Sheep - a poem in one sentence

Mathos

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 01:48 pm
Thanks for that, it was a good 'fathers day' too. Presents and cards from both daughters and taken out for a nice drive, destination Yorkshire!!! It was nice though, had a nice meal around Keighley and returned safe, sound, fed and watered.

It has been raining up north for most of the day though, temperature drop as well, somebody had hit a young sheep though and left it in the middle of the road, so I moved it onto the verge. That was sad.

Its not that we're wiser its just that we're older and we've had more places to fall.

Aidan, if you want to send me your e-mail address by PM I will send you some photographs and let you know how old I am. I was 20 years of age, just when I got married. My oldest grandson is 18. One of my grandsons is an outstanding tennis player for Lancashire. I honestly think he will win Wimbledon in the not too distant future as well. So do a great many others connected with the sport and interested in his progress.

I get great enjoyment teaching them things. Important things, how to fit an electric plug for instance, have you any idea how many people have no idea how to do that? Tyre pressures on vehicles, engine oil levels, changing strimmer cables, servicing plant and machinery. Tree felling, log splitting, garden maintenance. Swimming, running, cycling, football, rugby, tennis and boxing (but their mothers and granny don't like the boxing bit and I get bollocked for that.)

If alcohol was invented today young lady it would be higher up the banned list than heroin or crack cocaine. The lives and families it has ruined is beyond comprehension. What other drug can turn a normally placid person into a raving lunatic. Only last night, a local, well under the influence, attempted to burn a partner out of their home with petrol.

Yes, you are doing right introducing your son to the same in a steady and controlled manner. A good pub with good clientele is rare, make sure you help look after the one you have.

Did you know toads and frogs hibernate underground for the winter?

Well I hope your feet get better soon, you would save time though, just gritting your teeth and yanking the offending nail off in one and then splash it with surgical spirits.

Back to the 'old bit' again. What exactly is old? I climb mountains, swim, cycle, coach boxing, work out, work manually eight or even twelve hours a day. I ride motorcycles at speeds in excess of 150 mph at times. I think the less you do and the more you drink especially are ageing factors, drinking tea (both my wife and self drink a hell of a lot of tea) eat organic food in the main and enjoy a brilliant sense of humour. Laughing is good for the mind, body and soul. It also keeps the wrinkles in the up position. :wink:

Take care Aidan.. Sawadeka.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 04:05 pm
Speaking of laughter- have you ever seen a guy named Hank Wangford with his band, The Lost Cowboys? They put on a funny and really enjoyable show. He's very droll- has an incredibly dry wit - but is also just kind of childlike in his exuberance and really fun to watch. (I'm with you on the age thing. This guy is probably in his sixties or close to seventy and his energy and enthusiasm are contagious and so refreshing. Age is nothing more than a number).

Anyway, all the guys in the band are British - but they play and sing like they're cowboys from Texas. Hank Wangford got turned onto country music by Gram Parsons in the seventies. He was working as a general practitioner and was Keith Richards' doctor and Keith apparently introduced him to Gram Parsons who helped him learn to play guitar, etc.

Gram Parsons died of an overdose more than thirty years ago, but Hank has continued playing and has formed his own band, The Lost Cowboys. They play pretty small locales, have never really hit the big time - but are a lot of fun to go see. You should go see them if they come to your area.
I've seen them once and am planning on going again next time they come my way.

This Hank is a fascinating guy. He still practices as a doctor and travels to places like Romania and Transylvania where he has opened a couple of clinics that provide women's health services and contraception. He's a travel-writer and at times a nude mountain climber. Talk about a well-rounded person! And, I've talked with him and you'll never meet a more down to earth and fun loving guy. I think you two would get along. It sounds like you like to take risks - he likes to take risks. You care about the youth of today - he cares about the youth of today. You have a lot of energy and diverse interests, and so does he.
Anyway - if you get the chance - check him out. I guarantee you will have a good time if you go to one of his shows- and you'd probably have a lot to talk about.

Glad to hear you had a nice father's day. What are your daughter's names? I'm curious to know what a guy named Mathos would name his daughters.

Good luck to your grandsons in their endeavors. I think they're really lucky to have a grandfather who can teach them so many practical and beneficial skills. So many young people today are just lost when it comes to trades like mechanics, building or even homemaking skills like cooking and sewing because there are so few parents who still do those things and are able to pass that kind of knowledge on. I know I'm glad my mother taught me the things she did - so I try to teach my daughter the same skills- she actually loves to cook. But young girls who are being taught the type of things I was taught when I was young are becoming rarer and rarer. It's sad.

I love tea too. There's nothing so calming and comforting as a nice, hot cup of tea.

Why can't you post your pictures of the robins on the forum Mathos? Or you could pm me the pictures and your age if you want to keep that info private. I promise I won't share them with anyone. I don't understand why you need my e-mail. (My e-mail address has my last name as part of it - and I don't want to put that out there. I'm not exactly sure why - but I just don't). So why don't you just pm me with that info? It doesn't really matter to me how old you are. If you're fun to talk to - you're fun to talk to. I'm not nearly as curious about all the other stuff as I used to be. It's funny how that stuff doesn't seem so important anymore- at least not to me.

Talk to you later...

PS - I know I should just rip that toe-nail off. But I'm incredibly squeamish and a real baby about stuff like that. It's gonna have to just fall off on its own. But it does feel better tonight.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 12:49 am
Mathos-
*Here's a little blurb about Hank and his band. This will tell you why I think he's someone whose work should be supported. I bet all the money he makes from his cd's etc. goes right back into third world healthcare. I have two of his cd's - you should buy one or two and support his work Mathos.

Also: You're so sneaky. I didn't ask for and don't want photos of you -and to know how old you are. I was asking you to post your pictures of the robins, which I think everyone would enjoy. And it's probably better to just keep everything out in the open on the forum Mathos as I'd like to make sure I don't participate in any activity that might be hurtful to your wife or could be misconstrued in any way. She sounds like a wonderful woman and a very sweet person.

"Hank Wangford and the Lost Cowboys" (from Pete Feenstra's website)
If Daniel O'Donnell is the brightly scrubbed face of British country music then Hank Wangford is its guilty conscience, its dark and troubled grubby soul. Hank has picked at the miserable underbelly of country music for twenty years, inspiring others like Billy Bragg, The The and The Alabama Three and other alt.country musicians. He has spread the word with his two television series, "Big Big Country" and "The A to Z of C&W" and his books "Lost Cowboys" and "Hank Wangford Vol 3 The Middle Years".

