The Sopranos Returns

firefly

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 11:03 pm
What a long wait for The Sopranos to return. I almost thought I had lost interest until I saw tonight's first episode of the new (and final) season. Wow! Did it come back with a bang! And I am more hooked than ever.

I don't want to give away tonight's plot developments, in case some haven't seen it yet, although I'm sure that by tomorrow everyone will be talking about it.

Any other Sopranos fans here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,224 • Replies: 111
No top replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 11:16 pm
Yup.
It was a strong return episode IMO. I expected to be disappointed but was happily suprised. The problem for me and most of my friends was trying to remember all of the details from last season.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 11:20 pm
So...Adriana has just 'disappeared"? Christopher knows what really happened, doesn't he?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 12:01 am
Wow! Too long a wait, but not bad for the first episode.

eoe, Yes, Christopher knew all along what happened to her.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:28 am
eoe wrote:
So...Adriana has just 'disappeared"? Christopher knows what really happened, doesn't he?

We all know, Eoe.

Well, all the men do,

It is no secret.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 08:22 am
eoe wrote:

I think the only one that really knows is Silvio.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 08:48 am
I can't wait til next week. This season is gonna be good.
_______
I think everyone knows where Ade went, hence the dream that Carm had. She isn't ignorant to what Tony does. I think she knows. And definitely Chris knows because he knew she was ratting.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 10:30 am
I just figured that altho' the guys don't share their day-to-day activities with their wives, Adriana's demise would be used openly in the family, discussed over dinner even, as an example of what happens if you snitch.

Carmela know who she's married to, no doubt, but she didn't know that Adriana was an informant so she wouldn't know that she'd been rubbed out.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 10:33 am
when I got sick and there was no income last year one of the things we did to save money was cut off the cable and I found we didn't miss it at all. Now that the Sopranos is back, we're cutting it back on.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 10:34 am
Carmela doesn't want to know Tony's business. that way she can feel like she's a good person. She's just a bad as Tony in her own way. Look at the things she did to get both her kids into college.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 10:44 am
Is AJ in college? Where???
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 11:06 am
If anthony is in college I'm sure it's some down south private (expensive) liberal arts school where yankees with dumb ass children and money send their wayward kids.... God knows I've entertained enough of them over the years Laughing
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 11:38 am
I think AJ's in a local college. It seemed like he's still living at home.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 11:39 am
Swimpy wrote:
I think AJ's in a local college. It seemed like he's still living at home.

ah yes... community college Laughing
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 11:54 am
Carmela's charms didn't work on AJ's counselor, remember?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 11:56 am
yes I recall... Carmela has way to much residual Catholic guilt to be married to Tony....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 12:25 pm
eoe wrote:

Carmela know who she's married to, no doubt, but she didn't know that Adriana was an informant so she wouldn't know that she'd been rubbed out.

Right, but she did know that something intense was going on in Ade's life. I really think that deep down, she knows.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 12:26 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
yes I recall... Carmela has way to much residual Catholic guilt to be married to Tony....

Except for that whole, seducing her priest thing.....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 08:33 am
Bella Dea wrote:
eoe wrote:

Right, but she did know that something intense was going on in Ade's life. I really think that deep down, she knows.

Maybe she believes that Adriana got tired of Christopher? Maybe his sobriety was a drag?
0 Replies

Winthorpe

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 03:11 pm
Carmela clearly has the ability to block things out as she obviously knew of Tony's infidelities and what he does for a living. Also, the new Porsche's and money to build spec houses helps her forget.

That was a pretty crazy premiere and hopefully the entire season will be as action packed.
0 Replies