Doodle Hi hey
Doodle Hi Doodle hi
Doodle Hi hey

(Not so original writing)

For Nellie Gump :wink:
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 01:03 am
*For Jim (the one in Mathos' poem). Your character inspired me Mathos.
This is totally original writing...and I did it all by myself too.What a novel concept, huh? It's called Encountering Pricks, and just basically outlines what one (a woman in particular) might do or say or feel when she does (if it's a prick she's not interested in Laughing for whatever reason- of course if it's a prick she's interested in, the story would turn out really, really differently). Maybe I'll write a sequel sometime.
I thought it was important to do, beneficial and informative - a needed service- because believe it or not - it happens quite often-women encountering pricks - especially if like Mathos said, she happens to have a nice "arse" or something. Anyway - here it is - I'm really proud of it. Let me know what you think.
(I thought yours was cute, not your prick - how would I know that - but your poem).

"Encountering Pricks"
Driving at twilight on the A303
Just the wind, ancient stones, a rose sky and small me
I wanted a picture so I pulled off in a layby
I almost drove on - cause I saw this real strange guy.

He was near incoherence - but he said, "My name's Jim"
He'd a bump on his head and he needed a trim.
But I nodded and smiled, I said, "Hi, My name's Nell"
He smiled right back - said, "I hope you are well."

Yes I am," I said, "in fact, never better-
I'm enjoying this evening, and the clear, mild weather"
Old Jim had been tenderly fingering his bump
I said, "Ouch that looks painful - you've got quite a lump."

He smiled ruefully, he said, "Yes, it hurts."
Then looked down at his coat and I noticed the dirt
"Some yob threw a can of tomatoes at me-
And in my confusion, I fell, now you see-

how dirty I am, and it just will not do
but what I will do now, I haven't a clue.
I was heading tonight to the lovely Miss Brown's
If I show like this - she'll think I'm but a clown."

He asked, "Could I come to your house, take a bath?
You could bandage my wounds…I know it sounds naff…."
I was tempted to help him - he looked so pathetic
But the thing about me is I'm telepathetic…

I knew where it'd lead - from one thing to another-
He wasn't my type - now if he'd had a brother….
But I shook my head no, said, "Just stick out your thumb,,,
all these cars whizzing by - I'm sure someone will come…

to bring reinforcements and offer you cheer.
Poor Jim - you're just swamped - that much is clear
You're not able to handle things here on your own
Must be sad to admit you can't function alone."

I walked back to my car, inserted my CD
And then I hit the road, just my music and me
Jim stood watching my taillights - dirty, cold, looking yellow
And then I felt guilty - "I should help the poor fellow"

In the mirror I watched as he raised his middle finger-
I took my foot off the brakes -no need now to linger
I'd leave him out there - helpless, stuck in the sticks
I'm sure he'd find friends - a whole boat load of pricks.

And in my warm car, I smiled and then chuckled-
I was happy, safe, warm, singing songs, seatbelt buckled
And I wondered that night before I fell asleep
If he'd made it back safely to his sad flock of sheep.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 01:46 pm
Nellie never heard the thunder,
She didn't hear the rain,
She never smelled the sewage
From the overflowing drain.

She would have slept till daybreak,
She would have been alright,
But a gust of wind and a lightning bolt,
Made her jump and sit upright.

The plaster fell down on her bed,
The attic contents too,
Nellie scurried and screamed like a Gibbon
The sort they keep in london Zoo.

She thought, I'll run for cover,
I'll go and get the car,
She fled the house at break neck speed,
But didn't get that far.

The path was blocked with fallen trees,
It also oozed with smelly shyte,
The rain came down in torrents,
It was bound to last all night.

The garage was demolished,
Her car inside it too,
She couldn't find her cel-phone,
She didn't know what to do.

Her hair was drenched with all sorts
The shyte around her knees
Her nightdress was a sodden mess,
She cried, 'God help me please.'

And then, she saw the headlights,
A Bentley Flying Spur,
A gorgeous blond was in control,
It really wasn't fair.

"Oh please Miss can you help me,"
Nellie cried, "I'm in a mess?"?
The blond said, "'Yes, you look a sight,
But I really don't care less".