This messianic derailment onto the path of country music came from befriending and playing with Gram Parsons, ex-Byrds and Flying Burrito Brothers, in the seventies. This was at a time when Hank - as Dr Sam Hutt - was a rock 'n roll doctor. Many of his patients were from the world of rock music and the hippie alternative world. The Grateful Dead, the Who and the Rolling Stones were some of his clients.

It was when Gram Parsons came over to hang out in London with Keith Richards that Keith sent Gram with his wife to see Doctor Sam. Gram passed the country torch to Emmylou Harris and the Rolling Stones as well as to Doctor Sam. (Listen to Keith duetting brilliantly with the great George Jones on the Bradley Barn Sessions to hear more of Gram's legacy.) Since then Hank has fronted a series of hot country bands, aiming for country non-believers. It's not all misery. Some of his songs and stories are sad and some funny. He walks the thin line between laughter and the dark. His new album WAKE UP DEAD has some recent pearls.

In 1999 the LOST COWBOYS played a tour of the Falkland Islands and filmed it for BBC's Video Diaries. As well as his songs and books, Hank has been writing travel articles for the Sunday Telegraph, the Guardian and Caribbean World. He has written on Romania, Georgia, Argentina, Uruguay, Coney Island, St Vincent and the Grenadines, the Falkland Islands' tour, Route 66, Branson Missouri and his son's marriage by Elvis Presley in Las Vegas.

Through the '90s Hank has done several radio series for the BBC:"Nine Pound Hammer" - the history of railroad songs in the USA."Ghengiz Khan was a Cowboy Too" tracing the development of C&W music from its Mongolian roots and journey West. "Way Out West" about Galway and Connemara, his new-found spiritual home. "He'll Have To Go" on telephone songs."Looking for the Lonesome Yodel" on yodel songs around the World.And several others. Hank continues to be President of the Nude Mountaineering Society.

In another life, Hank is a doctor and continues to work in sexual healthcare and contraception. He lectures and trains doctors and nurses around Britain. He has trained doctors and nurses in Georgia and in Bosnia during the war. He regularly visits Transylvania, Romania where he has had a project for women since 1991 and has helped set up two clinics. Because of deep corruption in the Romanian Health service, he is working on plans for an independent clinic. Hank knows that laughter, tears and music are the greatest healers we have. This is why he loves Country music."

(and this is why I respect and admire Hank Wangford)
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:55 am
What happens Aidan, do you over-do the drinking bit of an evening and start spouting like a demented banshee?

I object to being called sneaky young lady, all you need do is read my posts, I am probably one of the most direct speaking people you have ever come across.

If you have spent a lifetime being duped, and it appears you have, with the pointless meanderings you come out with, don't paint everybody with the same brush you are familiar with.

If you want to listen to a decent song whilst your dribbling in your wine glass try Alice, by Roy Chubby Brown.

Hank Wangford cannot be worth listening to, I have never heard of him. Emmylou Harris I am familiar with, I sang on the same stage as her in the early 1970's in Corfu. That was when I got paid to sing.

If your into Country and picking the death songs, your never going to live, its crap. Finding the dear departed wifes ring amongst the headlamp glass and the twisted seats and charred vehicle remains is about as interesting as the war in Iraq, and will probably do you as much good.
Daniel O'Donnel is another over-rated Irish twerp whose records only sell in Dublin and Belfast, unless your of paddy descent and wishing you were back on the shores of the Emerald Isles. I've heard them all, from rebels to Micks with the firing squad obligation as opposed to hanging, Kevin Barry can make a Dublin pub weep 30 minutes before closing time.

The Grateful Dead? I bet your a whoop at a wake!

Well stick a pint handled glass of Guiness in his hand and a Park Drive in his gob, it makes the corpse look more lifelike.

I was at my monthly private club lunch today, I mentioned some of A2K's peculiar members to a friend of mine, we can call him Doc Benwright if you wish, he is a psychiatrist, he is quite entertained by some of the amusing antics the members get up to. I suggested he might join, he looked at me over his pince-nez and smiled; It said enough.

Lets make it quite clear though, your e-mail address is simply a method of communication aid to me. Nothing more, I have no intention of sticking photographs up on A2k, not my style.

I realise your loneliness which is amply reflected in your writing and poetry, thats a shame but it's not my problem. I gave you the consideration of discussion and kept the topics light, you have a habit of twisting things which shows signs of paranoia. I'm no expert in that field so I won't comment further, but you really need to trust people and stop making conclusions which are harmful to yourself and nobody else. If you sent me your e-mail address now I would simply bin it. I'd sooner smoke a woodbine and they make me cough.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 10:38 am
Laughing
I haven't had a drink in almost twenty four hours so no, that's not what it takes to get me spouting like a demented banshee.

Quote:
I object to being called sneaky young lady, all you need do is read my posts, I am probably one of the most direct speaking people you have ever come across.

So you can call me snake-like but I can't call you sneaky?

Quote:
If you have spent a lifetime being duped, and it appears you have, with the pointless meanderings you come out with, don't paint everybody with the same brush you are familiar with
Quite the opposite actually. My life experiences have taught me, in the main, that I could in fact trust most people. What pointless meanderings are you referring to? (I know there've been quite a lot lately - you need to be specific Mathos).

Quote:
If you want to listen to a decent song whilst your dribbling in your wine glass try Alice, by Roy Chubby Brown.

Not to disregard your suggestion, but do you know what song I heard today and really liked - "An Easier Affair- (dancing with the freaks)" by George Michaels. Now I know you're going to take this as some kind of secret message in a secret code - but it's not. I just heard him singing this song on the radio and it really touched me. I'm so happy for him that he finally feels able to be who he is without having to hide anything. I know that in his case he's referring to being gay and having felt like he had to portray himself as straight for so long - but I think one can take the message in that song and apply it to any circumstance in a person's life that he or she feels they have had to hide or be ashamed of in some way. I think it's a great song. Really freeing. I think I'm gonna look up the lyrics and post it on the "My favorite song right now" thread.

Quote:
Hank Wangford cannot be worth listening to, I have never heard of him. Emmylou Harris I am familiar with, I sang on the same stage as her in the early 1970's in Corfu. That was when I got paid to sing.

Good gracious - you're just full of surprises Mathos. So what about Gram Parsons - Emmy Lou must have told you about him. I think they were pretty much an item (professionally and personally) around that time.

