What about B.O.B?

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:13 pm
Uh flushd, do you have a link? And, uh, uh, it's, uh, it's for a friend. Embarrassed
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:27 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Nimh,

I would say it would be safe to say that I bet most of your girlfriends did, indeed, have a Bob. Some are more comfortable with letting their partners know about it than others.

Uhmm, no... I mean, yes I can see that point! But no ... My first two gf's were practically newbies and were <ahem> at least as naive as Heph <ducks> ... whereas the third one had nooo hesitation in sharing most anything when it came to sex. Believe me, she'd have used it Shocked Razz

Sure liked the latter better... <sighs>

As far as the others, you know, the ones that I was with for the one time or a coupla days or every now and again through the years or (once) a coupla months - sure, probably, whatever, I guess so! Very Happy

Still tho .. one more stupid n geeky question (hey, youse a geek or you're not) ... when did y'all buy yer first ones?

Asking cause there's been, like, a veritable boom at least in the writing and talking about it (in endless womens mags and teen mags and chat shows and sitcoms - Sex in the City!), in Holland anyway, in, like, the past ten years or so... (America's probably got a few years advance on us..)

I mean, suddenly you got to have, like, women-friendly sex toy shops (away from the seedy old-style ones), a for-women postal order co. ("Mail & Female") was started and grew big (in the years just before the Internet), explanations on how to use 'em in teen magazines, you got all that ... but all in, like, the mid-90s onwards?

So what do you think, did that all actually boost sales and use too, or did it just bring into the open what always had already existed and been used? I remember an interview with the owner of that for-women sex toy shop saying that suddenly, it wasnt just confident late-twenty and thirty-something career women coming in anymore, but schoolgirls, older women...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:31 pm
Nimh wrote:

Quote:
My first two gf's were practically newbies and were <ahem> at least as naive as Heph <ducks> ...

So nimh... are you coming to the A2K gathering? Hmmmm?

Cause if you are... I'm gonna kick your booty buddy!

Bwaaaaaaa hahaha!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:34 pm
Nimh,

I think it's just something coming out in the open that has been there forever. I remember my mom had one and that was over 40 years ago.

My husband at the time bought me my first one. Now, there are novelty shops that you can get them in at malls, etc.

Now, I'm not embarrassed buying one. Like I said, you either do it or you lie about it. And that person behind the counter probably has a supply of her own.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:34 pm
I was gonna edit 'n' add ...
nimh wrote:
But no ... My first two gf's were practically newbies and were <ahem> at least as naive as Heph <ducks>
(hey, we were young, and sex ed wasnt what its like now even just back in the 80s..)

(ie, it wasnt just them who were naive.. Embarrassed Ahh, the waste Evil or Very Mad )

Heph, that a promise?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:38 pm
late 1970's (in my early 20's)

here ... http://www.lovecraftsexshop.com/

still one of the coolest places around
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:49 pm
Acksully, nimh, I think mebbe it all started with Xaviera Hollander - or at least around that time.

And, speaking as a Amurricun, I just wanna say thanks to you Nederlanders for her - and, oh, yeah ... while I'm thinking about it, thanks for gin, too.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:53 pm
Now there's a name I have not heard in years! Xaviera Hollander. I read all her books. Uh, I mean someone told me about her books. Uh, uh........................ Embarrassed
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:53 pm
Ha!

Being a geek is funny sometimes ... Laughing

Quote:
All indications are that sales of sex toys in this country [Canada] are soaring.

Quote:
The biggest market for "sexessories" is middle class couples, 35 and older, in a committed relationship.

Thats from this scary article - Shocked - ok, so buy the expensive high-quality stuff, 'k?!

Quote:
According to the China Sex Health Committees, the annual sale volume of sex products in China exceeded 100 billion yuan (US$12 billion) in 2003, a figure still rising by 30 per cent annually.

Sales of sexual potions and medicines amounted for 50 to 60 billion yuan (US$6 to 7.2 billion) a year. Sales of sex toys and vibrators have also been rising since 2000.

