Ladies how did you know you were pregnant?

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 07:54 am
Just curious, I have heard so many different stories on it. Some say they just knew, others didn't know until they were a few months along. What signs were there that you knew?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 16,255 • Replies: 60
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 07:58 am
I knew when i gave birth..
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:02 am
I suspected from the moment I conceived. I can tell when I ovulate and I was trying to get pregnant so the combination of sperm plus egg was pretty easy to envision.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:03 am
shewolfnm wrote:

I don't know if this is myth or not, but a girl in my town was a rather large woman... she had no idea she was pregnant until she went into the emergency room with stomach cramps and they told her she was in labor! Shocked
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:09 am
It happens.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:11 am
yes it does.

I was 19 the first time I got pregnant.. im sure age had alot to do with it, but i truthfully didnt KNOW i was pregnant until i felt the flutters in my belly.

I have alot of 'female' problems and i could not rely on my period to tell me anything , or cramps, bloating anything..
so it didnt feel diffrent to me at all.
So I was about.. 6 months along before I had any idea.
It was scary.. I will say that..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:14 am
I can tell when I ovulate too.

Also, does anyone else get this right before their period starts, like a half an hour to 2 hours before? You'll be minding your own business, and all of a sudden you can just feel this "dropping" from the core of your being....it's more than physical, it's almost, well, spiritual too...this awareness of your womenhood.

Sorry crazy, never been pregnant, but it's interesting what J_B said. I've heard that before..Can you describe about how it felt J_B?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:16 am
I first noticed tenderness of my breasts.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:16 am
yes ma'am.

It feels... heavy.. in my crotch that morning and then..out of no where, that heavy feeling.. just disappears..
Voi-la..

Ive laid an egg..

I wonder if thats how chickens feel..
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:22 am
How do you know when you ovulate? I thought that was just counting days, you can actually tell??
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:47 am
I call it an 'eggsplotion' because it feels like a violent eruption from my ovary. My heart races and I have to lay (lie?) down for a few minutes. Then it's done.

I used it as a rhythm method of birth control for years. My cycles were fairly regular so I would use a diaphragm in mid cycle until a couple days after I ovulated.

When I wanted to make babies, I skipped the diaphragm part. Worked both times.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:50 am
You're a sneaky one, J_B
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:52 am
Chai, did you mean describe how it felt to envision the egg meeting sperm? It was kind of spiritual because the prenancies were planned.

This is going to sound wierd but it's based on science. I wanted girls and knew how to improve the odds so that's what I did. Then when I eggsploded I envisioned all those x-chromosome spermlets swimming around meeting my newly released egg. I was fairly sure the first time, I was positive the second time.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 08:54 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
You're a sneaky one, J_B

coldly calculating, gus Cool
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:09 am
Well I don't think I have ever known when I am ovulating. My cycle changes with the seasons and everything. So it is tricky.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:12 am
J_B wrote:
when I eggsploded .....

Laughing Laughing
sorry, but that is a damn funny saying
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:14 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:

I don't know if this is myth or not, but a girl in my town was a rather large woman... she had no idea she was pregnant until she went into the emergency room with stomach cramps and they told her she was in labor! Shocked

Same thing happened to my Aunts daughter.

Im not very in tune with when my periods gona start, no spiritual signs with me, but ever since ive been on the pill I swear I can pinpoint where my ovaries are.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:28 am
I can;t take birth control, they put me on it when I was 17 and it went bad. I turned into a monster.. I have a chemical imbalance and it interacted... it was kinda funny... PMS 24/7 with outburts and anger.... they haven't let me back on it since
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:50 am
I love "eggsploded"!

I usually just feel a twinge, when I notice it at all. "Oh, it's the left one this month."

(crazielady, we don't have to give the safe sex lecture, right?)

I tried to get pregnant for almost a year, and just about every month of trying I was certain that was the month. Rolling Eyes I guess it's possible that I conceived each time and it just didn't "take", but it had me doubting myself when I was again "certain" the month I really was pregnant. There were several signs that came together -- breast tenderness, hormonal wackiness, absent-mindedness, etc. But I wasn't sure until I did the EPT.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:53 am
sozobe wrote:

(crazielady, we don't have to give the safe sex lecture, right?)
quote]

No.. I have heard it all before.. my grandparents take the liberty to tell me not to get pregnant almost everytime I leave the house!

It scares me that I am at the age where my mother got pregnant with me though.
0 Replies