Quote:
If your into Country and picking the death songs, your never going to live, its crap. Finding the dear departed wifes ring amongst the headlamp glass and the twisted seats and charred vehicle remains is about as interesting as the war in Iraq, and will probably do you as much good.

I have to be in the right mood to listen to country and I like the inspiring upbeat country songs. One I never tire of hearing is "Red Dirt Road" by Brooks and Dunn. I don't know why - it just makes me happy. I also really like Martina McBride's voice so I'll listen to pretty much anything by her. I like the old country stuff - Patsy Cline, Conway Twitty (can you believe that?!), Hank Williams, etc. more than the new stuff - but yeah - if I'm in the right mood - I can listen to country.

Quote:
Daniel O'Donnel is another over-rated Irish twerp whose records only sell in Dublin and Belfast, unless your of paddy descent and wishing you were back on the shores of the Emerald Isles. I've heard them all, from rebels to Micks with the firing squad obligation as opposed to hanging, Kevin Barry can make a Dublin pub weep 30 minutes before closing time.

I'd never heard of Daniel O'Donnel before I read that little blurb about Hank. (By the way - you're underestimating him and his valuable contributions to our planet). I've never heard Daniel O'Donnel sing - so I can't comment.

Quote:
The Grateful Dead? I bet your a whoop at a wake!

It would depend on who has died.

Quote:
I was at my monthly private club lunch today, I mentioned some of A2K's peculiar members to a friend of mine, we can call him Doc Benwright if you wish, he is a psychiatrist, he is quite entertained by some of the amusing antics the members get up to. I suggested he might join, he looked at me over his pince-nez and smiled; It said enough.

There you go again, implying that I'm supposed to care about the opinion of someone I've never even met.

Quote:
Lets make it quite clear though, your e-mail address is simply a method of communication aid to me. Nothing more, I have no intention of sticking photographs up on A2k, not my style.

We already have a method of communication. So, I'm not going to get to see the photograph of the robins? That's mean Mathos. You shouldn't promise things and then not follow through.

Quote:
I realise your loneliness which is amply reflected in your writing and poetry, thats a shame but it's not my problem.

That's nothing more than my melancholy Irish streak coming out. (Yes, despite my Hebrew first name- two of my grandparents were "paddies" or "micks" as you so graciously put it).
And so what - everyone's lonely sometimes. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I guess though by your subsequent statement, I can safely assume you're not my friend then. I know that for those people who are my friends, if they're lonely - I think it is my problem - at least in part and out of a matter of concern for their happiness. Thanks for clearing that up for me Mathos.

Quote:
I gave you the consideration of discussion and kept the topics light, you have a habit of twisting things which shows signs of paranoia. I'm no expert in that field so I won't comment further, but you really need to trust people and stop making conclusions which are harmful to yourself and nobody else.

You might be right about this- to some extent. But I think you're getting awfully upset about something very, very trivial. Maybe you should ask your good Dr. Benwright what that might indicate in terms of your own personality traits and characteristics.

Quote:
If you sent me your e-mail address now I would simply bin it. I'd sooner smoke a woodbine and they make me cough.

That's harsh Mathos. And I thought you said you don't get angry. Does this mean you won't tell me what your daughters are named? I really am very curious about that.

God - see I suck at this internet stuff. No matter what I do and who I try to be nice to (your wife, in this case) I always end up pissing somebody off.

I don't know - maybe I'll take my lonely, little Irish/American self down to the pub and dribble in my wine glass. (Just kidding - it's a school night.)

Later maybe - if you can see your way to forgive me for whatever you think it is I did.

*PS - I edited this just a little bit this time. I had the wrong title for the George Michael song - and I wanted to address the lonliness crack you made a little further. Have a nice night Mathos.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 02:21 pm
I should have realised you were descended from Micks, contrary, fickle, and Janus throughout. You can't help it, its genetic.

They afford me good times whenever I visit though.

A few years back I was in Claire and had called at my friend Micks, we had a game of snooker and a couple of guinness, I asked him over Sean who was normally in the bar. "Well to be sure didn't I tell you he was dying?" he said.
I insisted we go around to see him, he lived in a small cottage out in the bog. Mrs Murphy let us in and told us he only had a couple of days, but not to mention he looked so ill when we went up to see him. We walked up the narrowest flight of twisting stairs I have ever seen in my life. Then Mick opened the small bedroom door by the latch and banged his head on a low beam as he entered the bedroom.

"Jeeeesus Christ Sean," he shouted "They'll never get a coffin up here"

It's more likely going without a drink for 24 hours that gets you screaming.

You can call me whatever you want, but if I don't like what you call me
you can expect to get bollocked.

That was really Irish too, calling you by a Jewish name! There were probably too many Mary's in town. No wonder your puddled being given a start like that.

I think I'll make out a print of some of your 'meanderings' and other weird allusions I have noticed, plus the butting in bit, which you haven't done for a time I have noticed. Doc Benwright is quite a character when he analyses stuff like that, it would be interesting to see how he categorises you Aidan.

You can get yourself a PO box and I'll post you a picture of the robins, never let it be said that Mathos failed to deliver.

As for my daughters, their names, well lets see right now they can be Klondyke and Myrtle, I had intended e-mailing you their photographs along with their children, plus a bit of information about them in general, which I have no intention of putting on public display, that is all.

Your so brain scrambled and no doubt frustrated to the hilt, like a cat on a hot tin roof, you can't see the wood for the trees.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 02:59 pm
Mathos - I've been listening to country music all night long now. You and your negative comments inspired me to pull out the country compilation CD I have so right now I'm listening to "Boot Scoot Boogie" (by Brooks and Dunn). I hate Garth Brooks just generally and in principal - but I have to say I love his song - "Friends in Low Places." I put that on it. It even has "God Bless Texas" on it. One of my favorites on it is "Evangeline" sung by Emmy Lou Harris, Rick Danko and Levon Helm from the Band from the Last Waltz. Did you ever sing that song with her?
And just so you know - on school nights- I imbibe nothing stronger than tea. That's been my life long habit - I work hard all week and then have fun on the week-ends (keep in mind that for me three glasses of wine is my limit- that's what I call fun).
I knew you'd jump to the assumption that I was a problem drinker when I said twice in the space of seven days that I had had something to drink. I've just had a couple of social week-ends in a row. What's wrong with relaxing with friends and a bottle of wine?