The beauty smiled with deep blue eyes,
"Ive found this strapping guy,
And Jim, oh what a name,
He used to be a well known singer,
He's one I'd like to tame."

"I found him by the roadside,
On highway 303,
I'm going to take him to my bed,
My God, he's so sexy"

"First I'm going to bathe him,
I'll wash away the hurt,
I am a famous model you know,
But I love a man in dirt."

"Have you seen his muscles,
Have you seen his handsome face,
To have been blessed with all of that,
He must be crowned with special grace."

"I just know he's extra special
I really fancy him,
I might keep him forever,
This isn't any whim."

Well Nellie screamed,
"I know him"
I saw him hours ago
I tried to knock his head off
With a tinned tomatio."

"Your loss then," said the sexy blond,
"Is obviously my gain,
I hope you don't get washed away,
With all this horrid rain."

"Move back please from the car dear
It cost a pot of dough
And I don't want it scratching,
By one who doesn't know",

I won't get out to help you,
I won't give you a ride,
You'll have to wait till daybreak,
So go on back inside.

Nellie screamed, "The house is ruined,
I'm really in a stink
I cannot make a cup of tea,
And there's shyte all round the sink."

The Flying Spur, it roared away,
And Jim looked back at Nellie,
The shyte was creeping up her legs
Heading towards her belly.

He couldn't help but chuckle,
He couldn't help one bit
He knew that cheeky Nellie,

DESERVED EVERY BIT OF ****
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 03:09 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
God - Mathos - I hate to admit it - but you're talented.

*By the way - Nellie didn't throw the tin of tomatoes at Jim. How could she have? He was on his way to Bradford when that happened and Nellie was on her way home from London - passing Stonehenge- when she met up with him.

My theory is that he was so disoriented from the bump on his head that he ended up taking a ride from someone going in totally the wrong direction.

And what a coincidence that they ended up going right by Nellie's house! Funny the way things end up. But I'm glad to hear he was alright - more than alright - well taken care of. I did feel a little worried about him out there on the side of the road, night falling, etc. and having Nellie leave him behind like that. That's not something she felt proud about - and the mother in her wanted to take care of him, but she just had to take care of her own interests and make sure she stayed safe - you know?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 03:38 pm
Would that be your sensible approach, or simply 'wishful thinking?' Cool
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 9 Jul, 2006 04:54 pm
What do you mean by that? I always take the sensible approach and very rarely engage in wishful thinking. I'm an optimistic realist.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 01:34 am
Mathos - Here's an example of how I could help you with your project.
Nellie - as a Texan- would most likely not typically drink hot tea. She would drink iced tea in a big glass with a lot of ice.

And here's another example of nuance even within the US. A northerner might drink iced tea - but they would call it either sweetened or unsweetened.

A Texan and most southerners would call it either sweet or unsweet.

An American would also say - "I couldn't care less" instead of "I don't care less." (Is the blonde English or American?)

Also - Nellie would never say tinned - she would say canned. Instead of "a tin of tomatoes" Nellie would have said, "a can of tomatoes."

See, now this is the kind of project I could get excited about. Please let me be your American editorial advisor. I promise I'd do a good job.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 02:18 pm
Nellie,

I am totally convinced you really are off your rocker.

Nellies a born & bred Southern Texan who was perhaps fortunate enough to be raised on the north west coast. For reasons which we need not discuss here she moved to England and caused various problems for the inhabitants, be they neighbours, within shouting distance, (Americans do have a habit of raising their voices to be heard, especially those from Texas) a car journey, train, bus, etc. etc. and even the sacred internet.

Having lived in England for a while, she now makes and drinks her tea like an English lady should, she no longer contaminates it with ice, and boils everything up in a large pan as they do. I have witnessed this sin on more than one occasion. She now says 'tin of tomatoes.'

The super fit gorgeous model with blond hair, see how your ego trips in here like a bull in a china shop? Without any thought or consideration for the writer even, 'she is an American.'

She's a bloody London lass baby, and would shout it out; 'I don't care less.

You have cocked it all up already, just when I was developing this as a special project.

American editorial advisor.

I don't need one Nellie.

