Politics 101

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 09:51 am
BBB
I doubt that Dyslexia's version of Anarchy would lead us back (in the western world, at least) into tribal societies. That would be a disaster. Dys is a kind and gentle male who has good taste in women (well sometimes) and I would be interested to learn how his version of Anarchy would effect the Common Good.

BBB
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:46 pm
To be more accurate laws sets boundaries for behavior that way laws does not tell you what to do but set penaties for going beyond the boundaries i.e. why we speak of law breaker. Also, this way citizens have the freedom of choice and action.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 12:06 am
I don't think government is Good or bad any more then a gun is good or bad. There only instruments. It's the nature of the people using the instruments and what they use them for. Think about the ultimate conclusion of all of the most powerful governments/Empires on earth.

"Our government teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
- Louis D. Brandeis
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:06 am
Amigo wrote:
I don't think government is Good or bad any more then a gun is good or bad. There only instruments. It's the nature of the people using the instruments and what they use them for. Think about the ultimate conclusion of all of the most powerful governments/Empires on earth.

"Our government teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
- Louis D. Brandeis
Louis D. Brandeis just said that to throw off the american people because he was a judge working for the government. He knows that our government has been breaking the law since it was founded and it makes the people feel good to think that they have someone on the inside. if you want a good quote to leave off on try this

"Our fellow citizens have been led hoodwinked from their principles by a most extraordinary combination of circumstances. But the band is removed, and they now see for themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

we need not to trust in our government in order to teach by example. we need to look to our for fathers who relied on eachohther to form a new union in which the people ran the government. but in our lazy fat american ways we let the wrong people in and now we need to get our government back.

"Independence can be trusted nowhere but with the people in mass. They are inherently independent of all but moral law." --Thomas Jefferson to Spencer Roane, 1819.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:21 am
Where the hell did this dude come from???

Orange County California!!!! Shocked

Their is only room for one radical intellectual from Cali on A2K buddy.....and i'm it.
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:23 am
i crawled out from underneath your pile of ill informed political bull ****
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:23 am
j/k no ofense
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:27 am
You want flex your head against mine youngster????

You can't soar with the eagles talking like a turkey.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:30 am
LeftCoastBum wrote:
j/k no ofense
Me too Leftcoast. I'm glad to see somebody speaking their mind. Silence is scarry and dangerous.
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:33 am
yeah silence is scarry! i think im gonna start a thread about the missing 13th amendment
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:37 am
What the f**k!!!!!! The 13th amendment????

I guess you want the NSA to work for there money.

Havn't you seen JFK buddy????
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:44 am
but do manchurian cadidates kill normal citizens????
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:45 am
and whats the nsa? national soccer association?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:55 am
http://www.nsa.gov/

The NSA is the intelligence agency that Bush authorized to monitor American citizens.

Bush Authorized Domestic Spying
Post-9/11 Order Bypassed Special Court

By Dan Eggen
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, December 16, 2005; Page A01

President Bush signed a secret order in 2002 authorizing the National Security Agency to eavesdrop on U.S. citizens and foreign nationals in the United States, despite previous legal prohibitions against such domestic spying, sources with knowledge of the program said last night.

The super-secretive NSA, which has generally been barred from domestic spying except in narrow circumstances involving foreign nationals, has monitored the e-mail, telephone calls and other communications of hundreds, and perhaps thousands, of people under the program, the New York Times disclosed last night.

The aim of the program was to rapidly monitor the phone calls and other communications of people in the United States believed to have contact with suspected associates of al Qaeda and other terrorist groups overseas, according to two former senior administration officials. Authorities, including a former NSA director, Gen. Michael V. Hayden, were worried that vital information could be lost in the time it took to secure a warrant from a special surveillance court, sources said.

cont. here http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/16/AR2005121600021.html
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:58 am
yeah i know and now hes under investigation for it too. they think that he instituted it without the permission of congress.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 02:15 am
It make sence to me that al Qaeda would try and find an American sympathizers which could lead to a large scale attack on America. So I understand why the NSA would want to tap some Americans. But why wouldn't they get a proper warrent?

I havn't done my homework on this and were of topic.

By the way leftcoast, The NSA should be pulling up to your house any minute now. I just saw there van take off.
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 02:20 am
well when they pick me up ill tell them to swing buy your pad and we can ask them wether he did have a warrent before they shoot us and tell everyone that we both died of hearattack
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 02:23 am
I bribed them with krispy cremes. Besides one look at me and you know i'm not a threat to anybody but myself. Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 02:30 am
Founding fathers and deism;

http://www.deism.org/foundingfathers.htm

"The United States of America should have a foundation free from the influence of clergy."
-George Washington
0 Replies

LeftCoastBum

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 02:33 am
so dose the government give you list of the sites you need to go to , to get noticed by them? cuz you sure do seem know about them all
0 Replies