My parents chose Rebecca because they're devout Christians (it's biblical) and because it's my great grandmother's name. I don't think Mary was ever a consideration. I, on the other hand, love the name Mary and if I hadn't had a son first and named him Joseph - I'd have named my daughter Mary in a flash. I think it's just so beautiful in its simplicity.

Spendius clued me into the fact that you were getting me to talk, not so much to share conversation with me as to just get me to talk. So I figured I'd oblige. And if you're going to print out a collection, I have to say, I'm honored. How many other A2K-er's can say they have a collection of their posts put together by someone other than him or herself? Not too many. Maybe I'll be famous.

I don't know about your doctor friend analyzing me from my posts alone though. I've had psychologicals done for various jobs I've had and
the results are always really interesting- but don't worry - no mental illness apparent. More of a really strong internal locus of control that leads to at worst, failure to comply and a tendency to rebel. That's about it. Oh yeah - and my verbal quotient is always a lot higher than my spatial and analytical reasoning quotient. But that's pretty par for the course with most women.

My mother's middle name is Myrtle. What a coincidence! She was named after the crepe myrtle- a beautiful flowering tree that's common in Texas. How did you choose it for your daughter? (I'm not even going to ask about Klondyke- that was just flat out mean to do to your little girl Mathos).

I'm not scrambled or frustrated at all. Tonight, I'm actually having fun. That's all I'm about Mathos. Just trying to inject as much fun as I can in the time I'm allotted. What other option is there?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 01:17 am
http://k.domaindlx.com/joepatrick111/cliffs%20of%20moher,.JPG

Cliffs of Moher, County Clare
One hundred fifty years ago, a man stood there
Staring west across the rolling sea
Envisioning America - land of the free.

*I've been feeling a little guilty that this thread is in original writing and there hasn't been much of that going on.

Anyway - funny you mentioned County Clare- that's where my grandfather's family is originally from. I've been there. It's very, very beautiful.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 04:09 pm
A few posts back I mentioned to you that compassion was my reason for talking with you.

Your an interesting bint to talk to at times. However not only are my accusations of you being a snake like character more than well appointed and my accusations of you being a traitor furthermore embellished.

You quite blatantly expose yourself as one of such dubious traits it amazes me you are able to sleep nights at all. Conspiracy and collusion are additional appropriations you may wear around your neck with honours, Young Lady.

So you have been relentlessly conspiring and colluding with that object of unwashed, soiled and degenerated excuse for a man of fair stature; Spendius. Private Mail obviously comes to mind, the details there-in being totally irrelevant, no doubt your highly valued 'Christian' upbringing supports treachery on this scale.

The additional comments you again reiterate with regard to your excessive drinking habits and obvious denial, prior to the 'I'm having fun' bit exudes symptoms of symptomatic alcoholism.

You might consider exchanging the habit for ganja, it could create some sincerity in you.

Not too many years back you would have been accused of 'witchcraft' for carrying on in such an underhanded format. I doubt I have to issue you quotes of the types of punishments witches would have received according to Kramer & Sprenger and their amazing book Malleus Maleficarum.

I feel amply satisfied that when I next discuss your case and applicable antics with Doc Benwright he will have no problem in categorising you in a more professional manner than I could possibly do. I well recall conversation with him some years back and his explanation to me that;

Without the development of normal conscience, the totally unquestionable mind of any human being, being thoroughly unpure by nature, would be enthralled with the dark side of existence and its many rooms. It would become obsessive in its demands for evil, sexual deviations in the name of pleasure and mass homicide could never be ruled out, let alone the odd murder. There would be an open and clear road ahead to carry out the most heinous of crime.

He further mentioned that some years ago a group of psychiatrists made a thorough study of prominent politicians, militarists, financiers, newspaper owners, and media moguls of varied types, men of great wealth and the privileged.

Conclusions were made that several, (a majority) suffered from mental sickness, several (a majority) could very easily be certified insane.

You and any body else reading this could label those who fall into the categories.

There are so many considerations to make when you realise just who's fingers are on the 'red button.'

Thankfully you don't have that power.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2006 11:51 pm
Quote:
A few posts back I mentioned to you that compassion was my reason for talking with you.

Compassion for whom? Do you think I find it at all "compassionate" to wake up to this type of diatribe Mathos?

Quote:
Your an interesting bint to talk to at times. However not only are my accusations of you being a snake like character more than well appointed and my accusations of you being a traitor furthermore embellished.

What's a "bint"? See I talk to you because I find it interesting. I increase my vocabulary, (not that I would ever use a word like bint - unless you were referring to me as someone's daughter -which I am. I hope you didn't mean it in the other sense as in "one step above a prostitute- you have no basis to say anything like that to me Mathos), and I experience the type of dialogue that I can't experience anywhere else in my life because I don't inspire such anger and what you call "compassion" in anyone I interact with on a regular basis in my real life. It's made me so much tougher. I can't even tell you. And that was a concern of mine. When he first met me, a friend of my husband's said to me, "You've led a really sheltered life, haven't you? There's just something really soft about you." And he was right. I was always used to being treated in a certain way and was very easily hurt. Interacting with you and Spendius has helped me develop a much thicker skin. I think I needed that. And it's good for me to learn how to be able to let things that I know are not true just roll off my back. You're meanness toward me says more about you Mathos than it does about me.
(I also talk to you because I really do enjoy your descriptions of your work and day to day life- I think I'd have loved to have lived and worked on a farm-you have such a great eye for nature - I can't deny it - I do get into that stuff).

Quote:
You quite blatantly expose yourself as one of such dubious traits it amazes me you are able to sleep nights at all. Conspiracy and collusion are additional appropriations you may wear around your neck with honours, Young Lady.

I sleep like a baby at night mostly because I know that all the things you accuse me of are total fabrications. I am so loyal it's ridiculous. That's why when you called me fickle your last post - I just laughed. I wish I could be fickle. It'd be a lot easier I think. And I'm literally unable to collude and conspire with anyone. Again, sometimes I wish I could, and then I could make excuses for my behavior - you know, say, "Well, it was his/her idea." Nope, I always have to take responsibility for my own behavior because I honestly can't make myself do something if I don't want to do it- no matter who is trying to influence me to do so.

Quote:
So you have been relentlessly conspiring and colluding with that object of unwashed, soiled and degenerated excuse for a man of fair stature; Spendius. Private Mail obviously comes to mind, the details there-in being totally irrelevant, no doubt your highly valued 'Christian' upbringing supports treachery on this scale.

