Secret societies... what is the secret?

RexRed

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 12:03 pm
@LionTamerX,
Quote:
Not true, they place a letter "G" in the center of the compass and(it's not a carpenters) square.

The "G" doesn't stand for God.

You say what things aren't and don't stand for and then you don't say what they do stand for. Kind of makes your disagreements a bit doubtful.
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 1 Sep, 2008 12:06 pm
a. The Square and Compass

Blue Lodge Masons are taught that the Square is to remind them that they must be "square" in their dealings with all men, i.e., to be honest. The Compass, they are taught, is to teach them to "circumscribe their passions," i.e. to control their desires and to be temperate. The real meaning of these "great lights," however, is sexual. The Square represents the female (passive) generative principle, the earth, and the baser, sensual nature; and the Compass represents the male (active) generative principle, the sun/heavens, and the higher, spiritual nature. The Compass, arranged above the Square, symbolizes the (male) Sun, impregnating the passive (female) Earth with its life-producing rays. The true meanings, then are two-fold: the earthly (human) representations are of the man and his phallus, and the woman with her receptive cteis (vagina). The cosmic meaning is that of the active Sun (deity, the Sun-god) from above, imparting life into the passive Earth, (deity, the earth/fertility goddess) below and producing new life (2)

b. The Letter "G"

The Blue Lodge Mason is taught that the "G" in the Masonic symbol represents God. Later on, he is told that it also represents "deity." Later still, he is told that it represents "geometry." In reality, this letter represents the "generative principle," the Sun-god and, thus, the worshipped phallus, the male "generative principle…" In its position (along with the Square and Compass) on the east wall over the chair (throne) of the Worshipful Master, it is the representation of the Sun, thus of the Sun-god, Osiris. Its earthly meaning, then, is of the sacred phallus; its cosmic meaning is of the Sun, worshipped since antiquity by pagans while facing the East. (See c, below).

copied from here:

http://watch.pair.com/symbol.html

It does and doesn't mean this and that?

What ever happened to face value?
Steve 41oo

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 11:13 am
@RexRed,
If the above is true, which I doubt, it has no relevance whatsoever for members of fraternal societies.
0 Replies

alex240101

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 02:07 pm
@RexRed,
This went on in my stste.
http://hnn.us/articles/1547.html
0 Replies

jackcab1

Wed 20 Oct, 2010 06:44 pm
I think most of the true meanings and philosophies of not only masonry but alot of secret societies have been lost in the way... but the info i have on masonry based on the book's i've read is that probably just a FEW FEW people will be able to tell you the truth behind the secrets. In masonry, there are tons of degree's ( http://www.google.com/images?q=masonry+degrees&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1600&bih=711 ) and only the top few from the chain will really know the purpose and the true philosophy about the society.
That is also why degree's exist. The more time you're a member, the more you discover, and the less you want to expose the secrets.
0 Replies