Thats from an article about sex toys in China (!), in which one Professor (straddling the fence between market popularity and state puritanism?) defends sex toys as "a better choice for safe sex and self-discipline"! Razz

Quote:
There aren't hard numbers specific to the sales of sex toys, but the best estimates put the figure at around $1 billion. Pure Romance has seen sales from their parties increase from $1.7 million in 2000 to a projected $46.2 million this year. That's nearly a 3,000 percent increase in four years, for those of you keeping score.

That paragraph in this article ends with a deadpan "All of which must also be good news for the battery industry." Laughing
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:56 pm
nimh wrote:
I was gonna edit 'n' add ...
nimh wrote:
But no ... My first two gf's were practically newbies and were <ahem> at least as naive as Heph <ducks>
(hey, we were young, and sex ed wasnt what its like now even just back in the 80s..)

(ie, it wasnt just them who were naive.. Embarrassed Ahh, the waste Evil or Very Mad )

Heph, that a promise?

Of course it is... I am a woman of my word... :wink:

Bwaaaaaaaa hahaha!
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:58 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Acksully, nimh, I think mebbe it all started with Xaviera Hollander - or at least around that time.

And, speaking as a Amurricun, I just wanna say thanks to you Nederlanders for her - and, oh, yeah ... while I'm thinking about it, thanks for gin, too.

Whew... timber... might wanna slow down on that thar gin... lol pretty soon this is the only response we'll be seeing from you....

fjsd ala ;ghreio wrusdfljkg hjkf'jsfj ruq oturut nv cm vfd

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:03 pm
More...

Quote:
Jimmyjane is riding the wave of sex toys that are showing up in as many as half the homes in America through the likes of passion parties and wholesome online stores [..]. According to a study conducted by condom maker Durex in 2004, 46 percent of American women own vibrators. Adult Video News, the leading trade publication for the adult industry, recently reported that sales of sex toys have increased by a staggering 25 percent or more each of the past few years.

From this article, about the surge of design vibrators, "as attractive as jewelry"..
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:05 pm
timberlandko wrote:

Ha! Actually, a friend/former colleague of mine is a friend of hers... ah, so close to fame and greatness! Razz
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:15 pm
hephzibah wrote:

Whew... timber... might wanna slow down on that thar gin... lol pretty soon this is the only response we'll be seeing from you....

fjsd ala ;ghreio wrusdfljkg hjkf'jsfj ruq oturut nv cm vfd

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh, I can get there, but it takes a helluva lotta time, effort, and application ... really gotta maintain focus, avoid all distraction, and seriously work at it.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:19 pm
Not me! I'm a cheap date... three beers and I've hit my limit for awhile... if I drink them quick that is... One long island ice tea... I'm a gonner! LOL Razz
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:21 pm
Oh no! Not Long Island Ice Tea! Oh wow, talk about memories. You guys better stop! Shocked What a bad influence you are! Laughing
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:22 pm
hehehe...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:24 pm
Just happy to see you smile, Heph!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:29 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
But I do have a few words of caution against over use. You may find yourself becoming desensitized and enjoying the real thing less if you go too nuts.

Good point Bill. Direct contact with the clitoris can cause temporary desensitization (is that a word?). It isn't permanent but should you have sex between sessions, you might need twice the stimulation as normal to climax.
Precisely. Which for some is no big deal... others it becomes akin to pushing an elephant up the stairs. Lot of work, that.

justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Like all forms of masturbation; give yourself a break when approaching opportunities for actual human contact (hint, hint :wink:).

He certainly can't be talkin' to me, can he?

I don't do it that much ..... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/notme.gif
Ehhhhhhh…. Ummmmm…. No, not at all… :wink:
Damn that girl is perceptive. Sexy, too...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:35 pm
Back when I first met the lady who now is Mrs Timber, I had a business interest in a couple taverns. Our first "official date" was her accompanying me to a monthly Tavern Owners' Association meeting/dinner, an affair which inevitably turned into a serious pub crawl, each owner by turns inviting the others to his/her place for "a round on the house". That evening, I discovered Mrs Timber was not a practiced drinker. Her distress and humiliation wasn't lessened a bit by my assurances to the effect a retching, barely ambulatory, nearly incoherent date didn't bother me at all. I even told her she'd likely get to see me equal if not better her performance a time or two.

No sex that night.
0 Replies