Haven't spoken to Spendius since his last post here (except for a pm or two I sent him that same day to wheedle and cajole and try to find out what the heck I did or said to make him so angry. I was worried I had hurt his feelings).
Pm's had nothing to do with it. I was suspicious from the beginning because it seemed odd that Spendius would talk to me again after so long. But I always liked talking to him, so I went with it. And it was okay at first, but then I noticed that there was still that underlying anger and I had to ask myself why someone who was so angry at me and didn't seem to particularly like me would spend time talking with me. Then, I got clued in when he said that you were holding a stalagmite in your hand. Look back a few weeks or even months - it's right here somewhere. Your extreme annoyance at the quote bit was a bit of a clue as well. That's why when you said I was contrary - I laughed at that as well. I feel that I've been more than cooperative with you Mathos.

Quote:
The additional comments you again reiterate with regard to your excessive drinking habits and obvious denial, prior to the 'I'm having fun' bit exudes symptoms of symptomatic alcoholism.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Okay. If you call six glasses of wine on average maybe every two or three weeks - I guess you can consider me an alcoholic, if it serves you some purpose and makes you feel better in any way- which pointing out my faults does seem to do for you- (another one of your interesting characteristics the good doctor might find telling if he were ever to hear about it.)
But seriously - I don't think we should joke about this. I am sensitive to the fact that it might be a problem for others and is never a laughing matter.

Quote:
You might consider exchanging the habit for ganja, it could create some sincerity in you.

I don't smoke - anything - it hurts my throat and dries out my contacts, thus hurting my eyes as well. So you can appreciate the fact that it's just an overall painful and unpleasant experience for me, although I do understand that others find it relaxing and beneficial.

But I don't need pot to make me sincere. If anything, I'm already too sincere without it. That's why I have to monitor what I say on here after I've had anything to drink. I don't tend to be inhibited in very many ways to begin with and add any bit of alcohol - the sincerity just comes pouring out. Which isn't a bad thing usually - except in a forum when people are just looking for it as a sign of weakness.

Quote:
Not too many years back you would have been accused of 'witchcraft' for carrying on in such an underhanded format. I doubt I have to issue you quotes of the types of punishments witches would have received according to Kramer & Sprenger and their amazing book Malleus Maleficarum.

Yep - that's interesting. You know anyone (female especially) who was considered different in any way might be suspected of and accused of witchcraft. I don't take that as an insult at all Mathos- because if you knew your facts you'd find it was exactly because they were often women who were not practiced at behaving in an underhanded way, or in fact refused to. In fact, quite the opposite was more often true. What a wonderful analogy - I think it's very fitting actually - and I hadn't thought of it before. Good on you Mathos!

Quote:
I feel amply satisfied that when I next discuss your case and applicable antics with Doc Benwright he will have no problem in categorising you in a more professional manner than I could possibly do.

I find it flattering that you find my psyche so fascinating - but please don't expect me to pay for this second-hand analysis. Any doctor worth his salt would refuse to comment without first-hand knowledge of the patient and his or her history (as he or she presented it - an incredibly important piece of the puzzle).

Quote:
Without the development of normal conscience, the totally unquestionable mind of any human being, being thoroughly unpure by nature, would be enthralled with the dark side of existence and its many rooms. It would become obsessive in its demands for evil, sexual deviations in the name of pleasure and mass homicide could never be ruled out, let alone the odd murder. There would be an open and clear road ahead to carry out the most heinous of crime.

You must be making reference to someone else here. My psychologicals have revealed if anything, an overactive superego - conscience- if you will. Probably as a result, in part, of my devout Christian upbringing. Obviously, I am unable to say to you the type of things you say to me - even though you consistently say them to me because I believe it might hurt your feelings. That's evidence of a conscience.
In terms of being enthralled with the dark side and evil sexual deviations - like Spendius once said- "It aint me babe."
As far as criminal activity goes - I've never even shoplifted or failed to return a library book. I'm telling you - it's that overactive superego thing.

Quote:
He further mentioned that some years ago a group of psychiatrists made a thorough study of prominent politicians, militarists, financiers, newspaper owners, and media moguls of varied types, men of great wealth and the privileged.

Conclusions were made that several, (a majority) suffered from mental sickness, several (a majority) could very easily be certified insane.

You and any body else reading this could label those who fall into the categories.

Interesting, but what does that have to do with me? I'm none of those things. I do however find it interesting how you love to categorize. I on the other hand, try my hardest not to. That's why I think you find me to be a Janus type figure. (I did read up on him- and by the way - he wasn't all bad). You seem so hellbent on having people fit one category or another but most people personify many different facets of personality and other innate characteristics. What you call being a Janus might just be a particular person's ability to fully express all the different facets of their personality.

Quote:
There are so many considerations to make when you realise just who's fingers are on the 'red button.'

Exactly - that's why I worry so much about my country's willingness to elect someone like George Bush.

Quote:
Thankfully you don't have that power.

I'm thankful too - I would never want it.

I thought that picture of the cliffs and sea would have a nice calming effect. Apparently not. Oh well. Once again, though not particularly uplifting in any way - it has been interesting Mathos.

And it's a gorgeous day. Hope it is for you too....
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 12:59 am
Oh, I know why you were in such a bad mood last night. It just occurred to me-it was that draw with Sweden - wasn't it? You guys are still in it though aren't you? That's the important thing - at least you didn't lose.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2006 05:03 pm
You are a case Aidan, so ok I am extremely disappointed with the abysmal performances England have shown to date. Their play does not come up to scratch at all, and the going is now going to get tougher. It's heart I want to see.

You invoked the bollocking lady Jane, not me. Your the one who has been conspiring with the oaf. I rather think you must have been sending him drafts of your intended posts. Then you spend a thousand words letting us all know what a pillar of society you are and in the same breath admit to using methods of 'wheedling and cajoling'

You have done enough here to warrant a CDM award, I'll put a word in and try to get you one.

The bint bit is zero, it means a girl of the times, young lady, your the one taking it to hell and back.

Your photograph is superb by the way.

Oh and tell the dick head it's no stalagmite, its a bolt of lightning.

Of course you sleep well, six glasses of wine and we can all sleep well. :wink:

If you don't want to smoke it, brew it in boiling water and sip it gently.

I don't think I gave you any reason whatsoever that I was referring to you with the passage regarding the criminally insane, my you can jump to conclusions or twist things to suit your own purposes.

It has been a crap day today, but I had to drive to Lancaster, I took my wife and treated her to lunch out at Samlesbury, a delightful little pub, the food was superb and the ambience ideal. The New Hall Tavern, I can recommend it with pleasure.