Don't get excited, you had it like the 4th of July and Christmas day all in one sitting.

You need a Embarrassed Drunk
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 04:35 pm
Mathos - I think you're the one who's been drinking. You don't sound like yourself tonight. Much less self-contained than usual.

By the way - New Jersey's on the East coast. It's one of the original thirteen colonies - all of which are one the East coast - which makes sense when you remember that the Mayflower sailed across the Atlantic and quite logically encountered the Eastern coastal region of the central part of the North American continent (encompassing the regions called New England - again quite logically, the mid-Atlantic states - of which New Jersey is one, and several of the coastal southern states). These thirteen colonies (New Jersey was the third state admitted to the Union after having separated from New Amsterdam - which later became known as New York) eventually became the United States of America and were first inhabited and settled by people calling themselves pilgrims.

It was many years later that the western states of the US were inhabited by settlers. You may have heard of these people who traveled west in their covered wagons- they called themselves pioneers. The bulk of them traveled west almost two hundred years after the pilgrims began settling the "new world" on the East coast.

(PS - I asked if the blonde was American or English - I didn't assume anything).

I just watched the most disappointing movie. I'd read just great reviews of it and I love Juliette Binoche who is in it - so I was so psyched. And I thought it stank. It's called Hidden. What a waste of time- I don't recommend it. But I guess that means that you'd probably like it, huh?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2006 04:44 pm
There you go again Young Lady, pontificating:- I am giving you a breakdown on the cast of the poem, she went from Texas to the North West Coast. Why do you want to stick Nellie on the east coast, I am fully aware of the differences you know. You just want to be Nellie in the poem all the time and throw more tins of tomatoes at the hero. :wink:

You asked if she was American or English after you told me what an American would say. Typecast and put to bed so to speak, then I'd better check with Mathos Rolling Eyes

Actually I am totally off TV movies in general, I have enjoyed the World Cup, Wimbledon, and a few discovery programmes and odd head line news and weather. That is ample for anybody.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 01:21 am
Mathos - You can stick Nellie anywhere you want.

I have no fondness or allegiance to her character. In fact, I'm relieved that you don't want me to help you with her. She's turning out to be extremely uninteresting because you're making her very one-dimensional.

I'm not surprised. This seems to be a general tendency you have and how you approach people in general- either they're good or they're bad and there's little room for interesting nuances or dichotomy or any real sense of individual personality. You seem to like to categorize and stereotype - and when you do that in a story it turns a character into a cartoon. So you deal with it. You're the funny man.

I wasn't pontificating in my post. I figured since you gave me nothing to respond to in any meaningful way - I'd post some educational ****. Just trying to be productive...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 12:54 pm
Wanna know howd to write Becks

Here you go-on half a bottle of wine and oceans of time-

Quote:
These clamourings of the populace did not alarm Hamilcar's daughter. She was disturbed by loftier anxieties: her great serpent, the black python, was drooping; and in the eyes of the Carthaginians, the serpent was at once a national and a private fetish. It was believed to be the offspring of the dust of the earth, since it emerges from its depths and has no need of feet to traverse it; its mode of progression called to mind the undulations of rivers, its temperature the ancient, viscous, and fecund darkness, and the orbit which it describes when biting its tail the harmony of the planets, and the intelligence of Eschmoun.

Salammbo's serpent had several times already refused the four live sparrows which were offered to it at the full moon and at every new moon. Its handsome skin, covered like the firmament with golden spots upon a perfectly black ground, was now yellow, relaxed, wrinkled, and too large for its body. A cottony mouldiness extended round its head; and in the corners of its eyelids might be seen little red specks which appeared to move. Salammbo would approach its silver-wire basket from time to time, and would draw aside the purple curtains, the lotus leaves, and the bird's down; but it was continually rolled up upon itself, more motionless than a withered bind-weed; and from looking at it she at last came to feel a kind of spiral within her heart, another serpent, as it were, mounting up to her throat by degrees and strangling her.

She was in despair of having seen the zaimph, and yet she felt a sort of joy, an intimate pride at having done so. A mystery shrank within the splendour of its folds; it was the cloud that enveloped the gods, and the secret of the universal existence, and Salammbo, horror- stricken at herself, regretted that she had not raised it.

