Ladies how did you know you were pregnant?

Eva

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 10:09 am
I have no idea when I ovulate. Never have. I've suspected (correctly) that I'm pregnant when my period is late and I'm starting to get breast tenderness, heartburn, etc. Of course, I've been wrong many, many more times than I've been right. So my "instincts" can't be trusted. I went with EPT.

Why are you asking, CL? Are you wondering if you're pregnant?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 10:11 am
No, not wondering.. just curious.. I love hearing the stories... don't know why... been doing alot of thinking about it though and trying to figure out at what age I want them...
0 Replies

mystery girl

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 10:16 am
Re: Ladies how did you know you were pregnant?
Crazielady420 wrote:
Just curious, I have heard so many different stories on it. Some say they just knew, others didn't know until they were a few months along. What signs were there that you knew?

First time - breasts tingling within a couple days. Second - symptoms were later; I actually got a period after conception so assumed I was not!

I got pregnant both times within the first month of trying, so when this past fall (uh, most definitely not trying to get pregnant again) I felt some breast tingling, I freaked out. Apparently, though, this is not an uncommon reaction to hormones related to sexual activity, so it seems my body was just really glad to have gotten some!

As far as ovulation - I feel twinging, like someone else said. Plus, once you've deliberately tried to get pregnant and paid attention to your body's cycles, you can tell by a couple ways where you are in the cycle.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 12:54 pm
About ten days after I became pregnant, my guy told me I smelled pregnant. Sure enuf -- I had no idea, but he was right on the money.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 01:55 pm
How do you smell pregnant?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 02:25 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
How do you smell pregnant?

You smell like you've been eating salted ice cream with anchovies.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 02:34 pm
And slappy you say that why? Have you ever been preggo lol?????????
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 02:35 pm
Laughing

i once knew an older black woman who claimed to be able to smell breast milk ......
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 02:37 pm
That is interesting....

Funniest thing happened.. a girl at my work was brest pumping and she labeled the milk in the work fridge as do not touch.... so one of the other employees ignored the sign and put in in their tea... when she found the bottle half empty, she went searching and them explained to the person what they actually drank
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 02:38 pm
And what was the reaction?? (You left out the best part.)
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 02:40 pm
Alot of going NO no NO no NO.. and then yes yes yes... then laughter from the rest of the employee;s.. it was like watching a sitcom!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:23 pm
OMG - I would have vomited.

When I had to work out of this other office for a while, someone there would pump and freeze the stuff. She left employment there, and a month later someone found this plastic container of frozen breast milk.

I just about tossed my cookies then too.

oooo, I just remembered, I once walked in on her pumping.

JEEZ LOUISE LOCK THE DAMN DOOR IF YOU'RE GONNA DO THAT!

I feel queasy.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:34 pm
I bet you could sell it on Ebay for a pretty penny.

I bid $1.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:45 pm
ebay breastmilk sales..

now THERES a company idea

Fresh from the Tit milk jugs..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:58 pm
What's so disgusting about a) a woman pumping or b) breastmilk?

Sure, I wouldn't be dying to drink it but if I did, I wouldn't be that grossed out. It isn't like you attached yourself to her nipple.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 04:12 pm
honestly bella, I don't know why...I just find it gross.

the whole milk and breast thing just never was something I could deal with.

fortunately, I've never had to.

Kinda like semen...I know it serves a purpose, but I don't want to be confronted with a nice warm glass of it.

I keep a stack of towels nearby for any breast milk/sperm mishaps.....or saliva...saliva's bad too....and feet.....boogers.....warm toilet seats.....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 04:41 pm
*I* find it gross, and I'm crunchy granola whip out the boob in public if baby's hungry extended breastfeeding mama. I made myself taste some (of my own, that I'd expressed for baby sozlet) 'cause it seemed so weird and squeamish not to -- I mean, if it's good enough for my baby, right? And I guess I'm glad I did, just for informational purposes. (I'll never view condensed milk or flan the same way again.) But I was thoroughly grossed out, had to force myself, and the total amount was like 1/16th of a teaspoon.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 05:12 pm
Nope couldn't do that sozobe. And I did the pumping thing and stuff. Couldn't bring myself to taste it though.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 06:54 pm
I'm with chai on this one. Before having children, I was NOT a baby person. People would bring their babies to work for show-and-tell and I would leave the room after expressing an obligatory, ahhhhhh. First inclination that it was feeding time and I was definitely outta there. That mostly changed when I had my own. I'll oogle and coo with the rest of them, but there's no way I'd ever stomach drinking breast milk.

I got queasy just reading CL's post.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 07:17 pm
Looks like we can figure out some of the spitters from the swallowers in this thread.
0 Replies