Well I 'll keep it short, I am late this evening, and you will need to contact Lord Yorkshire to see how your response should be. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 12:06 am
Quote:
You are a case Aidan, so ok I am extremely disappointed with the abysmal performances England have shown to date. Their play does not come up to scratch at all, and the going is now going to get tougher. It's heart I want to see.

I haven't watched at all (no tv) though I have to say I'm getting more and more tempted to find somewhere to watch a game. I heard a guy say yesterday on the radio that Gerrard is the one that transforms the team and injects heart into England's game everytime he's on the field. I do like to watch sports when I'm watching someone who is absolutely driven and talented like that. They said that now that Owen is out of the tournament, (and I do feel bad for him) Sven will look like a smart manager because he will have to use more imagination and creativity in terms of who he puts in when. You never know - maybe it will make the difference. I don't know enough about this team to know if what they're saying is true though- I'm just repeating what I've heard- trying to be encouraging you know.

Quote:
You invoked the bollocking lady Jane, not me. Your the one who has been conspiring with the oaf.

You're won't believe this, but I just started a pseudo biography of Lady Jane Grey. I thought it was factual, but since I've started it I realize it's more of a historical novel - based on fact but fleshed out with fiction.
I'm not conspiring with anyone Mathos. Perhaps you are though. I know whenever I have a guilty conscience about something, I tend to think I see whatever it is I feel guilty about going on all around me all the time.
Oh well, it is whatever it is- and it will all be made clear in the end.

Quote:
I rather think you must have been sending him drafts of your intended posts.

What makes you think that?

Quote:
Then you spend a thousand words letting us know what a pillar of society you are
Laughing That's because I knew you'd be growing so worried about me as you pictured me here a lonely, addled, alcoholic, immoral, fickle, dishonest, colluding and conspiring bint dribbling into my wine glass. I knew I needed to let you know that there were some bright spots in my life - that it isn't all that bad.

Laughing
Quote:
and in the same breath admit to using methods of 'wheedling and cajoling'
Usually my specialty. Didn't make a dint in Spendius' coat of armour though. I truly believe he finds me beyond redemption at this point.

Quote:
You have done enough here to warrant a CDM award, I'll put a word in and try to get you one.
Oh would you? Thank you Mathos. I can always count on you.

Quote:
The bint bit is zero, it means a girl of the times, young lady, your the one taking it to hell and back.

That's a relief Mathos. I thought you were questioning my virtue for a moment there. I should have known you'd never do something like that.

Quote:
Your photograph is superb by the way.

I never know what to say when you're nice to me Mathos. I hate to have to admit it because I wish that I didn't- but I do value your opinion (mostly because you've convinced me that you do have good taste -as a rule. I'm not so sure about your taste in literature but that doesn't apply to this). Anyway, your praise and encouragement mean a lot to me - so thank you (and I'm being sincere here).

Quote:
Oh and tell the dick head it's no stalagmite, its a bolt of lightning.
I knew it. And you are supposed to be God, aren't you?

Quote:
Of course you sleep well, six glasses of wine and we can all sleep well. :wink:

That was over the course of a week - not at one time. For real -if I drink more than three glasses at a time - it goes past pleasant to sick. So I don't do it. But yes, a nice glass of wine or two blurs all the edges very pleasantly and induces wonderful sleep. It's also good for one's health-unlike other spirits. Did you know that Mathos? The tannins in red wine are beneficial to cardiovascular health, so you can indulge without guilt.

Quote:
If you don't want to smoke it, brew it in boiling water and sip it gently.
That sounds distinctly unpleasant tasting. What's with you - advocating drug use? You know I'm a mother. You know it would be irresponsible of me to set such a bad example. (Maybe when they're grown up and out of the house. What can I tell you - I'll try almost anything once- if it promises to provide a good, fun experience of some sort, and take me back to fond memories of my youth. And no, I'm not drunk- just being sincere and truthful).

Quote:
my you can jump to conclusions or twist things to suit your own purposes
No wait, that's my specialty.

Quote:
It has been a crap day today, but I had to drive to Lancaster, I took my wife and treated her to lunch out at Samlesbury, a delightful little pub, the food was superb and the ambience ideal. The New Hall Tavern, I can recommend it with pleasure.

I've been to Lancaster. Thanks for the restaurant recommendation. I'll be in the Lake District at the end of July. I'll check it out.

Quote:
Well I 'll keep it short, I am late this evening, and you will need to contact Lord Yorkshire to see how your response should be. Rolling Eyes
I told you he's not talking to me, and I'm sincerely sad about that so stop rubbing it in.

That was much nicer. I'm proud of us. Why don't you write a poem to post here? This is supposed to be original writing you know...oh, wait, I just got it. I've been so worried about not following the rules, but maybe this could be the collected letters of....whoever...
I feel better now that I can think of it that way.
Hope you enjoy your day-talk to you later.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 08:30 am
Personally I think every home should have a TV with sky. The benefits of the discovery channels, sports, science and important news are good. Also there is the opportunity to watch decent films (as rare as they are) plus some interesting music channels. Especially 'flaunt.' Forget the rest though, they insult intelligence.

Steve Gerard is an excellent player, if that turnip had half a brain he would make him captain instead of Nancy Potter. I'm not knocking his dead ball skills, they are first class but as far as motivating the other players and being elsewhere effective on the field, he just hasn't got it.

Your assuming I conspire, who the hell with Aidan?

Since you admitted to PM'ing that lunatic, have you seen the ID thread, he is making a total utter idiot of himself on that. You could do with dropping him a line and warn him of the men in white coats, he is on a one way ticket to the fruit farm! Of that I am quite positive. I think he is writing his own Spendi Code and he is the only one with the key to unlock it.

Check it out for yourself;-

Science & Mathematics

Genetic Death

I D Theory Science or Religion

Science has an image problem

The powers that be are not ready to issue you a CDM just yet, but keep behaving yourself and I shall apply again on your behalf.

The way the scientists are advancing with DNA especially, we could be gods, they are making some marvellous discoveries and advancements, who knows what we humans will be capable of in a hundred years time or so. The rate of advancement in technology, medicine and standards of living (not all over the planet) have bettered themselves in the last hundred years, amazes me.

