Is being gay a choice?

NickFun

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 02:56 pm
It seems everyone has an opinion as to whether being gay is a product of genetics, environment, bilogy societal conditioning or a something else entirely. A beefy Republican friend of mine -- who claims to be "super straight" -- argues that it's a choice. He's totally anti-gay and brags about how much he hates gays. During our conversation I tried to be diplomatic with him, seeing as he was 6'3 and over 300lbs, but a moral sense of righteousness dictated that I stand my ground and prove to him that he's wrong. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Being gay is not a choice.

Him: Of course it's a choice!

Me: Look, when you were a teenager did you "decide" that women were going to make your dick hard and men were not or did it just sorta happen all by itself?

Him: I decided!!!

Me: Ok, you decided. In order for it to be a "choice" then you must get turned on by both men AND women! That means that YOU are gay my friend!

Him: I AM NOT GAY!!! (He pounds his fist on the desk and glares at me. Then he starts ranting and raving) WHO ARE YOU TO CALL ME GAY?? I'M A MARRIED MAN WITH TWO KIDS!!! I OUTA WHIP YOUR ASS HERE AN NOW!!!

I guess "ass-whipping" is a sure sign of "not being gay". His face turned flush with anger. At this point I ran for the door with him in pursuit. I was fast enough to escape him as staying in one place would have meant certain death. I haven't heard from him since.

No doubt about it. He's gay.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 20,667 • Replies: 399
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 03:02 pm
NickFun,

Recently, I had a lot of questions concerning this. A lot of questions were answered for me with a lot of input from many. Perhaps it will help you too.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70640
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 03:06 pm
Squinney once had a 'gay for a day' thread. We were all gay.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:13 pm
I don't care if anyone is gay. Guys just don't do it for me. If they did, then I would.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:18 pm
Needless to say, it's a question that won't go away any time soon. I often wonder, though: why does it matter? In terms of curiosity and the desire to understand human behavior, I can see why we would spend as much time as we have debating the question. But in terms of gay rights, the need to defend equal treatment for gays doesn't become less urgent either way, in my opinion. (Obviously many out there disagree.)

I'm not saying it's an unimportant question; but I sometimes feel that debating it is ultimately more helpful to the anti-gay camps, because it distracts us from the more important matter of securing equal treatment.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:19 pm
I don't know if you read the thread MommaA linked or not, but my short answer to your thread topic is, 'No'.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:21 pm
J_B,

I need to ask you a question about the "gay for a day" post you made, but I don't want this to get totally off of topic for Nick Fun and not sure it's totally on topic. So, can I pm you about it?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:27 pm
no need, momma. Here it is

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48382
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:28 pm
It sort of reminds me of the people, who doled out compassion to AIDS victims, based on how they contracted it.

Nick-- The beefy friend? Obviously gay! I am SURE you could've whipped his ass,...if you'd wanted to.

Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:31 pm
Thanx for the link J_B, but that wasn't my question.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:33 pm
Of course Lash. We straght guys can always beat them gay guys.

I do have to relate here a funny story. I once worked with a guy, let's call him Ray, who was a reformed "gay basher". One night while he and two friends were prowling for gays to beat up they saw one coming out of a gay bar and started chasing him. The gay guy ran down an alley and the three of them had him cornered. The guy turned around and said "The only thing I like better than sucking cock is kicking ass!"

He sent the three of them to the hospital. Needless to say, Ray and his friends never bashed another gay again.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:35 pm
That is just... beautiful.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:38 pm
LOVED it!

But, you didn't know actual gay bashers, didya?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:41 pm
Maybe I should clarify this statement:

Nick-- The beefy friend? Obviously gay! I am SURE you could've whipped his ass,...if you'd wanted to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was satirical.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 05:06 pm
Ho, I COULD have whipped his ass Lash. But it would have been more enjoyable for him than me.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 05:07 pm
Lash wrote:
LOVED it!

But, you didn't know actual gay bashers, didya?

This guy was an honest and true gay basher and he told me this story. He said he'd never mess with one again.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 07:35 pm
That is astonishing. I'm sure I've known people who bullied gay people, but they never told me about it. I think I would hit them.

...call the cops...

put sugar in their gas tank...

Call Oprah in the least!

Smile
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 07:38 pm
This was on "60 Minutes" this evening. Check it out:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/09/60minutes/main1385230.shtml
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 07:40 pm
J_B wrote:
Squinney once had a 'gay for a day' thread. We were all gay.

Yes, that was fun! I enjoyed being gay! Very Happy
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 07:47 pm
Thanks, Phoenix. Great piece.
0 Replies