She was almost always crouching at the back of her apartment, holding her bended left leg in her hands, her mouth half open, her chin sunk, her eye fixed. She recollected her father's face with terror; she wished to go away into the mountains of Phoenicia, on a pilgrimage to the temple of Aphaka, where Tanith descended in the form of a star; all kinds of imaginings attracted her and terrified her; moreover, a solitude which every day became greater encompassed her. She did not even know what Hamilcar was about.

Wearied at last with her thoughts she would rise, and trailing along her little sandals whose soles clacked upon her heels at every step, she would walk at random through the large silent room. The amethysts and topazes of the ceiling made luminous spots quiver here and there, and Salammbo as she walked would turn her head a little to see them. She would go and take the hanging amphoras by the neck; she would cool her bosom beneath the broad fans, or perhaps amuse herself by burning cinnamomum in hollow pearls. At sunset Taanach would draw back the black felt lozenges that closed the openings in the wall; then her doves, rubbed with musk like the doves of Tanith, suddenly entered, and their pink feet glided over the glass pavement, amid the grains of barley which she threw to them in handfuls like a sower in a field. But on a sudden she would burst into sobs and lie stretched on the large bed of ox-leather straps without moving, repeating a word that was ever the same, with open eyes, pale as one dead, insensible, cold; and yet she could hear the cries of the apes in the tufts of the palm trees, with the continuous grinding of the great wheel which brought a flow of pure water through the stories into the porphyry centre-basin.

Sometimes for several days she would refuse to eat. She could see in a dream troubled stars wandering beneath her feet. She would call Schahabarim, and when he came she had nothing to say to him.

She could not live without the relief of his presence. But she rebelled inwardly against this domination; her feeling towards the priest was one at once of terror, jealousy, hatred, and a species of love, in gratitude for the singular voluptuousness which she experienced by his side.

He had recognised the influence of Rabbet, being skilful to discern the gods who send diseases; and to cure Salammbo he had her apartment watered with lotions of vervain, and maidenhair; she ate mandrakes every morning; she slept with her head on a cushion filled with aromatics blended by the pontiffs; he had even employed baaras, a fiery-coloured root which drives back fatal geniuses into the North; lastly, turning towards the polar star, he murmured thrice the mysterious name of Tanith; but Salammbo still suffered and her anguish deepened.

No one in Carthage was so learned as he. In his youth he had studied at the College of the Mogbeds, at Borsippa, near Babylon; had then visited Samothrace, Pessinus, Ephesus, Thessaly, Judaea, and the temples of the Nabathae, which are lost in the sands; and had travelled on foot along the banks of the Nile from the cataracts to the sea. Shaking torches with veil-covered face, he had cast a black cock upon a fire of sandarach before the breast of the Sphinx, the Father of Terror. He had descended into the caverns of Proserpine; he had seen the five hundred pillars of the labyrinth of Lemnos revolve, and the candelabrum of Tarentum, which bore as many sconces on its shaft as there are days in the year, shine in its splendour; at times he received Greeks by night in order to question them. The constitution of the world disquieted him no less than the nature of the gods; he had observed the equinoxes with the armils placed in the portico of Alexandria, and accompanied the bematists of Evergetes, who measure the sky by calculating the number of their steps, as far as Cyrene; so that there was now growing in his thoughts a religion of his own, with no distinct formula, and on that very account full of infatuation and fervour. He no longer believed that the earth was formed like a fir-cone; he believed it to be round, and eternally falling through immensity with such prodigious speed that its fall was not perceived.

From the position of the sun above the moon he inferred the predominance of Baal, of whom the planet itself is but the reflection and figure; moreover, all that he saw in terrestrial things compelled him to recognise the male exterminating principle as supreme. And then he secretly charged Rabbet with the misfortune of his life. Was it not for her that the grand-pontiff had once advanced amid the tumult of cymbals, and with a patera of boiling water taken from him his future virility? And he followed with a melancholy gaze the men who were disappearing with the priestesses in the depths of the turpentine trees.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 01:17 pm
Interesting. Did you write this- or is it an excerpt from Flaubert?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 01:58 pm
Come come my dear.

