wants to come to the US should be allowed to get citizenship if they want to live here. Just let everyone. Don't make them jump through hoops. Let them sign a document, get a tax number and let them be off. As it sits now they can live tax free and still get every single amenity. Just make it easy and allow them all. So what if a billion show up. There will be a billion houses to build and they will do jobs no one else wants to do.
spendius

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 08:17 am
@Krumple,
But think of the pressure on land prices Krumpie. Where would the 700 million go on arriving with their belongings in a plastic bag?

Are there really 700 million jobs no-one else wants to do. Like peeling your grapes.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 09:22 am
@tenderfoot,
And if you go farther back, the American Indians were also illegal immigrants. Do you really want to go back that far?
maxdancona

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 09:50 am
@mysteryman,
Ironically, most of the people we call "illegal immigrants" today are American Indians.
0 Replies

katiejjj

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 04:39 am
@Foxfyre,
In my opinion i believe that illegal immigration is a very big problem in the UK. Those who are here illegally, should be given 60 days to BEGIN the process to become legal citizens. If they can prove they have been working, and committed no other crimes, some penalty in the form of a fine should accompany the process of legalization. Those who after 60 days who have not even begun the process should be rounded up and deported. Continue to provide services as present but after 60 days, one must be in the process to obtain services.
I don't mind any immigrant coming to the UK as long as they pay their taxes and give back something to the country, there has to be a limit on this though we don't want to end up with millions more brits without jobs because they've all been given to foreigners.
Most immigrants that come to the UK,use the benefits system and claim this and that and have never contributed to the country and draining the benefits system dry, these are the people we should ask to leave the country, so they don’t claim benefits and take our jobs.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 05:28 am
@katiejjj,
katiejjj wrote:
Most immigrants that come to the UK,use the benefits system and claim this and that and have never contributed to the country and draining the benefits system dry,

That's the sort of bullshit normally spouted in The Daily Mail. Most immigrants come to the UK to work.

Quote:
these are the people we should ask to leave the country, so they don’t claim benefits and take our jobs.

So what is it? Are they claiming benefits or taking jobs?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 11:28 am
@izzythepush,
That's the same song and dance we used to get in the US; immigrants are taking jobs from us, and getting free food and medical care.

Heck, the jobs the immigrants work in are in the service industry like restaurants and farms where they work very hard where they earn pennies on the dollar. If they didn't fill these jobs, our farms would have crops left on the vines, and 50% of our restaurants would close!

People forget; we're all "immigrants" from other countries; only Native Americans are the original inhabitants of this country.

Small minds, small complaints, and no solutions.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 11:57 am
@izzythepush,
"As at February 2011, 16.6% of working age UK nationals were claiming a DWP working age benefit compared to 6.6% of working age non-UK nationals (at the time they first registered for a National Insurance Number)." Source: Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 02:56 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I bet if you examine the benefits of that 6.6% you'll probably find they're working benefits like child benefit.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 02:56 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I bet if you examine the benefits of that 6.6% you'll probably find they're working benefits like child benefit.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 04:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's the same song and dance we used to get in the US; immigrants are taking jobs from us, and getting free food and medical care.

Heck, the jobs the immigrants work in are in the service industry like restaurants and farms where they work very hard where they earn pennies on the dollar. If they didn't fill these jobs, our farms would have crops left on the vines, and 50% of our restaurants would close!

People forget; we're all "immigrants" from other countries; only Native Americans are the original inhabitants of this country.

Small minds, small complaints, and no solutions.

We need to close up the borders and other entry points. The illegals are definitely job-takers. For instance, 42 percent of the jobs in construction are held by illegals. These use to be relatively well-paid and desirable to citizens. Now, a contractor cannot compete if he or she hires citizens.

There are an enormous number of illegals where I live, and they take the vast majority of labor-intensive work. There are a lot of citizens who need those jobs, but they are forced to go on food stamps, seek emergency funding, etc.

I live in a very large community employing many landscaping people. I am sure that every one is an illegal.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 04:50 pm
We need to also close the anchor-baby racket. Entrepreneurs are actually setting up maternity hotels catering to alien pregnant women who want their child to be born in the USA. Then, the child can get a good, free, education, and later legally bring in the parents and other relatives.

Citizenship for the child is not as definite as it seems, despite the wording in the constitution. For instance, there is an exception for the children of foreign diplomats. If necessary, the constitution should be amended relative to this issue.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 05:01 pm
@Advocate,
Why? We need immigration to keep our demographics well-balanced by age.
Ice Demon

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 02:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Becauth he'th a conthervative.
A bit too old fashioned, in the political spectrum, for today's world.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 04:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Why? We need immigration to keep our demographics well-balanced by age.

Even if one accepts that as true it is not an argument for tolorating no skill/low skill mexicans whe resist/refuse to learn english. We can do better, at the very least we should auction off entry rights.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 04:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're a racial bigot! Have you ever worked with Mexicans? I have; they are hard workers and family oriented. I go to Mexico often, because I love their people, and everybody is an amigo. They have a huge middle class who live better than many Americanos. Their architecture, music, and art is beautiful, and their resorts are some of the best where one can enjoy good food, drinks, and history.

Quote:
Uploaded on Oct 19, 2011
http://MexicoToday.org
With increasing per capita income, the aspirations of the 35 - 45 million Mexican middle class are similar to the middle class in the United States. They have become more educated and want a better future for their kids. Multinational companies are reaching out to these Mexican families looking to buy cars and a wide range of consumer products. As Shannon O'Neil, (Douglas Dillon Fellow for Latin America Studies, Council on Foreign Relations) said: The emergence of the middle class is a game changes for the Mexican economy.