Life...so tough Or Continuing Airport Saga

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 12:41 am
oh, did i mention how much i hate people with plastic and paper bags rustling them into my ear? they are EVERYWHERE, and they tend to circle right around me. Grrrrrr.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 03:02 am
dagmaraka wrote:
...but not the chemistry one.. vlado... or was he?

I dont remember their names, but it didnt look like the 'chemistry' one was among them ... but then, what do I know ... ;-)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 03:05 am
dagmaraka wrote:
i am a shy introverted person, i swear. and i'm off for the airpot, very humbly so.

OK, I'm gonna give you "reserved", but "introverted" yer not gonna get away with ... ;-)

<rustles>

dagmaraka wrote:
and you can just go whistle, as we say.

Hey, we say that too: "you can whistle after that", when you know, forget about it, its gone, you've lost it, tough luck.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 01:53 pm
honey, i ain't the one to dump my feelings on the first person i meet. in fact, when i meet new people, i tend to close down. i prefer to mind my business and solve things on my own rather than 'talk'. you know, talk about issues. i think i know what i'm saying when i say i am indeed introverted. online is quite a different universe, but in person it is so.

so... guess who's suitcase got damaged on the way back? yup, mine and ONLY mine from the entire plane. Two other people were missing their luggage, but they boarded late. My NEW suitcase (bought in december, used once) got its wheel ripped off and couple tears around). they gave me 50 bucks, but i did have to take a cab instead of the subway as I was planning, which was 30. Aarrgh, hope i can get a wheel replaced for 20 or thereabout. i am one lucky girl.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 02:53 pm
Damn, this was the trip from hell! Except for the good parts, of course.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 05:42 pm
yes. it was also a good exercise in stoicism. i swear i didn't even raise an eyebrow when my suitcase arrived all limping and cripled. i think that's what mothers must feel like. just do what has to be done this very moment, those are all just perishable material posessions. who cares about money, let's focus on sanity.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 07:11 pm
Good news about the trip back being kosher. Still.....710? How does that work? Is that the flight from Vienna to Luthtlbluba?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 07:38 pm
Amazingly, Dag is very shy in person. When dys and I met a goup of a2kers in Boston, she sat next to dys and didn't say a word. He was sooo disappointed as he has a little crush on her. Then again, maybe she thought he was a dirty old man?

Dag, you are one of the most exciting people I've ever known. What a life, wonderful and crazy even with all the sh!t that you sometimes have to endure.

Loved your list of things you shouldn't do. Wanna bet you change?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 07:40 pm
Why on earth would she think something like that?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 08:58 pm
Well, apparently my mother was quite like me. Always late, running around...

Rumour has it that she was late for one of the first dates with my dad - over an hour. He was so flabbergasted that when she got there, he drove straight through a pedestrian zone an incurred a massive ticket. But they're still together, so she must have had another charms...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 07:28 am
ok, perhaps we have different definitions of "introverted"...
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 07:41 pm
I like that story, dag!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:23 pm
which part? in any case, i have concluded my Karma was out sick. I was just open without any defense out in the ring and kept getting hit. But I'm back baby, I'm back!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:12 pm
Actually, I was talking about the story of your dad driving through a traffic light and getting a ticket because he was so suprised to see your mom finally show up for the date! Razz
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:41 pm
oh yeah, there's plenty. it wasn't even a red light, it was a pedestrian corso - a walkway for pedestrians only THROUGH a building....

he got back at her many times. They wanted to get into the botanical garden, my dad claimed the gate is closed. So my heroic mother climbed the fence, ripped her miniskirt, and while she was hanging stuck up there, he opened the gate and walked through. She was pissed for a long time.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 04:50 pm
LOL!!! That story's even better!
0 Replies