Knock off the base flattery.

I can't get anywhere near that. That's a symphony of words conjuring sensualities into existence. I daresay there's a fortnight's work in that piece from the magic that Salammbo is.

It's the beginning of Chapter X The Serpent.

Did you not find it funny.

Quote:
And he followed with a melancholy gaze the men who were disappearing with the priestesses in the depths of the turpentine trees.

I'll bet Flaubert's mates could hardly stand up for laughing when he read that out to them with his doleful expressions of tones and gestures.

Just Google Salammbo.

"Diamonds in my hands
Diamonds in my hands.
Right here
Take them babe they're yours to keep
Broken pots in ancient tombs spill them out
And angels reappear."

A bit of me.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 03:31 pm
Spendius, you blithering drunkard of a sot, this is an original writing thread not for your plagiarism.

Don't you think you are in enough trouble on A2K in general following the filthy language you were expectorating to women and children?

Or, perhaps you proud at having your posts with offending expletives removed from the records for eternity, your brain would no doubt assess what basically amounts to criminality as some form of 'back street credibility' you might just receive a CDM for that you low life banker. (Excuse the spelling I prefer my revelations to be amongst the archives for eternity.

Talking about brains, I happened to think that if yours were gunpowder there would be insufficient mass to blow the dandruff from your scalp.

Aidan;-

I have a third verse to the tinned tomato project, following the last line of Doodle Di doodle di
Doodle Hi Hey;-

There was an old tramp (Spendi)
All tattered and torn
He was eating the grass
On Nellies front lawn

Nellie said "Hey Spendi
If you really need a snack
The grass is much longer
Around at the back;-

Singing Doodle Hi
Doodle Hi, doodle Hi Hey
Doodle Hi doodle hi
Doodle Hi hey

Not bad really is it?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 03:50 pm
Quote:
Come come my dear.

Knock off the base flattery.

It wasn't base flattery. I thought because you said it represented a lot of time and half a bottle of wine - you had personal knowledge of how and when it was written. I can picture you writing something like this Spendius.
And I've read Madame Bovary and I don't remember Flaubert's style being anywhere near as ornate as this in that novel. I guess that's why I thought maybe you'd written it.

Quote:
I can't get anywhere near that.

I don't really know for sure, but I can imagine that you might be able to write along those lines.

Quote:
It's the beginning of Chapter X The Serpent.

Did you not find it funny.

No, I didn't. I have to admit that I had to reread it twice, but the second time I read it, I loved the first paragraph where he describes the snake, as being of the earth, not needing feet to traverse it and I especially liked his comparison of the serpent with an undulating river.

Further on in the piece, I liked his descriptions of the emotions Salaambo was feeling. It piqued my interest. I can't read a whole book on the internet though. I still like to read books I can hold in my hands.

Quote:
And he followed with a melancholy gaze the men who were disappearing with the priestesses in the depths of the turpentine trees.
I don't get that image though - turpentine trees? I think serpentine trees would be better.

Quote:
I'll bet Flaubert's mates could hardly stand up for laughing when he read that out to them with his doleful expressions of tones and gestures.
How do you know his expressions and tones were doleful. I think this writing is very seductive. Doleful is not a tone I would ascribe to anyone reading this aloud.

Quote:
Just Google Salammbo.
Again, I'd rather try to find it in the library.

Quote:
"Diamonds in my hands
Diamonds in my hands.
Right here
Take them babe they're yours to keep
Broken pots in ancient tombs spill them out
And angels reappear."

A bit of me.

Nice.

Mathos - how do you know so much about me? The grass in my back lawn does need mowing. I wouldn't make Spendius eat grass though - I'd give him some milk and cookies and maybe some chicken noodle soup for a snack.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 05:12 pm
Mathos wrote-

Quote:
have a third verse to the tinned tomato project, following the last line of Doodle Di doodle di
Doodle Hi Hey;-

There was an old tramp (Spendi)
All tattered and torn
He was eating the grass
On Nellies front lawn

Nellie said "Hey Spendi
If you really need a snack
The grass is much longer
Around at the back;-

Singing Doodle Hi
Doodle Hi, doodle Hi Hey
Doodle Hi doodle hi
Doodle Hi hey

Not bad really is it?

