Is being gay a choice?

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 12:24 pm
Ya know, smilies are okay but not with sarcastic, sardonic or cynical humor. Although Bill Maher does his little guffaws after he says something which slices-and-dices, say, President Putsch.

Did I say that? Yes, you did! Now cut that out.!

I suppose if it's directed at a particular person it might be nice to use a smiley.
0 Replies

pink thespian13

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 01:43 pm
Re: Is being gay a choice?
NickFun wrote:

Me: Being gay is not a choice.

Him: Of course it's a choice!

Me: Look, when you were a teenager did you "decide" that women were going to make your dick hard and men were not or did it just sorta happen all by itself?

Here is how I see it (keep in mind that I am a Christian so my views are based on what I believe to be truth - the Bible)

God created people to be attracted to one another. Men to women and women to men. Therefore it is my opinion that when we reach a certain age it is natural (not to mention the way God planned it) and sort of "built-in" that we are attracted to the opposite sex. When you "turn gay" is where the choice comes in. Ok that may not be clear and I wish I could make it more-so... if anyone would like to talk to me about it I'd be happy to discuss.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 02:48 pm
Nick, regarding your response to my snide humor (or attempts at humor): "You callin me gay JL??? I outa kick your ass here and now! Afterwards I'll go to a sports bar, watch the game and talk about chicks with the guys. I'll comment on our waitresses enormous hooters. See? That ain't gay!"

I'm SO GLAD you got my point.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 05:35 pm
I'll ignore the simple minded platitudes and go along with J L Nobody. Believe me, JL is not gay -- I have slept with him and he didn't touch me.
Embarrassed Laughing
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 07:00 pm
He's obviously a very sensible chap or,at the least,not foolish.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 07:02 pm
Yeah, but maybe he wanted to. So what?

Thanks, Spendius. I didn't deserve that.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 07:36 pm
Where is the evidence that sexual preference is written in stone?

Where is the evidence that sexual preference is developed and chosen?

The wide variety of sexual practices 'in practice' today seems to speak for the latter.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 07:50 pm
What difference does it make what a persons sexual preference is? Why judge a person because they think differently? Does God say to hate gay people? Is that in the Bible somewhere?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 07:51 pm
Now you're cooking, Nick.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 09:59 pm
Quick, someone check the bible.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 10:05 pm
Yes, it's overdue and there are heavy late fees.
0 Replies

RaceDriver205

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 10:16 pm
Its cool wolf, but given that you have informed me that you are gay, I not sure I can justify continuing a debate with you in which concepts of 'disorders' and such-what are being used to explain homosexuality.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 12:43 pm
NickFun wrote:
Does God say to hate gay people? Is that in the Bible somewhere?

Yes, it is actually.
Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

1sam 20:30 Then Saul's anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother's nakedness?

1kings 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.

romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

There is quite a lot more.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 01:08 pm
Homosexuality hasn't been considered a disorder for many decades now. Get with it.

As far as the Old Testament, is also states you will be put to death for eating crustaceons and if you do not honor your Mother and Father among other ridiculous passages. Bible thumpers should hit that book much harder.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 01:20 pm
Also working on Sunday. So if you're expounding you religious propaganda today, stay out of the garden.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:26 pm
God does not say to hate anyone. God does not hate people. He hates the sin. What is so hard to understand about that? And, no, I am not speaking about homosexuality being a sin in this post. If you are going to put Bible verses out there it might be nice to do it in their correct context.

We are no longer under the Mosaic Laws. One can certainly choose to be under those laws if they wish, but it is impossible for anyone to keep all 613 of them.

Christians are accused of picking out in the Bible particular verses and ignoring others. Pot meet the kettle. Rolling Eyes

0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:36 pm
You're consistantly uproariously funny, MA. Keep it up. You made my day. Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:40 pm
Yeah? Well, I guess you just have a low threshhold for entertainment. Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:43 pm
Yes, I was expecting dancing girls.

Well, maybe not?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:45 pm
Well, how about angels dancing on the head of a pin? THAT I might be able to arrange. :wink:
0 Replies