Finally Visiting NYC!!

Krekel

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 03:48 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Krekel- I am a former New Yorker, who now lives in Florida. I still feel like I am a New Yorker, and really look forward to my annual visit.

The funny thing is, that even in Florida, you hear the words "New York" very often, in many contexts. You rarely hear the names of other US cities. New York is really an amazingly unique place, unlike anwhere in the US, or even the entire world!

It really is, plus, I think most people feel right at home in New York. I felt it, and I wasn't the only one. Most other people have felt this too. And it's not just the language which separates it from Beijing or Paris, I've been in London and several U.S. cities, they speak (as you know) English over there too, but never have I felt as much at home as in New York. When I was in Memphis, Houston or in Reading (pa.), I felt I was in the U.S., but when in New York, you feel like you're in New York ... not in the U.S., but in New York ... the capital of the world!

Or, at least, that's how I've experienced New York.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 03:54 pm
Krekel- One of the things that I love about New York is its "electricity". The energy that the city exudes is palpable. I find that so exciting, although I don't think that I would want to deal with it on a daily basis now.
0 Replies

Krekel

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 03:59 pm
Yeah ... the vibe ... Very Happy
0 Replies

Krekel

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 04:01 pm
By the way, I've always liked Conan and Letterman more, a lot more, then I liked Leno ...

... coincidence, I think not!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 05:05 pm
And the ridiculously expensive cab rides. Those are the best.

NYC is pretty amazing. I have to get back again soon, and do something better than the Times Sq./tour Empire State Building crap, like I did last time. Eh, actually it wasn't crap, still did some cool things.
0 Replies

Krekel

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 05:11 pm
NY is actually very cheap compared to Amsterdam, coffee- and cabwise at least. Not rent. Two coffee and two bagels in Amsterdam: about 10 to 15 dollars ... in New York: even 5 dollar would be too much.
0 Replies