It's lovely Mathos. I must agree. It really is very lovely.Touching actually. I would have had a lump in my throat if it hadn't been for laughing.

Is it the Blue Peter scansion ot The Magic Roundabout one. I can never tell the difference.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2006 05:40 pm
Listen Becks-

You have not read Madame Bovary. You only think you have.

And when he wrote that he was limbering up for his Carthaginian girl.

Quote:
I don't really know for sure, but I can imagine that you might be able to write along those lines.

No chance. There's too many distractions now for the research.

Quote:
I can't read a whole book on the internet though. I still like to read books I can hold in my hands.

I agree but on the internet you can copy and paste and seek to enthuse others with the desire to hold a nice copy of Salammbo in their hands as a work of art that none of the galleries and museums can touch.

Like this-

Quote:
"I ought to have carried her off!" Matho said in the evening to Spendius. "I should have seized her, and torn her from her house! No one would have dared to touch me!"

Spendius was not listening to him. Stretched on his back he was taking delicious rest beside a large jar filled with honey-coloured water, into which he would dip his head from time to time in order to drink more copiously.

Matho resumed:

"What is to be done? How can we re-enter Carthage?"

"I do not know," said Spendius.

Such impassibility exasperated Matho and he exclaimed:

"Why! the fault is yours! You carry me away, and then you forsake me, coward that you are! Why, pray, should I obey you? Do you think that you are my master? Ah! you prostituter, you slave, you son of a slave!" He ground his teeth and raised his broad hand above Spendius.

The Greek did not reply. An earthen lamp was burning gently against the tent-pole, where the zaimph shone amid the hanging panoply. Suddenly Matho put on his cothurni, buckled on his brazen jacket of mail, and took his helmet.

"Where are you going?" asked Spendius.

"I am returning! Let me alone! I will bring her back! And if they show themselves I will crush them like vipers! I will put her to death, Spendius! Yes," he repeated, "I will kill her! You shall see, I will kill her!"

Quote:
I don't get that image though - turpentine trees? I think serpentine trees would be better.

Who cares what sort of trees they were? Turpentine conjures up glue sniffing and heady dizziness.Aromatics. Woozieness.Surrender.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 01:12 am
Quote:
Listen Becks-

You have not read Madame Bovary. You only think you have.

No, I definitely read it. Now you're telling me what I have and haven't done? What- do you think I should read it again or something?

Quote:
I agree but on the internet you can copy and paste and seek to enthuse others with the desire to hold a nice copy of Salammbo in their hands as a work of art that none of the galleries and museums can touch.

And perhaps pervert and/or subvert the author's original intent and meaning when he or she wrote whatever piece you're copying and pasting to achieve your own ends. Picking and choosing certain passages and presenting them in isolation without the context of the larger piece is counterproductive to what the author had intended.

And actually, it's extremely frustrating for whatever reader you're trying to entice with it- and for 99% of internet readers, who do not have the time or motivation to seek out the book and read it - this frustration will be enough to ensure that they will never read the author's original work in its entirety and will be satisfied with the "Spendius/Mathos Condensed" version of what you consider to be Flaubert's great masterpiece. That would be a real crime against Flaubert - someone you profess to admire.

I think Flaubert would be turning over in his grave Spendius. And you need to rethink how you are encouraging people to view literature in general. As a person who loves good writing - you shouldn't **** with other peoples'. You wouldn't want them ******* with yours.

Quote:
Quote:

Who cares what sort of trees they were? Turpentine conjures up glue sniffing and heady dizziness.Aromatics. Woozieness.Surrender.

And brain damage. Spendius- forget about Mathos -now you're worrying me. Turpentine is a pretty heavy duty chemical to be huffing.

I get the wooziness and surrender part - but there are other more natural ways to achieve that without killing a massive number of brain cells and turning oneself into a vegetable.

Is this what you were referring to when you said you were "distracted by your research"?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 07:48 am
He grinned sheepishly.

"Sheesh", he said. Americans!
0 Replies