Finally Visiting NYC!!

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 08:20 am
Ok New York A2K'ers...I am finally going to visit NYC! It's on business for only one night so that sucks a lot but I will actually be able to say I've been to NYC. I am very excited and am staying at the Affinia Dumont at 150 East 34th St.

Is this a nice place to stay? My boss stayed at the Affinia Manhattan and said it was kinda old and icky.

Also, is there anything nearby that I can visit after work? I will be either at the hotel or at the office at 530 Fifth Ave.

Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,114 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:23 am
Where are all the New Yorkers????
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 10:37 am
You might try here:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,25689-2099856,00.html

Perhaps New Yorker's hibernate. I was in the city last week, but A2K members were all invisible.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 10:59 am
I'm here. If you can pay the small fee of pleasuring me all night long, you can stay at my apartment for free.

I've been pretty busy lately, but I'll get back to this thread when I have more time. I know lots of places in that area.

By the way, is that Littlek's dog you have as an avatar?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:32 am
where u been?

that there is Zoe!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 07:17 pm
Oh ****. I'm so out of the loop. Cool dog.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 07:20 pm
Bella better pleasure you all night long. Heck, all that "flirting" online?

And we don't want to hear that "I'm married" crap. It's not cheating if it's out of zip code, Bella.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 12:19 am
Hey that's cool Bella. You beat me to starting this thread. I live about 2 hrs from NY and have been thinking about planning a day trip just to get out of the house for awhile. I've always wanted to go there. I have no idea where to go or what to do though. I was hoping there might be some good suggestions from those who live there. I'll be watching this with interest. Smile Have fun.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 12:24 am
Watch that, Slappy, you're talking about a friend of mine.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 04:53 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Perhaps New Yorker's hibernate. I was in the city last week, but A2K members were all invisible.

Noddy- I will be doing my annual visit to the big apple some time this summer. I won't know until about a few weeks before. My doc's secretary can never give me a definite appointment until then.

I will let you know when I am going to be in the city, and I will let you know. Maybe we can get together.

Hep- If you can get away during that time, perhaps we can all hang out!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 07:03 am
cicerone imposter wrote:

yeah

i feel sorry for kicky too.. Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 12:09 pm
For those who don't know about it, here's a long running thread by ehBeth about going to New York..

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43309
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 12:22 pm
http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/Slum_South_Bronx_3_small.jpg

That's the Affinia Dumont in the foreground, Bella. It's not a bad place to stay.

The restrooms are fairly clean and they leave a mint on your pillow.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 02:26 pm
Phoenix--

Sounds good.
0 Replies

Krekel

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 02:48 pm
New York really is the capital of the western world (or at least from a European perspective), maybe even the Mecca of the western world, take a look at this sentence: 'I will actually be able to say I've been to NYC' Which implies it is a good thing, or even a quality, when a person has visited the city of New York. It's like a pilgrimage.

As with muslims, who see having visited Mecca as a quality in a person, it isn't about the experiences of the visit itself anymore ... it's about the status a person acquires after having visited New York or Mecca.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judgemental about this, I mean, I always feel kinda cool as well when I say I've visited New York. It makes me feel like a man of the world, you know, an intellectual, even. And I guess I'm not the only one ... But it's a weird phenomenon though ... isn't it?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 02:50 pm
It really is. There is something inherently cool about New Yorkers and visiting New York.

I don't know why...but you are right.
0 Replies

Krekel

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 02:56 pm
Thanks for the support, I immediately thought I might have posted a weird thought ... but I guess New York just really is attractive.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 03:11 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm watching it.

Bella's my friend, too. She's like my 23rd bestest friend on the internet.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 03:18 pm
Quote:
New York really is the capital of the western world (or at least from a European perspective), maybe even the Mecca of the western world, take a look at this sentence: 'I will actually be able to say I've been to NYC' Which implies it is a good thing, or even a quality, when a person has visited the city of New York. It's like a pilgrimage.

Krekel- I am a former New Yorker, who now lives in Florida. I still feel like I am a New Yorker, and really look forward to my annual visit.

The funny thing is, that even in Florida, you hear the words "New York" very often, in many contexts. You rarely hear the names of other US cities. New York is really an amazingly unique place, unlike anwhere in the US, or even the entire world!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 03:22 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm watching it.

Bella's my friend, too. She's like my 23rd bestest friend on the internet.

Awww, Slappy....
0 Replies