I have 4 kids and am pregnant with 2 more.

Chumly

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 01:55 am
Two words: Anal Sex Embarrassed
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 07:42 am
He wants 10 children. And he imagines he can support them on one (fireman's) wage? (You'll be kept very busy looking after them, so work is out for you.) Apart from it being some cherished dream he might have of an ideal family, has he explained to you why he thinks this is such a good idea? I just had another thought: imagine the cost of educating all those children. Momma mia!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 08:22 am
or the cost of diapers for one month........
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 08:24 am
I'd be interested in reading the initial poster's response to sozobe's questions.

<Denmark, etc>
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 08:34 am
Re: I have 4 kids and am pregnant with 2 more.
mjmm14 wrote:
....I jus turned 32 and I have 4 kids and I am pregnant with 2 more....

So, to have 4 more (assuming no more multiple births), it'll take at least until you are 35, 36, possibly older. Let's be realistic, though, and say that needy babies are a mood killer and/or you're too tired or whatever so you actually end up having #10 when you're 40.

So that means that the last one is out of the house when you are at least 58, but probably more like 60, 61. And then, of course it's time for retirement.
Oops, but it's not time for retirement because you have no savings, the house was never paid off and perhaps somewhere in there you have a disabled child who will never be fully independent of you (hey, it's not like that never happens, plus people can become sick or injured and the same thing happens).

Oh yeah, this is a stellar plan.

Time to talk to your husband. Time to show him just how much it's all costing. Time to show him how hard it is to raise the children you have. Time to show him that escaping out to work is a nice option if you can -- but in the meantime, the escaper shouldn't have as much of a dominant say in how things are at home. He's not there all day. He's not nursing, changing, carpooling, feeding lunch, cleaning up, going to parent-teacher conferences, etc.

I used to work with a woman with 5 daughters. She was over 50 and they were all grown and independent. But B___ always said it was a lot of work. She loves her daughters but a sixth one would have knocked their budget out of the park. It would not have been possible. A child would have been forced to not go to college, or they would have done without, etc. So to her the five were the absolute limit.

You get a chance to say no to this. Heck, you've been a lot more accommodating than other people would have been. But it's time to put your foot down and say enough is enough.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 09:02 am
Geez, what's up with this guy? You've got to put your foot down. It's not fair on the children, because no way in Hell can you both support all the children financially and have them all go through college. You're limiting their ability to do well in life.
0 Replies