Politics 101

Chumly

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 12:19 am
"The best argument for democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average politician"

-Chumly
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 02:18 pm
http://www.wolvesbook.com/

http://www.whenicamehome.com/
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 02:20 pm
Halliburton bails out of Iraq, KBR and now America

taxation without representation

http://www.hillaryproject.com/index.php?/sg_distro/comments/hillary_is_number_one_with_lobbyists/
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 04:46 pm
NAFTA and illegal immigration are both perpetuated by the same people.

Legal workers in the United States have rights (representation) and those rights cost the boss money.

So the boss said "to hell with this, I'm setting up shop in Mexico where I can treat workers like $hit and pay them starvation wages. This is NAFTA.

The "whacko anti trade commies" told fellow Americans what NAFTA was but they listened to guy NAFTA was something else. He lied because the bosses gave him allot of money (through lobbyist) to lie to the people.

So then allot of Mexicans came to America to get better pay and livelihood. The Boss liked this to because now he had people working for $hit in Mexico and America and the American worker with representation or rights could be replaced.

The left wing says "Let them stay and give them rights" the left will get half. The unrepresented worker stay but they will get no rights.

The right says "don't give them citizenship or rights send them back" They also will get half. The illegal worker will get no rights or representation but they will not be going back either.

Because Left wing and the right wing are not fighting for power. They have no power. The party in power is not on T.V.

The fight between left and right is so we can waste our energy and blame the other while the true party stays on the straight and narrow behind the curtain.

Am I crazy?

Was I crazy when I talked about NAFTA ten years ago?

Was I crazy when I talked about global warming ten years ago?

Was I crazy when I marched against the Iraq war before it happened?

I am ahead because I don't listen to the guy that is paid by the boss to sucker YOU.

How is it that the very thing that the "whaco" warned us about came to be and what the politician said it would be was not true? And know we are listening to the promises of the same politicians to fix what they told us before?!?!?!?

Now the man on T.V will tell you to vote for change based on the bad things like NAFTA, Global warming, the Iraq war. And that man is paid by the same man that is responsible for NAFTA, global warming and the Iraq war.

You don't believe me? Follow the money.

Democracy is a new idea. And the boss finally knows how to deal with it.

manipulation.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 06:16 pm
What is bundling and who is a bundler?

Bundling describes the activity of fundraisers who pool a large number of campaign contributions from political action committees (PACs) and individuals. Bundlers, who are often corporate CEOs, lobbyists, hedge fund managers or independently wealthy people, are able to funnel far more money to campaigns than they could personally give under campaign finance laws.

While there are disclosure requirements for bundling, they only go into effect when a bundler personally hands over checks. Most campaigns get around the disclosure provision by not having the bundler ever touch the checks. Mandatory disclosure of all bundled contributions - regardless of whether the bundler touches them - is the very least we can do to address this new way to evade disclosure laws. Disclosure of bundling activity could be achieved either through a new law from Congress or by an improvement in FEC regulations.

http://www.whitehouseforsale.org/index.cfm
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 07:59 pm
I.V.A.W. Iraqi Veteran Against The War

http://www.ivaw.org/
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 04:17 pm
There was a man. Everyday the man would go to the tree, tend to the tree, pick the fruit and feed his family. One day the man went to the tree and another men was there and he had put a fence around the tree.

" I need to tend the tree and pick food for my family" The first man said.

The second man said "This is my tree now and you can only buy this fruit with money."

"where do I get the money" The first man asked.

"You get it from working for me on the tree then I print the money and pay you. Then you can buy the fruit from me," Said the second man.

So the first man worked for the second man, but soon the price of the fruit went up so the man had to work harder for the same amount of fruit. Soon the man could not keep up with the price and the work for the fruit so he took a loan from the second man except he had to pay back more then he had borrowwed. He called this interest.

Dept= slavery

This is why the American revolution was fought. Men fighting for freedom from exploitation and control. Liberty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 12:38 pm
How can you bring jobs back from globalization if you can't compete with them. you would have to lower the standard of living and work conditions to the level of that work/prodution force in those countries (china/Mexico). You would have to treat your own people like they treat theirs.

You would have to create a two class system here to match theirs or raise their living/works standards to match ours.

Globalization isn't hard to understand it's just a matter of our own denial. We will be forced by globalization to become unamerican or you can say we will be forced to do to our workforce/people what we have done in other countries.

Unions, labour laws, work standards etc, etc, out the window.

Then the GNP will go up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBZne09Gf5A&feature=related
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 01:42 pm
That was the plan, Globalization. An America owned by international bankers.

Next is a domestic policy made by international bankers and inforced by the our own goverment that answer to these bankers (and are invested in).

You can take the illegal war in Nicaragua in the 1980s as an example. That is the model for Iraq and every other case where we subvert democracy for money and power. Search John Negroponte Iraq and Nicaragua.

These policies are going global. Thats what globalization is. The reccesion here is in the course of events of globalization. When and if Americans choose to fight back Blackwater will be called in like they were called in to New orleans.

Here is where the training takes place to subvert democracy and prevent fair pay and standard of living. Then corporations can come in (outsource) a "cooperative" workforce. that is what we compete with. That is the reccesion. Yes? No?

http://www.soaw.org/type.php?type=8

What happened to our audience.

They can't handle the truth. So the truth will get worse and worse.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 02:01 pm
Amigo, I learned something new from reading some of your posts; it's only my opinion, you understand.

Inflation has been with us simply based on the higher cost of almost everything while our salaries stayed relatively stagnant; inflation.

However, through globalization, we were still able to purchase many things like clothes, shoes, toys, and electronics at bargain prices, because they were produced by low cost labor countries like China.