I note your comments regarding the wine, most alcoholics attempt to defend their actions one way or another. Fair comment too, but whilst a small glass may be beneficial to the cardiovascular system, overdoing the same is counterproductive in the effects wine of any denomination has on the liver, kidney's and very importantly, the pancreas. I'm not preaching either, I have seen a lot of people loose their health through booze.

I simply find the benefits of relaxing with a joint, far safer than booze. Each to their own. Plus the fact I always thought everybody smoked it.

Have you been to Lancaster Castle? There are mountains of history attached to it, Pendle Hill came in quite handy too :wink:

It is like winter again here today, so I finished early, I don't enjoy doing that, I hate loosing good time to bad weather in the summer months.

I have done my poem bit for the present, there are two, probably on the next page of Original Writing, check them out and feel free to comment.

1. The Bull.
2. The Tiger.

I think I will relax on here for a while and hope the weather picks up for tomorrow.

Take care Aidan.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2006 10:07 am
I have no idea if you conspire or who you conspire with if you do. All these conspiracy theories all of a sudden. What's up with that?

I've already told you - I don't comment on anyone's mental status on this forum, just as a matter of general practice.
Science and I (in general- unless it's some sort of medical or environmental research in which I happen to be interested) don't really get along. I envy Spendius his appreciation and understanding of the subject - but I doubt I'd have any valid contribution to make on any of the threads you mentioned.

Just as an aside- did you see the study they just completed in which they found that women who work the night shift or stay up very late subjecting their bodies to large amounts of artificial light increase their risk of breast cancer by 50-60%? Apparently, melatonin which is released in sleep, turns tumor cells off and inhibits their growth. When a woman limits the amount of melatonin her body produces by exposing herself to artificial light and less sleep - the tumors are more likely to be produced and grow more rapidly. The most interesting part of it was that women who are blind - have a much lower incidence overall of breast cancer than women who are sighted- so it's not only the sleep, but the darkness I guess. Or maybe women who are blind tend to get more sleep. Basically, the overall recommendation was nine hours of sleep a night. I found this study fascinating. (hope you do too).

By the way, what is a CDM?

Mathos - Don't worry. I swear to god - I haven't had any alcohol to drink since Sunday, and I probably won't until tomorrow night when I go to this barbecue I'm invited to. And even then I might only have a couple of beers, a few glasses of wine, and maybe some cider.... (just kidding)...relax.

I haven't been to Lancaster Castle. I just went through Lancaster on my way up to Scotland. It was really rainy that day and I just kind of blew through, so I'm looking forward to and hoping for a nice week-end to spend some time in that area. Thanks for the suggestions.

It was cold this morning, but beautiful this afternoon.

I read your poems. I liked them Mathos. You've been quite the adventurer, I must say. I really like the way you seemed to be able to really feel and describe the bull's pain. Also, the way you protected your wife and daughters from the monkeys was just inspiring. And here I am afraid to go in a field with some cows. You put me to shame.

I laughed for quite a while at the "soother on the floor" line you wrote in your last comment. (In the US we'd call it a pacifier, but soother just somehow works better). You're just too funny sometimes Mathos.

Maybe I will get tv in my new place. We'll be out in the boonies - it'll get dark earlier and earlier. My kids would be soooo happy. We'll see.

Have a good evening.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 01:57 am
Some original writing. My effort at being uplifting.

Solstice Song

And it was a day, that longest of days
That promised, delivered
rained hope on its way
And wherever you looked on
that long, lilting day,
a golden-hued minute stretched
to the horizon where the
sun was the constant
Still lighting the way,
Patient and stalwart, determined to stay
on that luminous, longest, most
lilting of days.

And beauty was truth on that
long, lilting day
Light was the victor- it shone and it swayed
in shimmering grasses
and still silvered waters whose
pure silent surface unbroken gave way
to what was awaiting in depths still unseen
for those who were faithful and still could believe
in all that has been and all that will be
and what was and what is
on a day such as this-
this luminous, longest, most lilting of days.

And when all of the stars in all of the skies
Are gathered to mourn
such a day passing by
their lights will burn brightly,
small fragments of bliss
reminding the world there were days
such as this
when the sun was the constant
still lighting the way,
Patient and stalwart, determined to stay
on this luminous, longest, most lilting
of days.
http://k.domaindlx.com/joepatrick111/sunset%20reservoir.JPG
http://k.domaindlx.com/joepatrick111/summer%20grasses.JPG
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2006 03:22 pm
They are beautiful photographs, I am assuming you took them. You have certainly put some decent photographs on here, is it a hobby, or do you simply point and press. I try everything, but I don't always get what I see.

I'm not commenting on your poetry, (we both know its good) because if I say its good, you won't stop and then I get bored, so put them on another thread.

I'm assuming your going to be moving into the country house, if so I wish you well, get all the services checked out though and the heating, before winter. Your landlord has a responsibility for the safety aspect of gas and electricity, he should be able to give you sight of the safety certificates, which will be dated. Only bona fide firms can issue the same. Just thinking though, if its out in 'The Ozarks' it may not have gas, in which case oil will have taken precedence over electricity, so make sure you have a fill up agreement sorted with a reliable supplier.

The sleep benefits against any illness are well documented by several papers, however, not all agree. Personally I need about six hours good sleep, I am a light sleeper and the slightest out the ordinary noise awakens me. However, I think worry, and heartache cause more illness, especially cancer.

The CDM bar, do you really want to know Aidan?

I'm glad you liked my poems, you wouldn't have got permission to say that off the oaf, so it is well received. Thanks. You might have commented on them direct for me, got them back on the front page so to speak, I had hoped for more comments than were received.

Weather has been better today up north, just hope I get a good Saturday now.

Have fun and a nice weekend.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 09:34 am
Quote:
They are beautiful photographs, I am assuming you took them.

Thank you. Yes, I did take them.
Quote:
You have certainly put some decent photographs on here, is it a hobby, or do you simply point and press.

It is somewhat of a hobby. I took a course in highschool. It covered basic compositional and developing techniques. My father happens to be a talented photographer - although he does mostly portraits- and I learned a lot by watching him.
The pictures I've posted on this forum are taken with my little digital point and press - which only has a 24x zoom- but I actually like the rather grainy texture that it gives on the distance shots - it makes the edges less sharp and gives a softer effect -almost as if I'm using some kind of filter. I like it because it reminds me of a painting sometimes. It appeals to me, although I realize it might not appeal to someone else. As with everything else, it's a matter of taste which is very subjective of course.

I got a new digital/SLR Canon for my birthday with a 90-300mm lens. I've been experimenting with that.

