I have 4 kids and am pregnant with 2 more.

mjmm14

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 11:10 am
Hi my name is Jennifer and I am new to this whole thing but I need a little help. Me and my husband have been married for 14 years. I jus turned 32 and I have 4 kids and I am pregnant with 2 more. I have 2 girls and 2 boys. My husband who is 33, is a firefighter and works during the day. My girls are 3 and 4 and my boys are 14 and 12. They at least are in school during the day. The problem is that my husband wants to have 10 kids, but he wants me to take care of them. I am having a really hard time trying to purswad him not to want so many children. Does anyone have any advise?

Thank,
Jenn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,385 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 11:19 am
Persuade? Who wants 10 kids in the 21st century? People used to have a jillion children in the old days because they knew a few would die because medicine wasn't so advanced. Put your foot down, you're not a baby machine.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 11:22 am
Tie a knot in his hose?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 11:24 am
Hi Jennifer,

Yeah, it really seems like if there is going to be persuasion, it would be your husband trying to persuade you to have 10 kids -- and you have power of veto.

You're the one who is giving birth to them and, in large part, raising them.

Sounds like you got pregnant when you were 17 or 18, and got married because you were pregnant (?). Did you agree to having 10 kids before you got married? When did the 10 kids thing start coming up? WHY does your husband want 10 kids...?
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 11:27 am
I can't tell if this is a legitimate posting...yet.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 11:44 am
Perhaps try this tactic. Have him stay home with the kids and take care of them all day on his days off. You go off do some sort of easy job on these couple of days, or go out and exercise, spend time on your own. Tell him if he does this little thing 2 days a week for you, then you may consider having 10 children.

Believe me after one day - you will not have any more discussions around having more children.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 11:47 am
Birth control is always an option.

And , even if it is a backhanded thing to do, you dont have to tell him you are taking it..
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 11:52 am
Why stop at ten?
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 12:49 pm
Good point. She's already had a litter, what's a few more?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:26 pm
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a large family....provided you want one.
And you don't.

You have several options here.

1) Tell your husband to go screw himself because you are not having more babies.

2) Get on birth control, with or without telling him.

3) Leave him because he obviously doesn't care enough about you to respect your wishes regarding your body.

4) Have all the kids he wants and be miserable for the rest of your life.

I have to wonder....didn't you know this before getting married, that he wanted a big family? Did you think he'd change his mind? Normally, people don't change their minds about kids and it's a deal breaker for a lot of people because you just have to agree on whether or not to have a family or how many kids you do want.

I am not saying this is your fault but it seems to me that you must have known how many kids he wanted before marriage.

I also have to wonder what the hell kind of guy you married to even want to try and persuade you to have more kids than you want. It's absurd and silly and to be honest with you, if my husband tried to force me to have kids, I'd make it so he couldn't have any (read here, bust his balls).

Ok back to the options.

It kinda sounds like you don't stand up to your husband ever. True? If not, maybe this is the chance for you to reclaim your identity and stand up for yourself. Maybe tell him that you are going on birth control or are getting your tubes tied and that you gave him a family so he needs to back off. 6 kids is nothing to scoff at.

But no matter what I say, I keep thinking that it all comes back to his not respecting your wishes. Not even caring that you don't want anymore babies. And your apathy towards preventing any more pregnancies.

You must either stand up for yourself or have the babies he wants. It's that simple.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:58 pm
Bella - I wonder if she really wanted a large family to begin with also. But now that she realizes how much work it is without much help for hubby could immediately change a mind quickly.

I once thought I would love to have a household of children (when I was young and naivee) of course. Now 2 kids sometimes seems like too much.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 02:00 pm
Linkat wrote:
Bella - I wonder if she really wanted a large family to begin with also. But now that she realizes how much work it is without much help for hubby could immediately change a mind quickly.

I once thought I would love to have a household of children (when I was young and naivee) of course. Now 2 kids sometimes seems like too much.

Could be but sounds to me like he is the one wanting this gigantic family.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 02:02 pm
Then again, there's the story about the census taker who asked the West Virginia girl how many kids she wanted to have when she grew up and got married, and she replied "No more than four."

"What's wrong with five?" the census taker asked, and the girl replied that the almanac said that every fifth child born in the world was chinese...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 02:05 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 02:11 pm
10 kids?! Where's he from, Appalachia?

Sounds like he equates the size of his family with the size of his manhood.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 03:25 pm
mjmm14- There is 8 years between your two sets of kids, and NOW your husband decides that he wants 10 kids. Listen to the advice that the others have given you. It does not look like he is considering what YOU want. Have you discussed this with him, or has he made a unilateral decision?
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 08:35 pm
Two words.... Over Population.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 08:36 pm
screw that..

10 kids?

ONE WORD

prozac...

Laughing
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 08:50 pm
Prozac won't help.

3 words: birth control pills.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 01:42 am
Look him straight in the eye and say "for God's sake man, it's a vagina, not a clown car." If that doesn't work; try "no".
0 Replies