Even though China seems to be growing their GDP at about ten percent every year, the majority of the Chinese are very poor, many lack drinking water, and their lands are polluted. A high price to pay for a small ratio of them to become wealthy.

But hang on a second; we find that a very small percentage in the US are becoming wealthy at the expense of the middle-class and the poor.

The Chinese through government subsidies are moving into new homes and apartments around the Yangtze River. Millions of Americans are losing their homes.

The greed of the directors and officers of our major corporations are taking away the American dream by "stealing" a greater portion of the corporate profits, and dolling out smidgens to the rest of their employees.
A big mistake that takes away what makes our economy strong; a strong middle-class.

Every week in the San Jose Mercury News, they publish the companies and officers who use their stock options to "earn" millions in one day. It's really obscene! The crime is greed; they don't care about the rest of their workers who struggle harder to keep their homes, send their kids to college, and have a secure retirement. We have found the enemy, and it's us!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 02:42 pm
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 11:24 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Amigo, I learned something new from reading some of your posts; it's only my opinion, you understand.

Inflation has been with us simply based on the higher cost of almost everything while our salaries stayed relatively stagnant; inflation.

However, through globalization, we were still able to purchase many things like clothes, shoes, toys, and electronics at bargain prices, because they were produced by low cost labor countries like China.

Even though China seems to be growing their GDP at about ten percent every year, the majority of the Chinese are very poor, many lack drinking water, and their lands are polluted. A high price to pay for a small ratio of them to become wealthy.

But hang on a second; we find that a very small percentage in the US are becoming wealthy at the expense of the middle-class and the poor.

The Chinese through government subsidies are moving into new homes and apartments around the Yangtze River. Millions of Americans are losing their homes.

The greed of the directors and officers of our major corporations are taking away the American dream by "stealing" a greater portion of the corporate profits, and dolling out smidgens to the rest of their employees.
A big mistake that takes away what makes our economy strong; a strong middle-class.

Every week in the San Jose Mercury News, they publish the companies and officers who use their stock options to "earn" millions in one day. It's really obscene! The crime is greed; they don't care about the rest of their workers who struggle harder to keep their homes, send their kids to college, and have a secure retirement. We have found the enemy, and it's us!
Like a global two class system. instead of countries we will be divided by class. Like in animal farm where the pigs eventually started dealing with the humans and turned there fellow animals into slaves.

And if a CEO tries to pay his workers fair wages he will not be able to compete in the global free market and will go out of business.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:33 pm
Martin Luther King, Jr.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 11:21 pm
http://www.opensecrets.org/index.asp

http://www.dehp.net/candidate/
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 01:52 pm
Our differences are being exploited (race, gender, etc).

If the polls say we will vote black, female, democrat or republican then $90,000,000 (Hillary, Obama) of interest money will go to that candidate. The same goes with the issues. We are polled on the issues.

Intill the we realize this manipulation in democracy there will be no real change. When we get disenchanted with one side or the other the Special interest money changes sides. And the candidate without any Special interest money is left out and we are left voting for the same powers year after year.

The media is a special interest. They sit in the same boardrooms of the people perpetuating the things the American voters want changed.

1. Poll the candidate:
Black, White, woman, man, Democrat, Republican.

2. Poll the issues:
Health care, imagration, War, Taxes.

3. Pick a candidate.

4. Give him/her the money and the media.

5. Block all other candidates.

This is How the election process works.

Martin Luther King Jr.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:06 pm
Let me regret that i am not in USA at present to expose the show business well organized, arranged, admired DRAMA
My name is RAMA
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 01:28 pm
Rama, Hows it going? By the way I'm and Existentialist.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.washington-report.org/html/us_aid_to_israel.htm
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 01:36 pm
Amigo wrote:
Rama, Hows it going? By the way I'm and Existentialist.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.washington-report.org/html/us_aid_to_israel.htm

Hell, what's a few billion here and a few billion there; our children will be strapped with huge interest payments that continues its upward spiral by the minute.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 01:36 pm
U.S. Overseas Loans and Grants

US Assistance Per Capita Data Since 1950: An Excel report showing a breakdown of US foreign assistance to foreign nations using per capita rates.

What's a few billion here and there?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 01:38 pm
Something our government doesn't understand:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Fiduciary duty)
Jump to: navigation, search
This page is about fiduciary in the legal sense. For optical field of view markers, see fiduciary marker.

The court of chancery, which governed fiduciary relations prior to the Judicature ActsThe fiduciary duty is a legal relationship between two or more parties (most commonly a "fiduciary" or "trustee" and a "principal" or "beneficiary") that in English common law is arguably the most important concept within the portion of the legal system known as equity. In the United Kingdom, the Judicature Acts merged the courts of Equity (historically based in England's Court of Chancery) with the courts of common law, and as a result the concept of fiduciary duty also became usable in common law courts.

A fiduciary duty is the highest standard of care imposed at either equity or law. A fiduciary is expected to be extremely loyal to the person to whom they owe the duty (the "principal"): they must not put their personal interests before the duty, and must not profit from their position as a fiduciary, unless the principal consents. The fiduciary relationship is highlighted by good faith, loyalty and trust, and the word itself originally comes from the Latin fides, meaning faith, and fiducia.

When a fiduciary duty is imposed, equity requires a stricter standard of behavior than the comparable tortious duty of care at common law. It is said the fiduciary has a duty not to be in a situation where personal interests and fiduciary duty conflict, a duty not to be in a situation where their fiduciary duty conflicts with another fiduciary duty, and a duty not to profit from their fiduciary position without express knowledge and consent. A fiduciary cannot have a conflict of interest. It has been said that fiduciaries must conduct themselves "at a level higher than that trodden by the crowd"[1] and that "[t]he distinguishing or overriding duty of a fiduciary is the obligation of undivided loyalty."[2]
0 Replies