Quote:
I try everything, but I don't always get what I see.

Everyone has a different eye Mathos. The one piece of advice I'd give you is never to disregard a photo on first glimpse. Many times I'm not at all impressed with a picture I've taken, but I've learned to leave it alone instead of just impulsively deleting it, because when I go back later, I find things that I like about it that I didn't see at first. Sometimes it's all just a matter of perspective and what might seem at first to be a fault or flaw in a photo - is the very thing that makes it interesting and unique when taking a later or different view.

Quote:
I'm not commenting on your poetry, (we both know its good) because if I say its good, you won't stop and then I get bored, so put them on another thread.

Shocked (That's my favorite emoticon). Talk about being brutally honest (but of course that's what I most relate to in your personality - so okay- feel free- be brutally honest). You'll get "bored", huh?

But you know Mathos - this is original writing. I don't put this stuff out here primarily for comments - I put it out there as a means of expressing myself, so don't ever feel you have to comment or even read it if you're not interested in it. (but thanks for saying it's good).

Quote:
I'm assuming your going to be moving into the country house, if so I wish you well, get all the services checked out though and the heating, before winter. Your landlord has a responsibility for the safety aspect of gas and electricity, he should be able to give you sight of the safety certificates, which will be dated. Only bona fide firms can issue the same. Just thinking though, if its out in 'The Ozarks' it may not have gas, in which case oil will have taken precedence over electricity, so make sure you have a fill up agreement sorted with a reliable supplier.

I appreciate the advice.

Quote:
I am a light sleeper and the slightest out the ordinary noise awakens me.

I'm the same way. I used to think I slept too much because I loved to take naps, but then I realized that when I put all the hours I sleep together, it really wasn't more than about eight per day, it was just spread out over the course of 24 hours differently because I like to stay up later than most people and I wake up earlier than most people.

Quote:
However, I think worry, and heartache cause more illness, especially cancer.
Yep. Thankfully cancer doesn't seem to run in my family. We're more susceptible to heart disease.

Quote:
The CDM bar, do you really want to know Aidan?

Not if it's something I would find mean or hurtful. Let's just be nice today, okay?

Quote:
I'm glad you liked my poems, you wouldn't have got permission to say that off the oaf, so it is well received. Thanks. You might have commented on them direct for me, got them back on the front page so to speak,

Done.
Quote:
I had hoped for more comments than were received.

Jesus Mathos - don't be greedy. You got a bunch of comments. I never get any. Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes
Quote:
Weather has been better today up north, just hope I get a good Saturday now.

We got an awesomely beautiful Saturday. I can only hope it's as nice where you are, because it is lovely here.

Quote:
Have fun and a nice weekend.
You too.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 03:34 pm
I don't think anyone viewing the photographs I have seen you submit on A2K could help but notice the professionalism in them. Keep it up, they are excellent.

I note your advice comments and will use the same.

Actually, the Robins fledged today, I was so happy because my grandson Paul was with me. He was enthralled with their actions and the parents twittering commands from the oak tree. One had trouble getting bearings and fluttered into a wall, ouch! He was ok, but appeared very much afraid. Then the feral cat made an appearance, I didn't like to interfere, but I knew if cat saw him that would be it. So I cupped it gently in my hand, my wife chased cat off, and my grandson gave it some tinned dog food on the far side of the garden. In the meantime I thought it best to put him back in the nest, my wife took a 'fantastic ' photograph of it in my hand though, it is a cracker.

Your writing is excellent, I rather suspect that others may be cautious about passing comment on something they see as professional?

One comment though, you have a tendency to be morose in your writing. Loosen it up a little.

You might find it helps to float about a little more on the threads, you are cocooning yourself here.

I think also, you need to stop thinking people are having a go at you, they are not, most if not all the comments passed are light hearted banter, you do have a tendency to take it all as gospel.

Been a great day today as well. Really enjoyed it and got a lot of work done.

Take care Aidan.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 04:07 pm
Quote:
I don't think anyone viewing the photographs I have seen you submit on A2K could help but notice the professionalism in them. Keep it up, they are excellent.

Geez Mathos - I don't know what to say to that. I appreciate the compliment that is implicit in that statement, but the truth of the matter is that I have only started taking photographs again in the last year or two after a long, long hiatus. I have sold one - to a friend of mine who is the editor of a very small magazine. I think he did it more as a favor to me than anything else, so I'm reluctant to send him anything else fearing he'd feel beholden due to our friendship. But thank you for the encouragement. I will keep it up. I love doing it.

Quote:
Actually, the Robins fledged today, I was so happy because my grandson Paul was with me. He was enthralled with their actions and the parents twittering commands from the oak tree. One had trouble getting bearings and fluttered into a wall, ouch! He was ok, but appeared very much afraid. Then the feral cat made an appearance, I didn't like to interfere, but I knew if cat saw him that would be it. So I cupped it gently in my hand, my wife chased cat off, and my grandson gave it some tinned dog food on the far side of the garden. In the meantime I thought it best to put him back in the nest, my wife took a 'fantastic ' photograph of it in my hand though, it is a cracker.

Sounds like you guys had a nice day.

Quote:
Your writing is excellent, I rather suspect that others may be cautious about passing comment on something they see as professional?

What? I wish. I've pretty much given up hoping for publication because I see writers all around me who are so much better. I think Cola (what do you think happened to her?) and Edgar Blythe made me look like a rank amateur. Endymion is absolutely excellent as well. I wish I had the same confidence in my ability that you seem to. (By the way, both you and Spendius are excellent writers as well. I'm not as enamored of Spendius' work on the limerick thread as I have been of other stuff I've seen him write - but that's just personal taste - you know. You should really do more original writing - you have a real authentic and unique voice).

Quote:
One comment though, you have a tendency to be morose in your writing. Loosen it up a little.

I'll try to do that.

Quote:
You might find it helps to float about a little more on the threads, you are cocooning yourself here.

I love cocooning.

Quote:
I think also, you need to stop thinking people are having a go at you, they are not, most if not all the comments passed are light hearted banter, you do have a tendency to take it all as gospel.

I'll try to be more lighthearted about it all. But you know - Spendius is so different than I remembered him. I'm trying to understand, but I don't really feel like I ever knew him. Confusing. I'll try not to be judgemental though. That's my other unfortunate tendency.

Quote:
Been a great day today as well. Really enjoyed it and got a lot of work done.
Lovely

Quote:
Take care Aidan.

Sawadeka Mathos.
0 Replies