Life...so tough Or Continuing Airport Saga

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 06:48 pm
Hope to make you smile, Dag -

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQADA!QWLGpzuoNLxz5pk0sSfcwXosKzWIS8vQUZGl5MSU2zKFX8m8gDAAumBivElAI5xZ96!W3NqOKJdatNLHdPNQEQL!sTVa8sLArq766y3ro4RXRRuw/2006_03_28boocart3.jpg

We had our first round of Boo-therapy today. It will take some time before she can really use this thing. Notice how she is backed up to the little border of rocks for support.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 06:59 pm
l'k - that's fantastic!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 07:00 pm
I'll post to the baby dog thread....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:20 pm
Well, I had the one and only one day at home and it was as swell as it could be. I visited my friends at the foreign policy assocition, two of whom are my ex-boyfriends. now good friends. though there is still some, actually immense, chemistry with one of them, but we'll just leave that be. these friends (three young gents) dropped me off at home - i tried to lure them inside, as my parents were expecting them to drop by, i called that they are driving me, and my dad pulled some wine out of the cellar, and they changed out of 'home' clothes... but my friends didn't want to interrupt family festivities (my dad's name day). so i had a fantabulous dinner with my parents - duck, lokshe (flat pancakes made out of potato dough) and cabbage, and then we chatted for hours over wine - just old memories, i was also interviewing my dad about the fifties... for work and out of my own interest. he was a fast rising star in the communist party back then - made it to be the chief ideologue of czechoslovak part, until he was fast shut down during the soviet invasion he disagreed with and following 'normalization'. the latter period i know plenty about, i lived it, but we never discussed the fifties. my dad is perhaps even more reserved than i am, so these close and personal talks are rare and much much cherished. now i'd better sleep, catching a plane in the morning. i hope it will be a smoother sailing than on the way here...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:23 pm
You're reserved?

Glad you had some down time, sleep well!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:30 pm
well, in one-on-one, real-life, real-time conversations, yes, i am plenty reserved. ... or is that obvious and you're joking?

i slept 13 hours last night, still was tired today, but didn't let that get in the way. geeze, i wish i could stay a week or a month!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:31 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
I visited my friends at the foreign policy assocition, two of whom are my ex-boyfriends. now good friends. though there is still some, actually immense, chemistry with one of them, but we'll just leave that be. these friends (three young gents) dropped me off at home

Those the guys who were there when I visited? (Curious about who's who ;-))
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:45 pm
heh, one ex and one friend were there... so two of the three, yes.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:46 pm
...but not the chemistry one.. vlado... or was he?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:20 pm
See you tomorrow Dag!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:22 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
well, in one-on-one, real-life, real-time conversations, yes, i am plenty reserved

who are you?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:43 pm
Maybe we need to define 'reserved'.....?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:15 pm
Reserved means she'll wait for the director's opinion before performing topless in a theatrical hot tub.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:24 pm
<heehee>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:55 pm
i am a shy introverted person, i swear. and i'm off for the airpot, very humbly so.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:02 pm
Bon voyage!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:16 pm
siyanara sucker
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:20 pm
Come home safely...If I recall correctly, sometimes they give shy people an extra packet of pretzels.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:22 pm
I think they give topless people 10 extra packets of peanuts, though...

(Have a good trip!)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 12:40 am
Thank you, thank you. Well, will I get 11 packets if I am shy AND topless? I hope so.

I am at Vienna airport, they let me in, though I was worried - wasn't sure my return flight will still be ok if i did not board the flight to canada on the way here. sometimes they cancel the whole thing and you can just go whistle, as we say. since the university paid the more expensive single ticket i had to buy at the last moment, the final damage will be 'only' $710 total. Well, better than $1500, I suppose. Feels almost like Christmas! Ok ok, gotta go board the flight. See y'all from Boston.
0 Replies